2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GhostF1
112
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:11 am

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by GhostF1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:07 am

iotar__ wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:03 am
Raleigh wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:49 pm
Haas started out running a 100% Ferrari suspension, all the purchased suspension components brake ducts etc, the same brembo brakes, everything except the wheels were identical (Haas chose to CNC machine their own copies of the OZ Racing wheels Ferrari runs), they simply couldn't get the brakes set up right.

Last year Haas started experimenting with Carbon Industries brakes to try and solve their woes, can't remember if they stuck with Carbon Industries or went back to Brembo.

If the Ferrari suspension is falling short anywhere it would be in comparison to Mercedes and Red Bull.
- That's not true and that's the very gist of the problem. Educate yourself before posting.
- Neither is every other pseudo technical conclusion ("set up problems" as opposed to technical characterictics including material failure) that followed and preceded this statement in this and other (Haas) thread.
GhostF1 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:11 pm
Whatever issues they have, they aren't as bad as it's been made out to be. It is only Romain. They mentioned "Romain's driving style is what they are trying to get the brakes setup for". That's probably the most they can say before he has a tantrum.
It is 99% of the time only him with these issues.
And that speaks louder than anything else, it is definitely not all hardware related.
A. See above.
B. Would it be possible to back up this number with any data? It would speak even louder than empty claims #-o .

BTW whatever happened to simlarly empty claims from Sky experts about special/perfect/different suspension by Haas courtesy of former Lotus "desinger" (2016)?
Do you even watch the races??? I don't need to provide data for anyone to know it is Romain with a large majority of the brake issues.

Jolle
145
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by Jolle » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Looking at a very red Ferrari again, it looks almost empty!
Nice to see it without the Marlboro style Ferrari badge on the engine cover and with the white Santander badges. Too bad they didn’t make the wings ‘80s black :D

Let’s hope on Philip Morris to gain some style and not make the car into a sticker fest again.

etusch
79
User avatar
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by etusch » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:24 pm

Sidepod air inlets look very small. as if their new engine doesn't need much air for cooling

iotar__
5
User avatar
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:31 am

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by iotar__ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:12 pm

GhostF1 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:07 am
iotar__ wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:03 am
Raleigh wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:49 pm
Haas started out running a 100% Ferrari suspension, all the purchased suspension components brake ducts etc, the same brembo brakes, everything except the wheels were identical (Haas chose to CNC machine their own copies of the OZ Racing wheels Ferrari runs), they simply couldn't get the brakes set up right.

Last year Haas started experimenting with Carbon Industries brakes to try and solve their woes, can't remember if they stuck with Carbon Industries or went back to Brembo.

If the Ferrari suspension is falling short anywhere it would be in comparison to Mercedes and Red Bull.
- That's not true and that's the very gist of the problem. Educate yourself before posting.
- Neither is every other pseudo technical conclusion ("set up problems" as opposed to technical characterictics including material failure) that followed and preceded this statement in this and other (Haas) thread.
GhostF1 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:11 pm
Whatever issues they have, they aren't as bad as it's been made out to be. It is only Romain. They mentioned "Romain's driving style is what they are trying to get the brakes setup for". That's probably the most they can say before he has a tantrum. And that speaks louder than anything else, it is definitely not all hardware related.
A. See above.
B. Would it be possible to back up this number with any data? It would speak even louder than empty claims #-o .

BTW whatever happened to simlarly empty claims from Sky experts about special/perfect/different suspension by Haas courtesy of former Lotus "desinger" (2016)?
Do you even watch the races??? I don't need to provide data for anyone to know it is Romain with a large majority of the brake issues.
- The point is that you (I'm guessing didn't check) and others were babbling in multiple posts in two threads based on a false premise (Haas = Ferrari = the same) and drawing idiotic conclusions. Tried to help you.

- So once again: brakes and problems ralated to them were not the same. Nevermind the fact that Ferrari didn't have any #-o

- Haas or no Haas: looking for suspension and set up problems in a car that dominated not only Mercedes but Red Bull on every low (mid) speed track is weird. As if comparing two teams and cars so far from each other wasn't weird enough.

GhostF1
112
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:11 am

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by GhostF1 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:14 pm

iotar__ wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:12 pm
GhostF1 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:07 am
iotar__ wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:03 am
- That's not true and that's the very gist of the problem. Educate yourself before posting.
- Neither is every other pseudo technical conclusion ("set up problems" as opposed to technical characterictics including material failure) that followed and preceded this statement in this and other (Haas) thread.

A. See above.
B. Would it be possible to back up this number with any data? It would speak even louder than empty claims #-o .

BTW whatever happened to simlarly empty claims from Sky experts about special/perfect/different suspension by Haas courtesy of former Lotus "desinger" (2016)?
Do you even watch the races??? I don't need to provide data for anyone to know it is Romain with a large majority of the brake issues.
- The point is that you (I'm guessing didn't check) and others were babbling in multiple posts in two threads based on a false premise (Haas = Ferrari = the same) and drawing idiotic conclusions. Tried to help you.

- So once again: brakes and problems ralated to them were not the same. Nevermind the fact that Ferrari didn't have any #-o

- Haas or no Haas: looking for suspension and set up problems in a car that dominated not only Mercedes but Red Bull on every low (mid) speed track is weird. As if comparing two teams and cars so far from each other wasn't weird enough.
I have zero interest in fulfilling your desire to bring up a month old irrelevant debate... Can we concentrate on what is happening in the present such as the car launch and testing please.

Vanja #66
312
User avatar
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: BGD, SRB

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by Vanja #66 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:53 pm

MtthsMlw wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:19 pm
Image
Oh glorious red, how we've missed you!
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

adrianjordan
48
User avatar
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 am
Location: West Yorkshire, England

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by adrianjordan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:57 pm

I don't remember any other teams putting sponsors on the front suspension before....
In 2007 I had the chance to go to a meet-and-greet with an F1 test driver. I decided not to as I didn't think he'd even amount to much...he was the BMW Sauber test driver and his name was Sebastian Vettel...

Fulcrum
101
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by Fulcrum » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:12 pm

No sponsorship on the rear wing. That must be a temporary situation, surely? No wonder the car looks so red.

Vanja #66
312
User avatar
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:38 pm
Location: BGD, SRB

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by Vanja #66 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:13 pm

adrianjordan wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:57 pm
I don't remember any other teams putting sponsors on the front suspension before....
Image

It's their own thing. But I think I've seen others do it also...

Oh God, that front wing looks so stone ages. Just 3 years. Wow!
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

NutritionFact
6
User avatar
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:30 am

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by NutritionFact » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:01 am

Vanja #66 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:13 pm
adrianjordan wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:57 pm
I don't remember any other teams putting sponsors on the front suspension before....
http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagenes/2 ... on_7_1.jpg

It's their own thing. But I think I've seen others do it also...

Oh God, that front wing looks so stone ages. Just 3 years. Wow!
Years ago

Image

Edit: wrong pic
Last edited by NutritionFact on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"In my time the Pit babe was there instead of the telemetry."
Gerhard Berger

Sieper
47
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by Sieper » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:07 am

That’s an 4WD 😈

NathanOlder
112
User avatar
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Post by NathanOlder » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:44 am

adrianjordan wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:57 pm
I don't remember any other teams putting sponsors on the front suspension before....
Williams and Renault/Lotus have done it for years.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

Does anyone play F1 2019 on Ps4, would love to set up a league.

Mr.G
39
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:52 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

Post by Mr.G » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:47 pm

I'm interested in that one particular lap (I have some thoughts about it) and I would like to have second opinion from some one skilled...

mmred - It was the fastest lap of this year winter testing, how complicated must to be google it?
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Just_a_fan
441
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

Post by Just_a_fan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Mr.G wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:08 pm
There is footage of the Vettel's fastest lap on the youtube, can some of the experts there watch the video and let us know what are they observations? If was Vettel pushing crazy hard or not? I'm not an expert but for me the lap doesn't look like he is driving on the edge. Also the engine doesn't seem like it on the peek power...
It's not an ideal video because there's none of the useful telemetry in it. However, if he's taking it gently, he's using a lot of kerb on exit and he's on the throttle very early in the corners. It certainly doesn't look very sandbaggy, anyway. There is some short shifting in places but I think that is normal these days because the PUs are so powerful. It's very tidy but then Vettel is one of those drivers who can pull out a very fast, very tidy lap.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

Mr.G
39
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:52 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

Post by Mr.G » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Just_a_fan wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:02 pm
Mr.G wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:08 pm
There is footage of the Vettel's fastest lap on the youtube, can some of the experts there watch the video and let us know what are they observations? If was Vettel pushing crazy hard or not? I'm not an expert but for me the lap doesn't look like he is driving on the edge. Also the engine doesn't seem like it on the peek power...
It's not an ideal video because there's none of the useful telemetry in it. However, if he's taking it gently, he's using a lot of kerb on exit and he's on the throttle very early in the corners. It certainly doesn't look very sandbaggy, anyway. There is some short shifting in places but I think that is normal these days because the PUs are so powerful. It's very tidy but then Vettel is one of those drivers who can pull out a very fast, very tidy lap.
Thanks, this is the type of answer I was looking for... Would you agree it was good "racing" lap but not exactly "qualification" lap? Kimi did a very similar lap, so Vettel probably still have some tenths reserved...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts