2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GhostF1

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

iotar__ wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 04:03
Raleigh wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 22:49
Haas started out running a 100% Ferrari suspension, all the purchased suspension components brake ducts etc, the same brembo brakes, everything except the wheels were identical (Haas chose to CNC machine their own copies of the OZ Racing wheels Ferrari runs), they simply couldn't get the brakes set up right.

Last year Haas started experimenting with Carbon Industries brakes to try and solve their woes, can't remember if they stuck with Carbon Industries or went back to Brembo.

If the Ferrari suspension is falling short anywhere it would be in comparison to Mercedes and Red Bull.
- That's not true and that's the very gist of the problem. Educate yourself before posting.
- Neither is every other pseudo technical conclusion ("set up problems" as opposed to technical characterictics including material failure) that followed and preceded this statement in this and other (Haas) thread.
GhostF1 wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 22:11
Whatever issues they have, they aren't as bad as it's been made out to be. It is only Romain. They mentioned "Romain's driving style is what they are trying to get the brakes setup for". That's probably the most they can say before he has a tantrum.
It is 99% of the time only him with these issues.
And that speaks louder than anything else, it is definitely not all hardware related.
A. See above.
B. Would it be possible to back up this number with any data? It would speak even louder than empty claims #-o .

BTW whatever happened to simlarly empty claims from Sky experts about special/perfect/different suspension by Haas courtesy of former Lotus "desinger" (2016)?
Do you even watch the races??? I don't need to provide data for anyone to know it is Romain with a large majority of the brake issues.

Jolle

Looking at a very red Ferrari again, it looks almost empty!
Nice to see it without the Marlboro style Ferrari badge on the engine cover and with the white Santander badges. Too bad they didn’t make the wings ‘80s black :D

Let’s hope on Philip Morris to gain some style and not make the car into a sticker fest again.

etusch

Sidepod air inlets look very small. as if their new engine doesn't need much air for cooling

iotar__

GhostF1 wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 07:07
iotar__ wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 22:49
Haas started out running a 100% Ferrari suspension, all the purchased suspension components brake ducts etc, the same brembo brakes, everything except the wheels were identical (Haas chose to CNC machine their own copies of the OZ Racing wheels Ferrari runs), they simply couldn't get the brakes set up right.

Last year Haas started experimenting with Carbon Industries brakes to try and solve their woes, can't remember if they stuck with Carbon Industries or went back to Brembo.

If the Ferrari suspension is falling short anywhere it would be in comparison to Mercedes and Red Bull.
- That's not true and that's the very gist of the problem. Educate yourself before posting.
- Neither is every other pseudo technical conclusion ("set up problems" as opposed to technical characterictics including material failure) that followed and preceded this statement in this and other (Haas) thread.
GhostF1 wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 22:11
Whatever issues they have, they aren't as bad as it's been made out to be. It is only Romain. They mentioned "Romain's driving style is what they are trying to get the brakes setup for". That's probably the most they can say before he has a tantrum. And that speaks louder than anything else, it is definitely not all hardware related.
A. See above.
B. Would it be possible to back up this number with any data? It would speak even louder than empty claims #-o .

BTW whatever happened to simlarly empty claims from Sky experts about special/perfect/different suspension by Haas courtesy of former Lotus "desinger" (2016)?
Do you even watch the races??? I don't need to provide data for anyone to know it is Romain with a large majority of the brake issues.
- The point is that you (I'm guessing didn't check) and others were babbling in multiple posts in two threads based on a false premise (Haas = Ferrari = the same) and drawing idiotic conclusions. Tried to help you.

- So once again: brakes and problems ralated to them were not the same. Nevermind the fact that Ferrari didn't have any #-o

- Haas or no Haas: looking for suspension and set up problems in a car that dominated not only Mercedes but Red Bull on every low (mid) speed track is weird. As if comparing two teams and cars so far from each other wasn't weird enough.

GhostF1

iotar__ wrote:
22 Feb 2018, 23:12
GhostF1 wrote:
01 Feb 2018, 07:07
iotar__ wrote:

A. See above.

- The point is that you (I'm guessing didn't check) and others were babbling in multiple posts in two threads based on a false premise (Haas = Ferrari = the same) and drawing idiotic conclusions. Tried to help you.

- So once again: brakes and problems ralated to them were not the same. Nevermind the fact that Ferrari didn't have any #-o

- Haas or no Haas: looking for suspension and set up problems in a car that dominated not only Mercedes but Red Bull on every low (mid) speed track is weird. As if comparing two teams and cars so far from each other wasn't weird enough.
I have zero interest in fulfilling your desire to bring up a month old irrelevant debate... Can we concentrate on what is happening in the present such as the car launch and testing please.

Vanja #66

MtthsMlw wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 16:19
Oh glorious red, how we've missed you!
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

adrianjordan

I don't remember any other teams putting sponsors on the front suspension before....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Fulcrum

No sponsorship on the rear wing. That must be a temporary situation, surely? No wonder the car looks so red.

Vanja #66

adrianjordan wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 17:57
I don't remember any other teams putting sponsors on the front suspension before....

It's their own thing. But I think I've seen others do it also...

Oh God, that front wing looks so stone ages. Just 3 years. Wow!
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

NutritionFact

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 18:13
adrianjordan wrote:
http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagenes/2 ... on_7_1.jpg

It's their own thing. But I think I've seen others do it also...

Oh God, that front wing looks so stone ages. Just 3 years. Wow!
Years ago

Edit: wrong pic
Last edited by NutritionFact on 26 Feb 2018, 04:01, edited 1 time in total.
"In my time the Pit babe was there instead of the telemetry."
Gerhard Berger

Sieper

That’s an 4WD 😈

NathanOlder

adrianjordan wrote:
Williams and Renault/Lotus have done it for years.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Mr.G

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

I'm interested in that one particular lap (I have some thoughts about it) and I would like to have second opinion from some one skilled...

mmred - It was the fastest lap of this year winter testing, how complicated must to be google it?
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Just_a_fan

Mr.G wrote:
11 Mar 2018, 21:08
There is footage of the Vettel's fastest lap on the youtube, can some of the experts there watch the video and let us know what are they observations? If was Vettel pushing crazy hard or not? I'm not an expert but for me the lap doesn't look like he is driving on the edge. Also the engine doesn't seem like it on the peek power...
It's not an ideal video because there's none of the useful telemetry in it. However, if he's taking it gently, he's using a lot of kerb on exit and he's on the throttle very early in the corners. It certainly doesn't look very sandbaggy, anyway. There is some short shifting in places but I think that is normal these days because the PUs are so powerful. It's very tidy but then Vettel is one of those drivers who can pull out a very fast, very tidy lap.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Mr.G

Just_a_fan wrote:
11 Mar 2018, 23:02
Mr.G wrote:
11 Mar 2018, 21:08
There is footage of the Vettel's fastest lap on the youtube, can some of the experts there watch the video and let us know what are they observations? If was Vettel pushing crazy hard or not? I'm not an expert but for me the lap doesn't look like he is driving on the edge. Also the engine doesn't seem like it on the peek power...
It's not an ideal video because there's none of the useful telemetry in it. However, if he's taking it gently, he's using a lot of kerb on exit and he's on the throttle very early in the corners. It certainly doesn't look very sandbaggy, anyway. There is some short shifting in places but I think that is normal these days because the PUs are so powerful. It's very tidy but then Vettel is one of those drivers who can pull out a very fast, very tidy lap.
Thanks, this is the type of answer I was looking for... Would you agree it was good "racing" lap but not exactly "qualification" lap? Kimi did a very similar lap, so Vettel probably still have some tenths reserved...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts