2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

godlameroso wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 01:55
Perez did the best he could, although I agree with the general sentiment that he could have done things differently, so could Max, and Lewis, however they didn't. It goes to show that you can't force your way through the grid, you have to let the situation come to you. One thing Alonso has over the rest of the field, is that awareness that everyone else lacks. Almost like he knows how to be in the right place at the right time before anything happens. That strategic sense is one thing that makes him such a complete driver.

Verstappen's luck yesterday of starting on pole, and Riccardo's win are the result of the same thing, just being ready for whatever may come and being flexible enough to seize the moment. Then, you just do what you're good at, and everything kind of just falls into place.

We saw that when Hamilton and Vettel went on their crazy win streaks, sure the car was faster than the competition but their teammates didn't fare so well, they won and made it look easy.
Not sure why they didn't take the initiative and give the place back. That one is on Horner.

I agree, RBR didn't have enough speed to get past the McLaren's, Perez couldn't do more. Bottas had a tire edge and he couldn't get past Perez....

The thing about Alonso is exactly what you said...He bides his time and mostly takes what is sensabile risks after analyzing things. He is always trying to put himself in the best situation to pounce. If the situation doesn't present itself, he brings home the points and fights another day.

max_speed

Bit gutted but this fiasco is on redbull as a team. without a botched pitstop it was easy 2nd and few more points on lewis. Redbull is making lot of mistakes including verstappen. This race presented itself to redbull to increase gap and put merc under more pressure but now with grid penalty championship is evening out. Perez is no where and without him being there near top. Ves and team may commit more mistakes.he just needs put himself between Verstappen and Lewis for 2 times and championship will be sealed.

Ryar

TNTHead wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 21:15
Ryar wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 18:39
isullivan wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 17:13
Do you think that pitstop was slow because of the new regulations, was the wheel on but the gun was showing error ?
It was told on Sky that, the problem caused today was due to manual intervention now needed to signal the tyre change from each of the crews, which up until a few races back, was sensor based. So, one can say, the recent FIA TD, induced this mess.
So one can argue that Merc succesfully poured sand in the mill of RB with their pushing for the wheel gun regulation change.

Still VER was after his 11 s pit stop very close to HAM after both pit stops. Does anyone know the lap time of the outlap of VER? That must have mega, otherwise the wouldn't be so close.
It shows how open and in biased manner FIA is using vagary of rules to issue technical directives to target one team and help another.
Hakuna Matata!

godlameroso

Well whoever said Verstappen should take an engine penalty at Sochi was right. That would leave him with plenty of components to finish the season. Shame because this could have been the first year they win there, they definitely have the car and pace to do it.

Last year the Red Bull was really fast in Verstappen's hands, despite its appearance Sochi has a lot of medium speed corners, and sector 3 is very tight and twisty, exactly where the RB is fast. Perez needs another really good result, and in a way the corner entries are very similar to Baku so with luck Perez can have a really strong race and possibly deny Mercedes the win.
Saishū kōnā

dxpetrov

Don't be surprised if Hamilton had to change the engine next race. His engineer told told him the engine was cooked when he tried to reverse and continue.

e30ernest

dxpetrov wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 05:03
Don't be surprised if Hamilton had to change the engine next race. His engineer told told him the engine was cooked when he tried to reverse and continue.
I did not catch the radio message there. I thought his engineer just said the car was done (not the engine).

Nathanael F1

e30ernest wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 05:16
dxpetrov wrote:
I did not catch the radio message there. I thought his engineer just said the car was done (not the engine).
I did not get the impression from that radio message that there was an issue with the engine either.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Jambier

Will an engine change « cancel » the penalty?

Gillian

Nathanael F1 wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 05:43
e30ernest wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 05:16
dxpetrov wrote:
I did not get the impression from that radio message that there was an issue with the engine either.
Me neither. Hamilton was trying to get away which was clearly never gonna work and it sounded more like a "calm down Lewis, we are done for the day".

Jaisonas

JordanMugen wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 19:56
Is anyone else confused by Perez's lack for race smarts, for a renowned racer? Especially when Perez made the same judgement twice -- not to immediately give the place back after cutting a corner, when most seasoned racers would immediately give the back and then get back on with racing. Most curious. :)

Mr.S wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 17:21
Perez has been a total dud because of his qualifying issues. He is so slow that he always have to crazy recovery drives, huge overtakes which increases risk of car damage, penalties & isn't good for tyre management.
He still would have scored the podium if not for his tactical decision to keep places gained by corner cutting. But even so that would be 3 podiums for Perez vs 8 podiums for Bottas (or 7 if Perez had scored this podium), so Perez doesn't seem to be performing as well as Bottas over the season.
Perez asked the team on the radio if he has to give the position back to which they replied that he's fine.

PlatinumZealot

Jambier wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 07:58
I think it will be stacked and carried over. Gone are the days of 70 place grid penalties in one race. You serve the three place, plus the engine components penalties. The driving penalty comes first, so if sum of the driving enalties and engine penalty goes over 20 it does not carry over to the next race. I think**

To illustrate lets say he qualifies 5th, and driving penalites take him to 8th, and engine penalites is 15 places = 23th.. he starts 20th. On the other hand if He had he change engine components first = 5th + 15 = 20th, then did qualifying then got the driving penalty = 20th + 3 = 23rd.. the 3 places after the 20 would carry over into the next race, because these driving penalties, must serve the punishing effect.
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 13 Sep 2021, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

etusch

dxpetrov wrote:
I also expect that he lost his engine if plenum broke and if it didn't broke I will be surprized veeery much.

Verstappen also should take penalty if they will change it eventually. If they both do it in same race then both start back of pack and if we can watch a race like 2005 suzuka it would be great

Gillian

Imagine both Verstappen and Hamilton starting at the back in Sochi and going of together in lap 1.

I still feel like Red Bull is going to wait as long as possible to put a new engine.

LaplacesDemon

etusch wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 20:29
dxpetrov wrote:
I also expect that he lost his engine if plenum broke and if it didn't broke I will be surprized veeery much.

Verstappen also should take penalty if they will change it eventually. If they both do it in same race then both start back of pack and if we can watch a race like 2005 suzuka it would be great
Plenums, hydraulics and looms in that area are one of the few remaining PU components that can be replaced without penalty provided they are of identical specification.

SiLo

Jambier wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 07:58
I'm not sure, personally I don't think it should, because they what's the point of giving penalties to people who are already at the back of the grid?
Felipe Baby!