2021 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 10 - 12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
basti313
basti313

Re: 2021 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 10 - 12

selvam_e2002 wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 08:36
Starkblood80 wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 07:57
DChemTech wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 07:38

The point is that you are implying that the contact is always Max' fault, by staying that 'whenever max and lewis come together it's because Max can't close race'. It isn't. And its not just you doing this, it's many - so my comment was more meant as a general statement.
I didn’t even mention Lewis in my first comment, Verstappen has always had an issue with close racing, not just this season.
Sorry to say that Max is not good in wheel to wheel race. He always believe that other driver should lift off.

give me a single example where Max lift off with his rivals?

With this attitude, who will take him once RB kick him out?

Now I am afraid that max will retire soon from F1 if RB find another hot young talent. You cannot stick to a team for entire career in F1.

Next Vettel is coming out from RB... This time with no title.
The same you can say with Lewis...strange argumentation. With both, Lewis and Max, everyone knows they have to back out or they crash and unfortunately...both only overtake like this as long as it is not a 100% DRS move even with backmarkers.

You can not use the one instance in 10 years in Imola where he was on a lost line as an argument "look Lewis always backs out"...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Michelangelo
Michelangelo

After some replays, Max is well along Lewis coming into the turn and he steers completely to the left after trying to avoid that sausage kerb. If he was having a lighter steering to the left with the intention of pushing Lewis to the outer side that would have been a clear Max fault. As he was trying to avoid the curb he sees that Lewis is still leaving no room he had to make a full left to at least make the turn and he bumps off to Lewis. The kerb played a significant role here, if it was a bit of a normal kerb, both can still stay at reasonable track limits and make the better traction battle all the way to Roggia. The way it happened as it is, I can't find a clear faulty and call it a racing incident. The penalty was more like, "let's not make this a bigger case and even the penalties".

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

basti313 wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 09:04
selvam_e2002 wrote:
Starkblood80 wrote:

I didn’t even mention Lewis in my first comment, Verstappen has always had an issue with close racing, not just this season.
Sorry to say that Max is not good in wheel to wheel race. He always believe that other driver should lift off.

Now I am afraid that max will retire soon from F1 if RB find another hot young talent. You cannot stick to a team for entire career in F1.

The same you can say with Lewis...strange argumentation. With both, Lewis and Max, everyone knows they have to back out or they crash and unfortunately...both only overtake like this as long as it is not a 100% DRS move even with backmarkers.

You can not use the one instance in 10 years in Imola where he was on a lost line as an argument "look Lewis always backs out"...
I assume you were asleep during the first lap?

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Mercedes could avoided Max incident:
1. Hamilton should kept the position 3 instead of try to overtake him and lost the place to Norris.
2. Mercedes should be more quick on Pit they lost 1 sec

RB did mistake in pit lane 11 second is too much for Max to cover. If they took 4 sec Max will be in front of Hamilton.

Roo
Roo

Michelangelo wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 09:42
After some replays, Max is well along Lewis coming into the turn and he steers completely to the left after trying to avoid that sausage kerb. If he was having a lighter steering to the left with the intention of pushing Lewis to the outer side that would have been a clear Max fault. As he was trying to avoid the curb he sees that Lewis is still leaving no room he had to make a full left to at least make the turn and he bumps off to Lewis. The kerb played a significant role here, if it was a bit of a normal kerb, both can still stay at reasonable track limits and make the better traction battle all the way to Roggia. The way it happened as it is, I can't find a clear faulty and call it a racing incident. The penalty was more like, "let's not make this a bigger case and even the penalties".
At the point where the cornering starts MV isn't sinificantly along side. MV chose to ignore and send one into a gap that didnt exist or should/would have known didnt exist.

f1jcw
f1jcw

selvam_e2002 wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 10:04
Mercedes could avoided Max incident:
1. Hamilton should kept the position 3 instead of try to overtake him and lost the place to Norris.
2. Mercedes should be more quick on Pit they lost 1 sec

RB did mistake in pit lane 11 second is too much for Max to cover. If they took 4 sec Max will be in front of Hamilton.
That is called victim blaming. You can not put the blame for someone elses illegal actions on someone else.

Starkblood80
Starkblood80

basti313 wrote:
selvam_e2002 wrote:
Starkblood80 wrote:

Are you serious? this season is littered with incidences of Lewis backing out, not just Imola but Barcelona, Silverstone, and lap one here at Monza. even when racing Alonso in Hungary Hamilton was backing out of moves in order to preserve his car. You have to ask yourself honestly if that was Verstappen and Alonso in Hungary would we have had the clean racing we ultimately saw?

basti313
basti313

Starkblood80 wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 10:10
basti313 wrote:
selvam_e2002 wrote:

Are you serious? this season is littered with incidences of Lewis backing out, not just Imola but Barcelona, Silverstone, and lap one here at Monza. even when racing Alonso in Hungary Hamilton was backing out of moves in order to preserve his car. You have to ask yourself honestly if that was Verstappen and Alonso in Hungary would we have had the clean racing we ultimately saw?
Yes, I am serious.
In Barcelona Lewis squeezed in from the outside as good as he could. No avoiding at all. This was hard racing a shard racing can be, very nice. This is a total nonsense argument.

Alonso knew he can play Ham as he had little to lose compared to Ham...this was not the usual thing.
Roo wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 10:06
Michelangelo wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 09:42
At the point where the cornering starts MV isn't sinificantly along side. MV chose to ignore and send one into a gap that didnt exist or should/would have known didnt exist.
Well...while I think it was close with the penalty, this point is in my point of view also nonsense.
Ham was very early on the brake. Which is not uncommon when you get out of the pits in Monza, first issue is not to outbreak yourself.
On the other hand Ver had already the feeling for the new tires and was actually very clean through T1. This was not a usual divebomb on the inside where the other driver needs to save the situation, but for T1 there was plenty of room and they saw each other.

I think one can argue that in T2 he needs to drive left or over the sausage if there is no gap....but T1 is no argument for me, that was the strongly different breaking points, not a divebomb.
Don`t russel the hamster!

straightline
straightline

Starkblood80 wrote:
basti313 wrote:
selvam_e2002 wrote:

+1

Hamilton is great at risk management and he backs out of quite a few maneuvers. I can not remember a single fight against a championship contender this year, where Max backed out. That's his mentality and it is, why people love his driving, but for me he is not fit to be world champion this way

Ryar

Similar situation to Max and Lewis happened on the first lap, between Leclerc and Giovinazzi. Gio was behind and Leclerc was ahead. See how that transpired, if done well. Both came out of Turn 2 without contact.

Hakuna Matata!

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

straightline wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 10:33
Starkblood80 wrote:
basti313 wrote:

+1

Hamilton is great at risk management and he backs out of quite a few maneuvers. I can not remember a single fight against a championship contender this year, where Max backed out. That's his mentality and it is, why people love his driving, but for me he is not fit to be world champion this way
Indeed. Max not for WDC with this attitude. He will feel for one day.....

Roo
Roo

selvam_e2002 wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 10:39
straightline wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 10:33
Starkblood80 wrote:

+1

Indeed. Max not for WDC with this attitude. He will feel for one day.....
It's great we have a tight championship, i'd like Max to reflect more what it takes rather than what he's doing before being a champion. If he's champion now it endorses him. That isn't good for the sport.

adrianjordan

Doesn't really matter. Now Ricciardo has found his groove again, it will be his WDC for the taking!!

No? Well, makes as much sense as some of the other circular arguments going on in this thread!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

mclaren111

Can't believe HAM got away with it again & gained by it... He clearly did not leave enough space for VER in turn 2...

Disgraceful decision... :x :x
Last edited by mclaren111 on 13 Sep 2021, 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

if merc dint lobby for pit stop rule to be changed those would have had proper pit stops and would never have meet on track its ironic merc machinations has led to these.toto should also took leadership and cool things after silverstone not by gloating and being overly defensive for lewis "Tactical foul" a win is a win that was his words.