Caption Competition

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
proteus

Re: Caption Competition

Manoah2u wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 04:34
Andres125sx wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 07:50
Manoah2u wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 18:30

not that i am any less disgusted by it - it's disgusting enough that the driver does it himself, but to have other drivers and team members do it is absolutely worse ( i don't even think i'd ever be allowed to kiss my wife again if i did such a thing ), a genuine question though: regarding the driver's socks being of the finest and most advanced material in the entire world, and being above all extremely fire-resistant - is it actually even possible, or likely, that the driver's sweat would even penetrate the socks? i would be inclined to think - perhaps completely wrong - that concidering that fire / heat should not penetrate through the driver's socks, wouldn't that then also mean that it's unlikely that sweat comes through?
No way, if sweat can´t pass throught the socks, then drivers feet would finisih the race sunked in sweat.

Sorry Manoah, but yes, sweat comes through socks and anyone doing a shoey is drinking Ricciardo feet sweat, period. Yes it is this disgusting :sick:
good point, then yes, it is disgusting yes. :?
Imagine they are eating cheese. Feet when sweating produces izovalerianic acid (dont know if it is correct english) aka butter acid which is part of cheese. So we could say, they all enjoyed a piece of Ricciardo ementaler 😁😁😁😁
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Andres125sx

Big Tea wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 20:41
Andres125sx wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 20:14
I was kidding Lewis!, did you really believe that´s for you? Ok my bad, with the clothes you usually wear I guess this didn´t look wrong for you
No one remember Culture club?
Yes! I still like his music.

But Lewis is not wearing that for that reason, he just feel the need to get attention

Andres125sx

proteus wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 07:17
Manoah2u wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 04:34
Andres125sx wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 07:50

No way, if sweat can´t pass throught the socks, then drivers feet would finisih the race sunked in sweat.

Sorry Manoah, but yes, sweat comes through socks and anyone doing a shoey is drinking Ricciardo feet sweat, period. Yes it is this disgusting :sick:
good point, then yes, it is disgusting yes. :?
Imagine they are eating cheese. Feet when sweating produces izovalerianic acid (dont know if it is correct english) aka butter acid which is part of cheese. So we could say, they all enjoyed a piece of Ricciardo ementaler 😁😁😁😁
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I´ll remember this next time :mrgreen:

Just_a_fan

Zynerji wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 05:23
Wouter wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 11:10
adrianjordan wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 17:40
Especially as all people seem to be doing is posting Memes that are readily available on Instagram anyway.
Almost makes me wonder if they aren't just trying to promote those Insta accounts.... 🤔
Well, this Sir isn't promoting his Insta account. Who knows a good caption for this picture?
What are they looking at and what are they thinking?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_NxeOxVQAU ... name=small
Modern day gladiators now wear dresses.

WTF is this world coming to..🙄
Gladiators? Ha! They're extremely well paid sportsmen, that's it.

And it's worth noting that gladiators were mostly slaves bought and sold for such. They were the bottom of the heap even if the best were feted and shown in carvings/paintings. I'm not sure our BLM-promoting driver friend would appreciate being compared to a slave bought merely for entertainment. A certain irony, eh? :wink:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan

Andres125sx wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 07:54
Big Tea wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 20:41
Andres125sx wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 20:14

I was kidding Lewis!, did you really believe that´s for you? Ok my bad, with the clothes you usually wear I guess this didn´t look wrong for you
No one remember Culture club?
Yes! I still like his music.

But Lewis is not wearing that for that reason, he just feel the need to get attention
All fashion is about the need for attention. It's all "look at me".

Let's not forget that the Met Gala ball is all about extravagant dressing up - look at the outfits over the years and many are total ridiculous. I think it's stupid and egotistical nonsense, but then I'm probably not in the target audience. :lol:

Zynerji

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 10:01
Zynerji wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 05:23
Wouter wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 11:10

Well, this Sir isn't promoting his Insta account. Who knows a good caption for this picture?
What are they looking at and what are they thinking?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_NxeOxVQAU ... name=small
Modern day gladiators now wear dresses.

WTF is this world coming to..🙄
Gladiators? Ha! They're extremely well paid sportsmen, that's it.

And it's worth noting that gladiators were mostly slaves bought and sold for such. They were the bottom of the heap even if the best were feted and shown in carvings/paintings. I'm not sure our BLM-promoting driver friend would appreciate being compared to a slave bought merely for entertainment. A certain irony, eh? :wink:
Maybe. I just prefer the dirty, unkempt, cigarette-smoking, beer drinking, daredevil risk-takers of the by-gone era.

Just_a_fan

Zynerji wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 14:01

Maybe. I just prefer the dirty, unkempt, cigarette-smoking, beer drinking, daredevil risk-takers of the by-gone era.
Most of them are dead... :lol:

flmkane

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 14:25
Zynerji wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 14:01

Most of them are dead... :lol:
Idk man, that sounds like Kimi

Manoah2u

Actually, gladiators use to wear skirts, so that would not be too unfitting.......
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

El Scorchio

Ah it was for the Met gala. That explains it. Actually what he ended up wearing was much less out there. Turns out he paid $60,000 to give some young black designers the opportunity to attend. Nice gesture.

Big Tea

As an increase in rainfall is predicted FIA have announced the new wet set up from 2022
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Just_a_fan

El Scorchio wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 02:18
Ah it was for the Met gala. That explains it. Actually what he ended up wearing was much less out there. Turns out he paid $60,000 to give some young black designers the opportunity to attend. Nice gesture.
Doing his bit to help others again, eh? How embarrassing. He should be playing a computer game somewhere, surely. :wink:

monkeyboy1976

adrianjordan wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 03:07
monkeyboy1976 wrote:
02 Feb 2006, 14:50
"Jarno did a WHAT?!?"

http://images.f1racing.net/large/55620.jpg

:D
What DID Jarno do???

I can't be the only person who wonders that every time I come into this thread lol
Alas, the original image is lost in the sands of time. It was something like the below!

adrianjordan

monkeyboy1976 wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 11:43
adrianjordan wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 03:07
monkeyboy1976 wrote:
02 Feb 2006, 14:50
"Jarno did a WHAT?!?"

http://images.f1racing.net/large/55620.jpg

:D
What DID Jarno do???

I can't be the only person who wonders that every time I come into this thread lol
Alas, the original image is lost in the sands of time. It was something like the below!

https://www.carlosghys.be/photographs/a ... 00x726.jpg
Thank you!!! 😝
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Zynerji

Just_a_fan wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 21:29
El Scorchio wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 02:18
Doing his bit to help others again, eh? How embarrassing. He should be playing a computer game somewhere, surely. :wink:
Should have helped that designer pay his back-taxes before getting him a $35000 plate of food. :roll: