2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MV8
MV8

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

JPower wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 20:29
According to Sainz, Ferrari didn't attempt a quali run during FP2. Seems like they've got a little left in the tank there.

He's worried about graining on the softs, Charles says he didn't experience any on the harder compounds. I hope they are better prepared for a wet quali than they were at Spa.
Wet quali? this is 2021 guy, rain and racing is not compatible :lol: :lol:

jokes aside, I think hard tyre is the best for the Ferrari, and probably the best performance in all aspects.
Just posting

trinidefender

What happened to Leclerc?

ScrewCaptain27

trinidefender wrote:
25 Sep 2021, 15:07
What happened to Leclerc?
He didn’t run in Q2 as he is starting from the back anyway
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

onewingedangel

Which was the right call considering he may have otherwise knocked Carlos out if Q3 and would have had Ferraris in P11 and P19 rather than P2 and P19.

JPower

Can’t ask for any more than that. Hopefully Carlos gets a tow down the straight. The start is going to be hellish.

f1316

Yeah, 2nd can be tough there - in a way I wouldn’t be surprised if Russel leads into T2.

If Carlos can get the lead though, I think he’s faster than the other cars around him (barring the Mercedes). I think a podium could potentially be possible depending on how bogged down Bottas and even Max get.

JPower

Even in a conservative state of tune, Duchessa is saying the new hybrid system is worth 0.25s. That should close whatever gap is left in pace vs McLaren outside of Monza IMO and allow them to run the big rear wing the car does best with.

Charles should be very quick at Turkey.

Speed difference between the SF21 and FW43B/MCL35M on the back straight. #-o

Andres125sx

Damn Norris/Merc PU!

Sainz will have to wait for his very first pole, but he did an awesome job anycase. Hopefully he will have a good start and not pay the price from the dirty side of the track and no slipstream from first row, but looks unlikely

ferrarifire

Should have changed Lecrec tire to intermediate...missed opportunity to close the points gap to Mclaren

JPower

ferrarifire wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 16:05
Should have changed Lecrec tire to intermediate...missed opportunity to close the points gap to Mclaren
Win some you lose some.

I think they can take away a podium and the fact that Charles was as quick as Max at many points. It will be exciting to see how the cars perform at the end of the year with the new PU.

codetower

Tough slide down the order for Leclerc. I heard the team radio during the rain chaos and they were on the fence about switching to inters. Lec wanted to stay on slicks, team was thinking of going inters. I think they figured he could hold 4th/5th for 2.5 more laps. It was a gamble that didnt pay off.

On the bright side, i liked what I saw with the upgrades. Was nice to see Leclerc overtaking some of the cars we’re usually easy prey for. Nice overtakes on both Astons, one of the alpines, a mclaren… and keeping others behind. I think this upgrade gives us a more balanced power unit throughout. Looking forward to the next few races.

Andres125sx

Great podium for Carlos!

Does anyone know what happened before he switched to inters? He lost 3 positions in no time, a spin or he just went conservative?

Great race, I guess Charles, as Norris, did a risky bet for the rain to stop and it didn´t pay off. Well, they were in a position to do that bet, contrary to Lewis who almost lose the race when it was obvious he should have pitted earlier (free stop)

ferrarifire

Lap 48 Vs 53 comparison

f1316

Yeah I think, as has been said, the big positive is how good Charles’ car looked in the dry with the upgrades. That bodes really well for the rest of the year, and don’t forget Charles was looking very strong in all the practice sessions in Turkey last year, with a dog of a car, before the rain came. I have high hopes for that race.

I wonder if the graining Carlos had - before which his pace was good - is a result of the setup compromises they’ve been forced to make having been so done on power? It would be a double whammy if they could also address this weak point via running the car with more optimum downforce levels.

JPower

f1316 wrote:
27 Sep 2021, 12:37
Yeah I think, as has been said, the big positive is how good Charles’ car looked in the dry with the upgrades. That bodes really well for the rest of the year, and don’t forget Charles was looking very strong in all the practice sessions in Turkey last year, with a dog of a car, before the rain came. I have high hopes for that race.

I wonder if the graining Carlos had - before which his pace was good - is a result of the setup compromises they’ve been forced to make having been so done on power? It would be a double whammy if they could also address this weak point via running the car with more optimum downforce levels.
Looking at parts of the race again, I think Carlos nuked his tires trying to stay ahead of Lando. He looked fine on the hard tires although I don't know how long he could've held off Perez and Alonso if it hadn't rained.

He's had tire management issues since his crash in Hungary and I'm surprised he hasn't received a new chassis since given the crashes he's had.

But yes, more power would've helped that issue by letting Carlos keep pace without having to lean on his tires as hard.

The new PU showed some impressive gains to say they were running conservatively.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... &context=3