2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

codetower wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 03:47
Zynerji wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 02:26
I'm a fan of Sainz. I think he will run Charles out of Ferrari. Not by the team, but breaking LeClerc mentally. He is too self flagellating to truly be a top driver.
Haha. it's called being humble, and owning up to your mistakes. It's something that very few people have these days. It's much easier to lash out and blame everything and everyone around you.
I develop people for a living. I fire these types of people immediately when I take over a business. It effects everything in a highly negative matter. Best to take a 95% person with the right attitude, as their ceiling is much higher.

Andres125sx

JPower wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 01:35

He hasn't been in a place to reach those highs. If Ferrari grabs P3, Carlos's team will have won top of the midfield for the 4th consecutive year. That's where he's made his name.
Didn´t notice this, interesting stat indeed :)

JPower

Andres125sx wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 09:02
JPower wrote:

He hasn't been in a place to reach those highs. If Ferrari grabs P3, Carlos's team will have won top of the midfield for the 4th consecutive year. That's where he's made his name.
Another interesting note: the current head of the Ferrari Driver Academy was Carlos’s race engineer for 3 years at ToroRosso.

codetower

JPower wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 15:33
Andres125sx wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 09:02
JPower wrote:

Another interesting note: the current head of the Ferrari Driver Academy was Carlos’s race engineer for 3 years at ToroRosso.
I think Ferrari definitely did their homework when selecting Sainz.

And JPower, you made some interesting points earlier as well. To be honest, there were a couple of years that I didn't follow F1 as closely as I had in the past (life...family... other responsibilities, etc) so I didn't follow Carlos too closely. But yes, those performances (MCL34, MCL35 and the RS18) could fall outside the expectation zone. For now, I'll reserve my views till the end of the season. I DO want him to succeed, and be an elite driver. All I am saying is that I am not 100% convinced that he is just yet, but I could be wrong. And I definitely agree with you that I think he could have matched Lando this year... even outraced him in that car. He already did it in 2020.

As much as people brushed off Binotto's comment when he said that Ferrari have the best driver duo on the grid, I think he was spot on. I'm a Ferrari fan, and I am as excited as I've been in a long time about our team and our future.

JPower

Decent quali session. Sainz just got Leclerc in that Q3. Still got pipped by Gasly but I think this is the strongest that car will be for the remainder of the year.

Regardless, the cars are still quicker than McLaren at least over one lap. Will be interesting to see if that remains the same during the sprint. I don't see why it would change at this point...

Mr.S

I don't think Ferrari do a good enough job with Leclerc. He has issues - Monaco Gearbox & other issues. Terrible luck & I don't think the team has his back the way RB has with Max (Not talking about No.1 status but support is also lukewarm).

I mean look @ Leclerc's 1st lap in Q3 - Horrible release (Traffic wrecked his lap) while Sainz got a clean lap. The comment of Sainz on Leclerc swap was not welcome (initial comment which he backtracked kind off). Ferrari have a superstar with Charles but they always want to move to the next shiny toy (They got bored of MSC, Alonso, Vettel to some degree) !

Emag

Leclerc was out on used tires for his first run. It was just a banker lap, it was never going to be fast enough to beat anyone.

JPower

Mr.S wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 14:48
I don't think Ferrari do a good enough job with Leclerc. He has issues - Monaco Gearbox & other issues. Terrible luck & I don't think the team has his back the way RB has with Max (Not talking about No.1 status but support is also lukewarm).
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn’t expect a stand up routine this morning but this is Dave Chappelle level stuff.

JPower

Long runs in FP2 looked solid. Few tenths quicker than McLaren on equivalent programs. Who knows what power setting they were at though.

No numbers on Gasly. Apparently had trouble with balance all practice. Might be an opportunity for the Sprint.

LM10

What a nice job from Sainz. Showed better pace than Leclerc on Mediums.

I’m not sure if Leclerc is not so happy with the car at the moment or Sainz simply does a better job.

Anyway, let’s hope for the best tomorrow.

Mr.S

Zynerji wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 04:53
codetower wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 03:47
Zynerji wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 02:26
I'm a fan of Sainz. I think he will run Charles out of Ferrari. Not by the team, but breaking LeClerc mentally. He is too self flagellating to truly be a top driver.
Haha. it's called being humble, and owning up to your mistakes. It's something that very few people have these days. It's much easier to lash out and blame everything and everyone around you.
I develop people for a living. I fire these types of people immediately when I take over a business. It effects everything in a highly negative matter. Best to take a 95% person with the right attitude, as their ceiling is much higher.
The result is mediocrity & it is mostly about talent of the person managing - The person making the decision is taking bad calls to hide his lack of skill. Mediocre people generally take decisions this way.I have worked with many "difficult" people & they have been completely amazing to manage & have given me a far better reward that a 95% person. Most times people take these calls to hide their inefficiencies.

The 5 fingers of a hand are different & they are managed different way - You communicate in a different way - What motivates or guides Individual A is different to Individual B.

Ofcourse with everything there is a ceiling - A ceiling for breaking discipline, a ceiling for tantrums even - The best almost always are more difficult to handle than mediocrity & their managers always know how to get the best out of them !

Mr.S

JPower wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 18:42
Mr.S wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I didn’t expect a stand up routine this morning but this is Dave Chappelle level stuff.
"Alice in Wonderful" sort of non-sensical assessment - Anyways to each his own !

JPower

Mr.S wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 22:22
JPower wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 18:42
Mr.S wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Alice in Wonderful" sort of non-sensical assessment - Anyways to each his own !
It's "Alice in Wonderland".

Second, Charles is the Ferrari golden child and has been since he signed with FDA. Anyone claiming otherwise is fooling themselves.

JPower

Anyway, good result for the sprint race.

Sainz did a great job fending off Perez. Charles struggled with the fronts on the medium which isn't a great sign but P6 isn't a bad place to be.

If its warmer tomorrow, I think he'll be able to get past Lando.

I expect Lewis to find his way back into podium position given his insane pace today, so if Ferrari can claim two in the top 6, that'll be an excellent result especially if Ricciardo is still struggling.

Gillian

Absolutely a great drive by Sainz again.