2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

Mr.S wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 22:20
Zynerji wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 04:53
codetower wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 03:47

Haha. it's called being humble, and owning up to your mistakes. It's something that very few people have these days. It's much easier to lash out and blame everything and everyone around you.
I develop people for a living. I fire these types of people immediately when I take over a business. It effects everything in a highly negative matter. Best to take a 95% person with the right attitude, as their ceiling is much higher.
The result is mediocrity & it is mostly about talent of the person managing - The person making the decision is taking bad calls to hide his lack of skill. Mediocre people generally take decisions this way.I have worked with many "difficult" people & they have been completely amazing to manage & have given me a far better reward that a 95% person. Most times people take these calls to hide their inefficiencies.

The 5 fingers of a hand are different & they are managed different way - You communicate in a different way - What motivates or guides Individual A is different to Individual B.

Ofcourse with everything there is a ceiling - A ceiling for breaking discipline, a ceiling for tantrums even - The best almost always are more difficult to handle than mediocrity & their managers always know how to get the best out of them !
In isolation, I agree, but from a 30000 foot view, the knock on effects are detrimental overall to the output of a team.

A shark does not fit in a piranha tank, no matter how sharp their teeth are.

jumpingfish

Looking at that sprint "race", Ferrari must significantly improve their engine.. otherwise until 2026 it will be 0 titles again. I don't know what the margin is now (10-15h.p.) but I'm 100% sure that Mercedes will bring their improved monster to 01.01.2022 or when that freezing moment starts. I'm afraid that Red will be again slow as turtles, need to gain +30h.p. to 2022 :(

LM10

jumpingfish wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 10:28
Looking at that sprint "race", Ferrari must significantly improve their engine.. otherwise until 2026 it will be 0 titles again. I don't know what the margin is now (10-15h.p.) but I'm 100% sure that Mercedes will bring their improved monster to 01.01.2022 or when that freezing moment starts. I'm afraid that Red will be again slow as turtles, need to gain +30h.p. to 2022 :(
Mercedes have already brought their upgraded ICE to Brazil now. There is not so much room left for them to improve their current PU concept. And as far as I know they’re not working on a new design.
Ferrari will bring a completely new concept. They’re taking risks to a certain extent, but are confident that it will give them a good performance jump.

Also, we’re talking about one of the biggest - if not the biggest - aero reg changes in history of F1. Getting the aero right will be crucial and more important.

Mansell89

Hot temps today better for Ferrari tyre performance?

Went strongly at Silverstone IIRC?

jumpingfish

LM10 wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 12:19
jumpingfish wrote:
Mercedes have already brought their upgraded ICE to Brazil now. There is not so much room left for them to improve their current PU concept. And as far as I know they’re not working on a new design.
Ferrari will bring a completely new concept. They’re taking risks to a certain extent, but are confident that it will give them a good performance jump.

Also, we’re talking about one of the biggest - if not the biggest - aero reg changes in history of F1. Getting the aero right will be crucial and more important.
I would not believe a single word from the Mercedes camp, they can say whatever they want, but I am sure that in the depths of their factories, work is in full swing to find additional 15-20 hp. compared to the current unit. The regulations on aerodynamics are very strict, so let Ferrari not flatter themselves and must find additional tenths from each area - tyres, aero, engine, pit stops, sim, cfd, strategy, squeeze out every last drop. Moreover, they need a strong man in the paddock, like Marko or the cunning fox Wolff, who can open doors with his foot, bang his fists on the table, defending the political interests of Scuderia. Binotto is too soft for this, leave him the technical side, Mekies is also some kind of nerd, they need a choleric fighter.

LM10

jumpingfish wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 12:49
LM10 wrote:
jumpingfish wrote:

I would not believe a single word from the Mercedes camp, they can say whatever they want, but I am sure that in the depths of their factories, work is in full swing to find additional 15-20 hp. compared to the current unit. The regulations on aerodynamics are very strict, so let Ferrari not flatter themselves and must find additional tenths from each area - tyres, aero, engine, pit stops, sim, cad, strategy, squeeze out every last drop. Moreover, they need a strong man in the paddock, like Marko or the cunning fox Wolff, who can open doors with his foot, bang his fists on the table, defending the political interests of Scuderia. Binotto is too soft for this, leave him the technical side, Mekies is also some kind of nerd, they need a choleric fighter.
That’s not what Mercedes told.

The performance jump Mercedes did from last to this year was their biggest in the hybrid era apparently. Yet, the power difference to Ferrari is not even close to as big as it was last year. Mercedes even has a bulge in their bodywork, indication of what lengths they’re going to squeeze out every bit of power. Also the fact they’ve needed to bring so many ICEs this season should show you that they’re on the edge.

Ferrari has shown a significantly improved performance in every single aspect this season. I’m loving their work ethic.

And I’m absolutely sure of Binotto being the right person in charge to go for the title next season.

jumpingfish

LM10 wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 13:01
jumpingfish wrote:
LM10 wrote:

I would not believe a single word from the Mercedes camp, they can say whatever they want, but I am sure that in the depths of their factories, work is in full swing to find additional 15-20 hp. compared to the current unit. The regulations on aerodynamics are very strict, so let Ferrari not flatter themselves and must find additional tenths from each area - tyres, aero, engine, pit stops, sim, cad, strategy, squeeze out every last drop. Moreover, they need a strong man in the paddock, like Marko or the cunning fox Wolff, who can open doors with his foot, bang his fists on the table, defending the political interests of Scuderia. Binotto is too soft for this, leave him the technical side, Mekies is also some kind of nerd, they need a choleric fighter.

The performance jump Mercedes did from last to this year was their biggest in the hybrid era apparently. Yet, the power difference to Ferrari is not even close to as big as it was last year. Mercedes even has a bulge in their bodywork, indication of what lengths they’re going to squeeze out every bit of power. Also the fact they’ve needed to bring so many ICEs this season should show you that they’re on the edge.

Ferrari has shown a significantly improved performance in every single aspect this season. I’m loving their work ethic.

And I’m absolutely sure of Binotto being the right person in charge to go for the title next season.
That's good but for title fight they need even more. Also, powerful engine is not only for Ferrari cars to run faster on straight lines, it is a political weapon that allows you to get more allies on the grid. McLaren went from Honda to Renault to stay on a Mercedes engine, Aston Martin with a similar unit, Williams as a kind of training ground for their junior rider. If the mediocre results in terms of power continue, then Sauber will decide to switch to something more worthwhile, their alliance with Alfa Romeo is already shaky and can end at any time (Ferrari can no longer influence the choice of drivers for this team, and already the Wolff ward will take this place). There remains only poor Haas, who wallows at the bottom of the tournament grid, but at least a plant in Maranello has been built there to move his employees to the Haas department due to the cost limit.
Renault is generally alone there, no team intends to buy their engines, Ferrari is facing the same if the results do not improve dramatically.

LM10

jumpingfish wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 13:43
LM10 wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 13:01
jumpingfish wrote:

That's good but for title fight they need even more. Also, powerful engine is not only for Ferrari cars to run faster on straight lines, it is a political weapon that allows you to get more allies on the grid. McLaren went from Honda to Renault to stay on a Mercedes engine, Aston Martin with a similar unit, Williams as a kind of training ground for their junior rider. If the mediocre results in terms of power continue, then Sauber will decide to switch to something more worthwhile, their alliance with Alfa Romeo is already shaky and can end at any time (Ferrari can no longer influence the choice of drivers for this team, and already the Wolff ward will take this place). There remains only poor Haas, who wallows at the bottom of the tournament grid, but at least a plant in Maranello has been built there to move his employees to the Haas department due to the cost limit.
Renault is generally alone there, no team intends to buy their engines, Ferrari is facing the same if the results do not improve dramatically.
There is an obvious reason Ferrari lost power and you know that too. Up until then Ferrari was the second most powerful PU (in 2018 even the most powerful) after Mercedes who basically have dominated the hybrid era.

Don’t worry, I don’t see a chance Alfa Romeo or Haas changing to another engine supplier because on top of every other argument there simply is no other option at the moment. There is no argument to move to Renault performance wise, Honda leaves and Mercedes already have 3 teams. Wolff already told that they’re on the limit with 3 teams now when asked, if there could be others getting Mercedes engines. I know you can’t always believe in what he says, but I don’t see a reason why he should lie in this case.

jumpingfish

LM10 wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 14:01

There is an obvious reason Ferrari lost power and you know that too. Up until then Ferrari was the second most powerful PU (in 2018 even the most powerful) after Mercedes who basically have dominated the hybrid era.

Don’t worry, I don’t see a chance Alfa Romeo or Haas changing to another engine supplier because on top of every other argument there simply is no other option at the moment. There is no argument to move to Renault performance wise, Honda leaves and Mercedes already have 3 teams. Wolff already told that they’re on the limit with 3 teams now when asked, if there could be others getting Mercedes engines. I know you can’t always believe in what he says, but I don’t see a reason why he should lie in this case.
I know that and that's why I'm angry now, Binotto should defend in 2019-start 2020 his engine by any chance, brushing aside any suspicions about shadow area. Remember how in 2018 there were more sensors on a Ferrari battery than fleas on a stray dog.
I'm talking about potential customer loss, focusing on changes in 2026, if the mediocre engine is frozen, by the end of the four-year period, customers may lean towards other options like Porsche / VAG if they come.

Andres125sx

Please guys, stop praising Sainz for the unexpected podium, it´s tiring reading so many posts about the matter :mrgreen:

If Lecrerc do that start and earns a podium from p5 holdind a RBR behind it would be considered sensational for many :P

BTW, sprint race podiums are considered podiums? 4-1 for Sainz now or 3-1 yet?

LM10

jumpingfish wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 14:25
LM10 wrote:

I know that and that's why I'm angry now, Binotto should defend in 2019-start 2020 his engine by any chance, brushing aside any suspicions about shadow area. Remember how in 2018 there were more sensors on a Ferrari battery than fleas on a stray dog.
I'm talking about potential customer loss, focusing on changes in 2026, if the mediocre engine is frozen, by the end of the four-year period, customers may lean towards other options like Porsche / VAG if they come.
Ferrari will not have a mediocre PU come 2022.

JPower

jumpingfish wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 14:25
LM10 wrote:

Calm down. They'll be fine.

JPower

Track temps are at 55C. Should be good news for Ferrari. I expect both drivers to have plenty of pace on the harder compounds today. Hopefully both cars can finish ahead of the McLarens.

JPower

Great drive!

That's exactly what Ferrari needed in this fight. Pace, pit stops, strategy, all there. Might be Ferrari's best weekend yet.

Ced
Ced

Ferrari has humiliated all the midfield lol