More Moderators Please

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
west52keep64

Re: More Moderators Please

Wouter wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 00:27
Could you give me an example where I can see that a moderator is openly biased?
A link to a post from a moderator or maybe something else.
I don't see it. Thanks.
Starkblood80 wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 00:39
Wouter wrote:
Starkblood80 wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 00:11
I think some less openly biased moderators would be a good start
I don't see it. Thanks.
This was a post from Hollus earlier this evening in the RB team thread
“ Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Is there a Mercedes thread somewhere?

I mean, comparing to Reb Bull is totally OK.”
The same mod also trolled Mercedes fans in the AD race thread.
:-#

Big Tea

Starkblood80 wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Starkblood80 wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 00:11
I think some less openly biased moderators would be a good start
I don't see it. Thanks.
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I think I was one of the instigators of this. It was the Red Bull thread and we had just filled a page on speculation of the Mercedes. I got the message but as that post appears at a page split I can see how it would look bad but it was earned.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Slo Poke

I have to ask!
Are my posts/comments being deleted before even being aired/displayed. If so, would someone mind much at all letting me know Please?

Slo Poke

My previous post and it seems this post don’t appear to have simply just disappeared!

Slo Poke

If Steven, or anyone else would like me to just move away in jerky movements, it’s fine by me.

Starkblood80

Big Tea wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 03:45
Starkblood80 wrote:
Wouter wrote:

I don't see it. Thanks.
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I think I was one of the instigators of this. It was the Red Bull thread and we had just filled a page on speculation of the Mercedes. I got the message but as that post appears at a page split I can see how it would look bad but it was earned.
The point still stands, admin are supposed to be impartial.

Stu

Starkblood80 wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 09:36
Big Tea wrote:
Starkblood80 wrote:

Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I read his comment as “keep this on topic” as even though there had been a lengthy discussion about the Mercedes car, the whole premise of that debate was car-centric, rather than team-centric.
It wasn’t a chant, it was a reminder “THIS IS THE TEAM TOPIC”.
Totally impartial.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

CMSMJ1

Starkblood80 wrote:
19 Dec 2021, 09:36
Big Tea wrote:
Starkblood80 wrote:

Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team
Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Do you not think that the mdoerator team can also be active participators in threads and have their own opinions?
Why not?

I would want my team to have opinions, but their opinions on F1 teams, or driver (the core areas where the hard of thinking get triggered) should be no issue in the management of the 'rules' of posting.

The rules are simple right? Keep threads on topic, don;t post ad hominen attacks and keep it somewhere close to technical?

If moderators are not able to apply the rules and guide topics then that needs calling out. They should have a reason to be here and engaged for other reasons than to moderate - do you not agree?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

SiLo

Hollus is pretty fair IMO.
Felipe Baby!

Slo Poke

I’ll Second that Silo! In fact I’ll add, that Hollus is Ideally suited to his chosen role...

AeroDynamic

Pretty trigger happy with warning threats and bans around here.

Giving people a warning for instigating the rule breaking by personally attacking others is fair. But for the person that it was directed at, who quipped back? I’m not gonna shake their hand and be polite and ask them to be nice to me.

This forum’s policing has been a little pedantic and over regulated. Using the rules like they were technical regs. I’m out by a few mm’s when I quip back at an instigator but I don’t abuse people.

I get banned for the most minor comments over 3 months but a guy who came in the thread and went to town on me in a personal way, won’t get banned because he was warned once. Makes no sense. The size of the infringement should count.. and if we’re gonna act like this is F1 and you want to be FIA about it, then why not bring in 12 warnings / penalty points that expires for the most minor things?

What I did in the w12 thread for example was equivalent to ham’s rear wing being out of spec by 2mm but what the other guy did to me was like Ham getting break checked in Saudi Arabia. The guy got a meaningless warning even though he perpetrated a thread over something from other threads that were never directed at him (or anyone for that matter) but took it upon himself to start a personal squabble with another member.

It’s ironic in some ways that people like letting em race outside the lines but not liking it when theyre in discussion outside the lines

turbof1

AeroDynamic wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 19:19

I get banned for the most minor comments over 3 months
You received 3 warnings (in less than 2 months). When this happens, you will receive a ban according to forum policy:
When a user acquires 3 warnings, he/she may be temporarily put onto the modqueue until a temporary ban is instated. The length of such a ban is determined by the moderators and varies from 7 days to several months.
https://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewt ... f=1&t=5009

If you want I can dig up the very comments you made that got you 3 warnings, and post them here, given you feel the need to tell everybody here they were "minor" :wink: .

We don't ban people after 1 warning. The policy is consistent on that. Either a comment is that far gone to go straight to a ban, or it is serious enough to act on it without immediately limiting someone's right to post, hence a warning. The idea here is to correct unwanted behaviour without too much drama. Most people infact get it after a first slap on the wrists. That is fair and consistent. Everrybody can have an off day and be agitated, we try to be reasonable, point out what they said was not ok and it should not happen again, afterwards to move forward. Some people persist in the bad attitude and after 3 warnings they get a ban.

Oh, and if this was not clear: we don't care about any affiliation to Verstappen, Hamilton, Biden, Putin, Space-X or Blue Origin. We are moderators, transcended beings, floating above petty connections like that :P . We only care about 2 things: everybody getting along, and chocolates. And hamburgers. Anyone touching my hamburger gets a ban.
#AeroFrodo

AeroDynamic

It was actually over 2 months, but besides the point regarding what my actual post was about. I’m providing a critical point of view about what constitutes board warnings, and how 3 is a forum ban, in my case, for a month.

If you would like to repost my warnings publicly, on the condition that you mean to also repost the comments / posts they were responding to, then be my guest. I’ll happily recite two of them for you.

The first warning wasn’t even something I said at another member, it was actually a quote from one of your members personally attacking me in my feedback, that I had featured in my signature. So he didn’t get a warning because he broke the forum rules in the massive grey area that is the feedback section. So,yeah, I got a warning for what another guy said personally to me, about me. Great. I got a warning for being shot at by somebody personally, and making it public in my signature; hoping a mod would remove it from my feedback and address the individual. Instead it was only appropriate to remove my signature and penalise me and make the perpetrator a victim.

The other warning We can share in full of the incident, is here:

I got a warning for telling another member to get lost when he interfered in a genuine discussion about the race pace disparity between the front runners in Qatar. I tried to have a discussion for that topic with another member and he came in there with an agenda to kick things off.

So 2 warnings that really in my opinion, don’t deserve to amount to a ban at all. Hence, handing out ‘warnings’ a lil easily. The instigating parties should get a warning if any, and the other party could have their post removed.. that would be proportionate. P.s. I still think that individual should stick to what he’s appreciated for instead of baiting people and attacking them personally.

The stuff you said about moderators.. yeah I don’t think everyone is going to buy that my guy. Moderators are people. People are biased and have individual feelings that drive their judgement and perceptions. This is why they have Jury to find verdicts in cases. We can’t even say mod staff get paid to be impartial can we? If a mod don’t like you, he will be motivated to get you on something, and less so on others. That’s a reality.

The forums members already pressure staff to be less biased to one team or driver as it is, and many find it inconsistent which posts get removed. People,know what’s up.

So anyway, only way you are gonna leave me alone is if I run to the mods instead of quipping back at those that can’t follow the rules when Engaging with me here?

turbof1

So anyway, only way you are gonna leave me alone is if I run to the mods instead of quipping back at those that can’t follow the rules when Engaging with me here?
Actually, in a nutshell: yes absolutely. And this should definitely apply to you, since all 3 warnings were about getting into personal fights. Use the report button, don't try to handle things yourself and have some faith in the people who actually have authority to handle things. Even if you did not instigate it, you participated in it and made it worse. This should have been obvious to you after this first warning, but hey some people are hell bent on tripping over the same stone over and over again...

Since you are trying to put a one sided picture here, I guess it cannot be helped:

-First Warning, october the 4th:
You were given warning mainly for this:
So anyone that shares the view that it’s a racing incident are biased to Lewis? That’s what you think. That’s a fallacy. You’re calling a lot of people biased. That’s a lot of biased F1 personnel and Formula 1 drivers :)

Bit rich coming from someone who is clearly Red Bull / 33 biased. “Fortunate mistake by Lewis” Sums up your opinion on the incident right? :wink:

It’s clear for regular followers to see that the FIA have narrowed the window down on what racing incidents they do, or do not penalise. If that’s not a racing incident, then they should’ve given him a proportionate penalty. A few seconds is nothing, a slap on the wrist. So are the FIA biased? Do you think they are the maFIA ? :lol:
The quote you put in your signature of course made matters worse:
You are new here and very sarcastic and annoying from the start! Stop that for once
You were asked to not go personal and not go for escalation. You are now trying to portrait that as a call for help. I am sorry, but if you are trying to lie your way out of this please put in a bit more effort in, could you?

-Second warning, November the 23th:
Got personal problems? Stick to telemetry :lol:
With us commenting: Personal attack. The smilies do add aggravation in such situation, BTW.

-Third warning, december the 4th (will you look at that, it is actually 2 months. Not less, not more)
Conspiracy? :lol: Verstappen's manoeuvres are a known quantity. Its an easy thing to see coming. Do you really think Brazil t4 would've been anything other than a straight crash into Hamilton if he didn't avoid and pre empt the manoeuvre? if he followed the line as it was his, he would've been bonked off and sent over into Bolivia. I get why some people won't like the truth but it is what it is. Ain't nobody gonna hold others hands because they feel uncomfortable. they SHOULD feel uncomfortable. trying come back with some hocus-pocus to protect the said driver's image is ... shame on them people lol
With our feedback: As you know, personal attacks are not allowed in the forum. Please stop the bitchslapping, personal jabs, exaggerations, you more, etc.

I am not going to give this any further thought. I took this opportunity to highlight this "why poor me? I did nothing wrong." -attitude, because frankly there is quite a few people who think they are always on boyscout behaviour. Thank you for providing that opportunity.
#AeroFrodo