2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ScottR267

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

El Scorchio

They’d be beyond dumb to share a picture of the actual car at this point. Either that or just so supremely confident they are going to absolutely smash everyone else.

Big Tea

El Scorchio wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 23:15
They’d be beyond dumb to share a picture of the actual car at this point. Either that or just so supremely confident they are going to absolutely smash everyone else.
They must have some sort of mock-up to enable bartering with sponsors for placement. It would not have all the bells and whistles of an 'actual' car though
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

AeroDynamic wrote:
01 Jan 2022, 19:22
It won’t be the real car but it is cool to see them share something unique rather than the mock car from F1, that would be cheap of them to tease that way.

Brightened details

https://i.imgur.com/EvT8AMb.jpg
Looks like a Proboscis monkey. Definitely wont be winning anything looking like that!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

NL_Fer

Bose being replaced with a military grade headset for Toto?

pursue_one's

Mercedes' sponsorship portfolio could look somewhat different in 2022, as one of their long-term deals has come to an end.

Epson, a Japanese electronics and printer company, will not continue their sponsorship of Mercedes into 2022, calling time on their deal after seven seasons together.

Bose, another long-term partner, are yet to be confirmed as a sponsor and no longer appear on the Mercedes list of partners on their website.

However, RacingNews365.com understands that conversations between the audio equipment brand and Mercedes are ongoing, while the team benefitted from various sponsorship uplifts throughout 2021 that outweigh any departures.

While the loss of Epson as a sponsor is obviously something of a blow for Mercedes, the team are understood to be in a very strong position commercially and are confident of being able to find a sponsor to fill the gap left by Epson's departure.

https://racingnews365.com/mercedes-targ ... ner-leaves

BlueCheetah66

This Mercedes PR team are very smart. They are statpadding so much hype for their car, they've managed to convince a lot of people an FIA model is their actual car. I respect it

Neuron

BlueCheetah66 wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 19:43
This Mercedes PR team are very smart. They are statpadding so much hype for their car, they've managed to convince a lot of people an FIA model is their actual car. I respect it
In one hand true, but... someone should be very, very naive to take the bait...

mstar

I don't know why waste time doing these when you could spend time doing something else. Pointless exercise from Merc doing these engine and car 2022 stuff.

El Scorchio

mstar wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 13:44
I don't know why waste time doing these when you could spend time doing something else. Pointless exercise from Merc doing these engine and car 2022 stuff.
Publicity, reach, brand awareness, MONEY. The videos may seem pointless, but views on social media are revenue.

adrianjordan

mstar wrote:
Said someone who clearly doesn't understand PR and marketing.

It's not like the PR team would be working on the car development otherwise.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

dans79

adrianjordan wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 17:22
mstar wrote:

Yea, if the PR team, isn't doing stuff like this, they'd be without jobs!

This time of year the engineers are hammered, but the less technical staff are sitting around twiddling their thumbs.
197 104 103 7

proteus

adrianjordan wrote:
mstar wrote:

On the other hand we saw what this kind of advertisement did to Mclaren Honda. If by any miracle they provide a dud, it can also backfire...even if the chance for that is less than 0.1 %.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

taperoo2k

Phil wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 11:46
adrianjordan wrote:
03 Jan 2022, 11:33
Do we think it's safe to assume Lewis is NOT going to retire?

I think we'd have heard by now, don't you?
I think he'll leave it very late to decide if he's going to be there or not... I'm sure Mercedes would have a plan B for all eventualities. Most F1 drivers are under contract anyway, so if they'd need a replacement, it would be outside the current F1 grid.
There's not many drivers on the F1 grid that would turn Mercedes down, and Toto probably negotiated a release clause in Ocon's contract with Alpine should Mercedes need a driver at short notice. As for Lewis ? I don't think he's going to quit, he's making the powers that be in F1 panic at the very idea and gives him space to avoid talking to the media.
Love or loathe Lewis he brings a lot of attention to F1. It would be a bad look for the Sport if Lewis does quit and he lays out the reasons why.

As for Mercedes PR teasing the car ? Takes attention away from the above and I dare say it's probably a car that will never race, but might well be something the pit mechanics are using to practise building and rebuilding the 2022 car ahead of the pre season tests.

adrianjordan

proteus wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 18:13
adrianjordan wrote:
mstar wrote:

On the other hand we saw what this kind of advertisement did to Mclaren Honda. If by any miracle they provide a dud, it can also backfire...even if the chance for that is less than 0.1 %.
I don't think it was the Social Media team that were responsible for the problems with that project....on the other hand, if McLaren did follow the advice of some posters and have the Social Media team work on the development on the car.....it would explain a lot!! 😝
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️