Moderation team changes

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

Moderation team changes

Hi all,

Some of you have noticed some difficulties, others have loudly requested changes, and we were already aware that we would use an extra few pair of hands. Having had a few talks with members and among the mod group, we ended up with a clear path forward, and a consensus on the changes.

So, it is with great pleasure that I can announce that:
  • Stu was kind enough to volunteer and is now instated as a mod. Despite being the newest member compared to the other new mods, he's shown great balance and an interesting lack of encounters with the moderator team :wink:
  • CMSMJ1 joins the team after hanging around here since 2007. Thanks for sticking around!
  • Tom145145 is around since 2015 and will be helping us to manage the moderation queue.
  • Vyssion will step in to help with some technical moderation as has been requested repeatedly over the past years. He'll focus only on the technical threads. If those interventions are as good as the stuff published in articles, we should be fine ;)
  • aral is leaving the moderator team, and instead moves on to the Council. A big "thank you" is just for the many years of moderation work!
I will leave it to the new mods to introduce themselves below, and I hope you will all be kind to them, so we shall all be kind to you.

Regards,
Steven

dans79

Re: Moderation team changes

What's the "Council"?
197 104 103 7

Steven
Owner

dans79 wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 19:55
What's the "Council"?
Our "advisory board", if you wish. Mostly former mods.

Stu

Hello all, as @Steven says, I am fairly new to the forum; finding it about three years ago.
I am a lifelong Motorsport fan, and at one time harboured ambitions to join the F1 circus, I let myself down academically, but continued to educate myself and enthusiastically consume any technical media. Aero and suspension would probably be my favourite avenues for discussion, but I am happy to talk (at length) about anything technical. By trade I have been an Engineer for all of my working life.
I also like DIY, gardening and ‘hanging out’ with my chickens and dogs.
Married for 23 years with two grown-up children.
I’m looking forward to what life has got to throw at me.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Tom145145

Hello All & thanks Steven for the introduction. As Steven says I have been a member since 2015, but found the site 2010 while looking for spy shots of the new cars for 2011.
I am also a life long motorsport fan much to my wife’s frustration, as I plan my life around the race schedules.
I am looking forward to helping the forum maintain its high standards and lively discussions.

turbof1

A big thanks to the new 4 moderator members for helping us out =D> .

Please be kind to them; anybody trying to mess with them will get the whole team all over it :evil: .
#AeroFrodo

CMSMJ1

Good evening forum friends :)

Not sure I can adequately convey how much of an F1 (and motor racing) nerd I have been since I was a little lad.

I've watched and followed F1 quite obsessively since I can remember and have had my nerd nose into the technical side for as long as I have had access to the internets! I can recall the old F1.com site and used the WAP on my old Nokia back to find out that Jenson Button was testing the Prost and that he might get a drive! Sheesh.
At my previous jobs I used to take in massive stash of floppy disks and zip up the release pics of the cars as the came out so I could take them home and look at them.

I'm 44 - raced slow motorbikes for a few years and have been trackdaying since 2006 - have a big foot into the Moto world due to this too so you'll have seen me lurking in there. Off to Cartagena in February and Portimao in May :shock: 8)

I am also married, have a son, Stanley, who at nearly 9 years old is so thoroughly into racing and engineering that he wants to be a supercar designer :D

it is an honour to be given the chance to serve this place and to support the excellent team who have always been most courteous, generous and welcoming bunch. I'll do my very best to deliver fair and light touch moderation where needed and will take guidance and support from my fellow mods to ensure the same superb service is delivered.

Thanks for having me team, and forum friends =D>
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Vyssion
Moderator / Writer

Well, well, well... so here we are :lol:

Most of you will no doubt have seen me pop up every now and then. My writing buddy, jjn9128, and I have written quite a few articles thus far, garnering more than a few million total views as of now I think. The rules delay kinda took some of the steam out of us, but here's to 2022.

Quick, but vague, biography for those curious about the "technical" moderator status;
In my late-20's, Australian, 1x bachelors and 2x masters in what amounts to basically motorsports aerodynamics / engineering, and working professional as Head of Aero (design, surfacing, CFD, thermo, acoustic, and excrescence) department coordinating a dozen or so engineers right now.

But yeah... so Steven gave me this hammer, and I've just been itching to put it down... so without further ado... :twisted:
Last edited by Vyssion on 06 Jan 2022, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
"And here you will stay, Gandalf the Grey, and rest from journeys. For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman the Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!"

#aerosaruman

"No Bubble, no BoP, no Avenging Crusader.... HERE COMES THE INCARNATION"!!"

turbof1

Vyssion wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 01:54

But yeah... so Steven gave me this hammer, and I've just been itching to put it down... so without further ado... :twisted:
https://c.tenor.com/7ofW_JnA1psAAAAC/banned-thor.gif
I always knew Steven was a big dwarf :lol:
#AeroFrodo

SmallSoldier

Congratulations to the new Moderators!

Nothing but success and hopefully a good time with the new “Job”… Cheers!

J.A.W.

turbof1 wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 20:59
A big thanks to the new 4 moderator members for helping us out =D> .

Please be kind to them; anybody trying to mess with them will get the whole team all over it :evil: .
Good effort Steven by showing estimable consideration of members concerns,
& getting some new 'talent' aboard in the moderation role. Welcome to the darkside you guys...

So, here's a bit of feedback from a (mea culpa) 'bad-boy' member, who has racked up more
'downvotes' than many members have 'upvotes', & also received both yellow & red 'cards' for
'habitual line-stepping' - (moreso by certain mods - who appear to 'pursue grudges' on 'ego' grounds).

Ok, while I'm not sure if the good-natured even-handed emotional equanimity demonstrated by
Steven (yes, even in my case) - yet signally lacking in some mods - is a result of the latter being
heavily indoctrinated in 'post-modern' concepts, & thus all too ready to apply a 'cancel culture' deal,
but for sure, acting out the 'Petit Napoleon' role via - 'Do as I say, not as I do' - is certainly a buzz-kill,
as others've noted in the previous thread.

I guess we'll see if these newly appointed mod's can also grasp/utilize an understanding of the
crucial Principles of Natural Justice, whereas a few mods have consistently failed to so, up 'til now...

(& as per what appears to be a thinly veiled 'threat', by turbof1 - whether meant in jest, or not -
IMO, it seems to ring a tad infantile for a 'Technical Forum' seeking thoughtful, mature members,
& belongs in an adolescent 'Fantasy Comic-Supers Fans' free-for-all 'melee-fest' site - to be frank).
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Ryar

I am finding it difficult to Congratulate the new guardians as this seems to be such a thankless and stressful job. :)
I hope the new mods have it more easier than the likes of aral, hollus and turbof1. That's a good wish for the guys and may the forum continue to grow and evolve.
Thanks for sharing the burden, helping the forum and apologies in advance for all the pain from my side in future. :D
Hakuna Matata!

J.A.W.

Ryar wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 08:02
I am finding it difficult to Congratulate the new guardians as this seems to be such a thankless and stressful job. :)
I hope the new mods have it more easier than the likes of anal, hollers and turdof1. That's a good wish for the guys and may the forum continue to grow and evolve.
Thanks for sharing the burden, helping the forum and apologies in advance for all the pain from my side in future. :D
Oh my, you didn't just do a sly 'name* & shame' - right there - did you eh, lovely-boy?

Ooooher, you're a right naughty one... I'll have to tell Captain Blood, ah, bloody Peacock, on you...

*Names changed to prevent potential embarrassment.
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

nzjrs

Great news, congratulations and welcome!

Mattchu

=D> To all the new mods and aral for the move up to The Style Council. Looks like you`ll have your work cut out!