Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Zynerji

Re: Racing games

NathanOlder wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 14:48
Just like to mention, I finally won my first race in the Pro Split at SOP on Assetto Corsa Competizione!

Was a 45min wet race around the Nurburgring, 3 races in to the season, and Iv'e had 2 pole positions, 3 podiums and the 1 win!

Here's a link to the SOP Broadcast race on Twitch (the race start is at the 19min mark)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1154443180

So happy to finally get my first win in my 3rd season in the Pro Split. :mrgreen:
There HAS to be a market for someone to build a stupid 4x RTX 3090 setup to render the "broadcast" stream in 4k with real-time raytracing...

NathanOlder

New Livery for my team in the upcoming Porsche Cup at SOP Motorsport. Racing Saturday nights starting 16th October 7.30pm UK time.

GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

Any in here race on Assetto Corsa on PC ? Just downloaded it recently so would be fun to have a run with some guys from here.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Starscreamer

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 13:23
Any in here race on Assetto Corsa on PC ? Just downloaded it recently so would be fun to have a run with some guys from here.
Looks fun but the release date PS5 is 24-02-2022
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

NathanOlder

Starscreamer wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 14:06
NathanOlder wrote:
Looks fun but the release date PS5 is 24-02-2022
Is that not just an update to Competizione on PS5?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

CMSMJ1

NathanOlder wrote:
I do and it would be cool to get a server running :mrgreen:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

NathanOlder

CMSMJ1 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 15:23
NathanOlder wrote:
Yes definitely, I can get a server up and running no problem. Just need to know what cars (F1 cars I'm guessing) and a track. I can get it up and running and the server can log laptimes etc. So we could have an F1 technical time trial if we are unable to get a group online together for a race.

So car suggestions and track suggestions would be good. Everybody welcome
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

CMSMJ1

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 15:32
CMSMJ1 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
Yes definitely, I can get a server up and running no problem. Just need to know what cars (F1 cars I'm guessing) and a track. I can get it up and running and the server can log laptimes etc. So we could have an F1 technical time trial if we are unable to get a group online together for a race.

I'm perfectly happy to drive almost anything and anywhere! I didn't know there could be a time trial option - that is cool - as I can get my son to join in too.

If it;s no stress, can you share the details for the server and I will fire up the game tonight for a look adn see if I can get into it?

My availability is not great though as I am off to Spain this week for a 4 day motorcycle trackday at Cartagena 8)
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

NathanOlder

CMSMJ1 wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 17:18
NathanOlder wrote:
CMSMJ1 wrote:

I'm perfectly happy to drive almost anything and anywhere! I didn't know there could be a time trial option - that is cool - as I can get my son to join in too.

If it;s no stress, can you share the details for the server and I will fire up the game tonight for a look adn see if I can get into it?

My availability is not great though as I am off to Spain this week for a 4 day motorcycle trackday at Cartagena 8)
Yeah thats cool, I will just set up a server and leave it on a continueous loop of a long practice session of 4hrs long. I've not really done any hosting, so may get this wrong but I have gone for the Nurburgring in the Lotus exos F1 125 Stage 1 car (standard F1 car).

To find the server, go to online and find the search box. Search "TKR_Saturn" and the password to join is "F1Tech"

Anyone can have a go, so feel free to pop in, set a time ( I think the server should log the time, but incase it doesn't maybe take a screen shot for record ) and lets see how many we get over a week. Just a bit of fun. The server is limited to a maximum of 8 drivers at the same time, but I doubt we will get that, if we do end up getting more, we can always expand and look at starting a little more competition.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

RZS10

You could run stracker https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/stracker.3510/
iirc the server won't save any results between sessions

CMSMJ1

I've had a session on AC tonight. Have never had a go on multiplayer and it workds well.

Looking forwards to getting a regular session and time attack/backside kicked with some of you guys
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

SmallSoldier

NathanOlder wrote:
CMSMJ1 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Super newbie question… Can you run in Playstation 5 ACC and drive against people running it in PC? I’m a GT Sport (soon GT7) wannabe racer 😁

NathanOlder

SmallSoldier wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 03:57
NathanOlder wrote:
CMSMJ1 wrote:

Super newbie question… Can you run in Playstation 5 ACC and drive against people running it in PC? I’m a GT Sport (soon GT7) wannabe racer 😁
Not at the moment you can't. There is a big update coming for the PS5, but I doubt they will include cross platform play. It's a shame they don't as there are plenty of other games that do it now.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

CMSMJ1 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 00:07
I've had a session on AC tonight. Have never had a go on multiplayer and it workds well.

Looking forwards to getting a regular session and time attack/backside kicked with some of you guys
Just had a quick look at the results that were logged, and it looks like we had 3 drivers, Myself, and 2 others. But for some reson the other 2 were logged as the same driver ? were they using the same PC ? That would expain it, either that or I don't understand how the results are logged. :lol:
Last edited by NathanOlder on 15 Feb 2022, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

turns out it was the same user on 1 machine, just changed profile.
Last edited by NathanOlder on 15 Feb 2022, 17:58, edited 2 times in total.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.