All kinds of news about F1.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: About the F1.

As previously announced, Thursday will be canceled during a GP weekend this season.
As a result, everything now has to be made up on Friday. In Bahrain, for example, this results in the following.
During the whole season everything will be a few hours later, as before the FPs there is still a lot to do from Thursday. Then rather a few races less and usual times.

Times last year Bahrain:

CET Times this year according to Albert Fabrega. Discussions are still ongoing:

The Power of Dreams!

NathanOlder

I thought the friday sessions were back to 90mins?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Wouter

NathanOlder wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 19:20
I thought the friday sessions were back to 90mins?
Indeed, because of the new cars. Hmm....
The Power of Dreams!

Slo Poke

The source was unreliable then, eh Wouter... hmm.

NathanOlder

Slo Poke wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 23:21
The source was unreliable then, eh Wouter... hmm.
:lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Ryar

It's a shame, just 3 sprint weekends!
Hakuna Matata!

Zynerji

I still thing Q1 should be the 30 min sprint...

Just_a_fan

3 Sprints is 3 too many. :evil:

Glad to see that pole position is going back to fastest driver in qualifying rather than the sprint. But as the sprint is now a separate race and not "sprint qualifying", that actually makes sense.

More points for the sprints, well I guess that makes sense if they're now going to be considered a race and not qualifying, and good to see points awarded further down the order too.

I'd be more accepting of the sprints if they made them for young drivers - give the reserve drivers / up and coming drivers in the various teams' systems a chance to race in F1. Now that would be quite fun to see, I think, and keep F1 as it should be - practice, qualifying, race.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Tvetovnato

A sprint at Imola? Why not choose Monaco as well while we are at it? :roll:

adrianjordan

Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 18:54

Glad to see that pole position is going back to fastest driver in qualifying rather than the sprint. But as the sprint is now a separate race and not "sprint qualifying", that actually makes sense.

More points for the sprints, well I guess that makes sense if they're now going to be considered a race and not qualifying, and good to see points awarded further down the order too.

I'd be more accepting of the sprints if they made them for young drivers - give the reserve drivers / up and coming drivers in the various teams' systems a chance to race in F1. Now that would be quite fun to see, I think, and keep F1 as it should be - practice, qualifying, race.
Except the Sprint still decide the grid for the Grand Prix, so now we have the prospect of the Pole man not starting from Pole position....

If they insist on having Sprints, have them independent of the GP, not deciding the starting order for it.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

astracrazy

Zynerji wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 18:43
I still thing Q1 should be the 30 min sprint...
Or even reverse it. Normal Q1 and Q2. Top 10 is a 10 minute sprint - starting positions based on Q2.

nevill3

adrianjordan wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 12:02

Except the Sprint still decide the grid for the Grand Prix, so now we have the prospect of the Pole man not starting from Pole position....

If they insist on having Sprints, have them independent of the GP, not deciding the starting order for it.
The pole position for the GP will be decided by Q3 the sprint race will no longer set the grid for the GP

Edit,,,,,I misread the press releases, the Q3 fastest lap will be awarded the "Pole Position" but the sprint will still decide the start of the GP....

Only F1 could be so convuluted. The driver starting from Pole for the Grand Prix will not necessarily be the Pole Position holder for that weekend!!!
Last edited by nevill3 on 15 Feb 2022, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

adrianjordan

nevill3 wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 12:21
adrianjordan wrote:

The pole position for the GP will be decided by Q3 the sprint race will no longer set the grid for the GP
I can't link to Instagram on my phone, but according to the official F1 Instagram post: "Sunday's Grand Prix grid will still be determined by the results of the Saturday Sprint"
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just_a_fan

adrianjordan wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Feb 2022, 18:54

Absolutely ridiculous, isn't it?

Only F1 could take a simple process such as qualifying and then a race and make it into something so mind-numbingly inane. ](*,)
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.