All kinds of news about F1.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
adrianjordan

Re: About the F1.

Just a side note. I think this is quite a useful thread but could possibly benefit from a more descriptive title....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Herr_Koos

adrianjordan wrote: ↑
15 Feb 2022, 13:16
Just a side note. I think this is quite a useful thread but could possibly benefit from a more descriptive title....
Was thinking the same thing.

What exactly is the discussion about in here?

Zynerji

astracrazy wrote: ↑
15 Feb 2022, 12:14
Zynerji wrote: ↑
14 Feb 2022, 18:43
I still thing Q1 should be the 30 min sprint...
Or even reverse it. Normal Q1 and Q2. Top 10 is a 10 minute sprint - starting positions based on Q2.
If you do it as Q1 tho, you can give the top 3 drivers (by WDC points) a bye to Q2 (so they can't score Sprint points) with the Sprint grid set by WDC standing as well. This would close the gap between p4-p10 and p1-p3 every race weekend, and that would keep the field from spreading over a season. It would also prevent the title contenders from risking their equipment during the Sprint, and saving the engine wear for the showdown on Sunday.

Then you can hold the normal Q1 format for the first race (no WDC points yet), weather delays, and possibly track opt-outs (Monaco particularly).

It's win- win- win- win- win IMHO.
Last edited by Zynerji on 15 Feb 2022, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

Herr_Koos wrote: ↑
15 Feb 2022, 14:02

I opened this thread for news about the F1. There was no topic for it. You two can suggest another title and I will change it.
The Power of Dreams!

Zynerji

Wouter wrote: ↑
15 Feb 2022, 14:57

I opened this thread for news about the F1. There was no topic for it. You two can suggest another title and I will change it.
I think this is a brilliant title and should be stickied. It would probably attract all of the non-tech babble that infests the actual tech threads.

Herr_Koos

General F1 discussion?

Zynerji

15 Feb 2022, 15:02

General F1 discussion?
To let people know it's just "About the F1"? 😏

Herr_Koos

When I first read the title I thought it was referring to the F1 as in the McLaren F1. You don't usually refer to F1 the sport as "The F1". Maybe I'm being too pedantic.

Zynerji

15 Feb 2022, 15:15
When I first read the title I thought it was referring to the F1 as in the McLaren F1. You don't usually refer to F1 the sport as "The F1". Maybe I'm being too pedantic.
I think it's an American meme where it's pronounced "thee".

The Ohio State
The Best Buy
The Mamba

The F1 just makes me chuckle!

adrianjordan

Yeah, that was what made it seem odd to me too.

Maybe "General F1 Discussion Thread" or just "About F1" removing the awkward "The"
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Wouter

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

15 Feb 2022, 15:38

Maybe "General F1 Discussion Thread" or just "About F1" removing the awkward "The"
In our country people talk about the F1 and not about F1. :wink:

EDIT: I don't think "General F1 discussion thread" is right, because it is about NEWS in (the) F1.
I changed the title, I hope you two like it now.
The Power of Dreams!

Herr_Koos

15 Feb 2022, 15:39
15 Feb 2022, 15:38

In our country people talk about the F1 and not about F1. :wink:

EDIT: I don't think "General F1 discussion thread" is right, because it is about NEWS in (the) F1.
I changed the title, I hope you two like it now.
Perfect

Wouter

Several drivers have already complained about the poor visibility due to the new tires and wheel covers.
Latifi and Albon yesterday after the shakedown at Silverstone about the new tires and wheel covers:

Latifi describes his experience as follows: "Visibility is definitely worse in some corners. It certainly depends on
what kind of curve you are dealing with, how much you steer and where you are looking. And you will have to get used to it.
But there are definitely moments when you just don't see as well [than in 2021]."

On a track as open as Silverstone, "it was okay," says Albon. "But we'll probably have bigger problems on city circuits like Monaco, Baku, Jeddah."
He explains: "When you're cornering, the wheels and covers block a lot of your field of vision, so you're looking further ahead into the corner.
But on a street circuit you only see the wall there and can't just look around it. That could get tricky."

You also have to change your mind in the duel situation, Albon continues: "It might just be more difficult to see where you are
where the front wing is and where the tires are."
https://www.formel1.de/news/testbericht ... chte-sicht

The Power of Dreams!

AeroDynamic

I do wonder, if those complaints sustain, might we see changes.. and what changes might be implemented without hurting the path they took with 18 inch tyres?

Big Tea

AeroDynamic wrote: ↑
16 Feb 2022, 11:53
I do wonder, if those complaints sustain, might we see changes.. and what changes might be implemented without hurting the path they took with 18 inch tyres?
I would think the only fix would be a higher seating position. That would be a can of snakes.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.