2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Timtim99

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

JPBD1990 wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 18:07
I thought the garage reaction was weird too? Has there ever been cheers after a lap in testing? Is it just mind games or do they know something? Eg perhaps they could see from GPS that Ferrari was full-push on Leclercs lap, and they mopped the floor with his time? Idk but thought it was real strange for testing.
Lets wait and see his fastest lap was on a C5, 2 he ran his car on a second/third upgrade against the same car Ferrari ran in Barcelona and you are happy? Lol

motobaleno

JPBD1990 wrote:
I thought the garage reaction was weird too? Has there ever been cheers after a lap in testing? Is it just mind games or do they know something? Eg perhaps they could see from GPS that Ferrari was full-push on Leclercs lap, and they mopped the floor with his time? Idk but thought it was real strange for testing.
according to sky broadcast leclerc microsectors in the straight were all yellow during both hot laps
while verstappen had some green straight microsectors during first hotlap (the second obiviously was obliterated by the first indicating same engine setting)
so, at least as far as we know, it was RB pushing more than ferrari, at least engine-wise

Timtim99

motobaleno wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 18:16
JPBD1990 wrote:
according to sky broadcast leclerc microsectors in the straight were all yellow during both hot laps
while verstappen had some green straight microsectors during first hotlap (the second obiviously was obliterated by the first indicating same engine setting)
so, at least as far as we know, it was RB pushing more than ferrari, at least engine-wise
Exactly

dialtone

Looking at FastF1 data from even yesterday RBR was running higher RPM and longer gear ratios than Ferrari. And it seems the car has no porpoising so that's quite nice. It will probably be RBR v FER next week if Merc doesn't find a solution to their problems.

JPBD1990

I agree, that’s why I thought the garage reaction was weird?

Timtim99

JPBD1990 wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 18:22
Because being first would make the owner happy

dren

JPBD1990 wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 18:22
When you run the car in reverse, fully loaded with fuel, on a used set of full wets after Max ate lead for lunch and still set the quickest time, it makes the team happy.

I'm guessing the team feels they can fight for wins now with the upgrade package. They probably figured they were behind Ferrari before this last testing day.
Honda!

PlatinumZealot

RedBull are happy with that time. Marko giving a veiled affirmation to indicate that they are ready to dominate come the GP.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

AR3-GP

JPBD1990 wrote:
I think the reaction is independent of other teams. Perhaps they have beaten their simulations.

Curbstone

Timtim99 wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 18:18
motobaleno wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 18:16
JPBD1990 wrote:
Exactly
That's a wrong conclusion since you have no idea wether Red Bull was at around 90% and Ferarri at 95%.

But a happy garage during testing is definitely a good sign.

etusch

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Mar 2022, 20:41
JPBD1990 wrote:
I think the reaction is independent of other teams. Perhaps they have beaten their simulations.
I have a theory about it.
I think they have a target lap time with selected tyres, selected engine mode and fuel onboard, which is base of their calculation of best lap available with the car. Maybe they tested same thing in simulator as well like you said. Then tried it on track and they ahieved that or maybe beated it as you said. Then it is very normal that they satisfied what they did.
Maybe their analyst made calculations about main rivals performance based on available data from tests and assumptions about engine modes and fuel loads. So they may have an astimated lap time for main rivals.

etusch

Nearly zero jump on straights, very good

organic

etusch wrote:
13 Mar 2022, 12:33
Nearly zero jump on straights, very good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxbwMLJfgrk
Yes very positive for RB! The RB18 clearly no longer suffers from the porpoising troubles; to have fixed it so quickly suggests they understand the cause of it fully which should make further upgrades more easy to bring.

Big Tea

What's happening with the Power unit thread now? Is it still there as Honda or will there be a new 'Red Bull Power unit' thread?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

Big Tea wrote:
13 Mar 2022, 13:56
What's happening with the Power unit thread now? Is it still there as Honda or will there be a new 'Red Bull Power unit' thread?
It's still the Honda PU, only now called RBPTH001, so why another thread? Moreover, there won't be much news to write about it now, because we depend on what ORBR wants to say about it.
Please no new thread, because there is so much to read about the past years and then we can compare everything with this year.
The Power of Dreams!