2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, March 25 - 27

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Dee
Dee

Re: 2022 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, March 25 - 27

Was out during qualy

Max didn't do well here

Is it understeer causing him issues or just tyre balance or lack of skill on this particular car compared to Perez

Both cars were identical Horner said

woocasz
woocasz

Mchamilton wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 21:57
woocasz wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 21:53
Leclerc did a mistake in s3, cause he didn`t improve time in s3 (yellow bar) but still 1-2 for Ferrari tomorrow.
But he was a lot quicker in s1, so chances are he ran out of tyre a it in s3 relative to his first lap
You're probably right, which doesn't change the fact that I give Leclerc a better chance to win tomorrow's race. There was a conversation earlier about Leclerc vs Sainz from last season. Don't get me wrong, I like Sainz, he's a good driver, but Leclerc is real world champion material. He showed it last Sunday by beating Verstappen like a rookie. If it is true that Ferrari have a reserve of power which they intend to add in the next few races plus a new floor which eliminates bouncing plus a lowered car which means more downforce plus raw pace of Leclerc. The will destroy anyone in the field. Good times ahead for Ferrari.

dialtone
dialtone

ferkan wrote:
27 Mar 2022, 00:03
Hey Dialtone, great stuff with telemetry. Last one looks reall good IMO.

Can you post say Bottas vs Gasly, as these are other Ferrari/Honda cars with similar performances?
That's a great point, here you go.

Barely anything between these 2, maybe a slight advantage to Alpha Tauri above 260kmh-300kmh

PlatinumZealot

dialtone wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 23:18
PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 22:51
dialtone wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 22:37
PER v LEC quali

https://i.imgur.com/IRjoMeg.png

LEC high DF, PER low DF. I think the engines are almost equal in power right now. PER nailed the last corner and by getting on the throttle faster he was a fraction ahead of LEC in acceleration which allowed him to bring it home.

Good stuff.
Great effort, but the contrast is poor with the colour choice. Maybe use pitch black, instead of the charcoal you used.
I'm honestly awful at this so I was using the defaults of the library... Anyway here's a second attempt

https://i.imgur.com/E1IHbUj.png

It seems better contrast to me.
Awesome. Much easier to read now.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

codetower

The F1-75 has a little better acceleration. I see Carlos starting on the softs, which would give him an advantage off the line. Watch for him to quickly leap Charles and Sergio. Charles will likely start on Mediums, maybe try a one-stop. Ferrari seem to do well with tyre management so it could work if we see a safety car or two. If there’s an early red flag, Sainz would do great. Start on soft, switch to hard, the finish on medium.

If Sainz and Leclerc have similar pace, and they are headed for another 1-2, I could see them limiting their battle for this race. Let SAI have his maiden win, LEC get fastest lap if he can, Leclerc would still be ahead in points… THEN the rest of the season it’s on between them.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

I think the RB18 might be difficult to overtake on straight honestly almost 10 kph is a lot
Nevertheless an undercut might be easy tomorrow if the Ferrari are stuck in the gearbox of Perez

Red flag/SC will play a critical role tomorrow I can't believe one Williams, or Stroll will not hit the wall somehow...

I have the feeling tomorrow is the day for Sainz maiden win :mrgreen:

dialtone
dialtone

Don't remember if I posted this here but:

LAP 201 SOFT/10 Stint 4: 2:12.463
LAP 202 SOFT/12 Stint 4: 1:34.442
LAP 203 SOFT/13 Stint 4: 1:34.742
LAP 204 SOFT/14 Stint 4: 1:34.327
LAP 205 SOFT/15 Stint 4: 1:34.655
LAP 206 SOFT/16 Stint 4: 1:35.598

Short stint at race pace from LEC on softs today in FP3. For reference VER/PER are 1:35.5 and 1:35.3. Different fuel for sure, but good tyre deg on softs, I think a lot of people will race on softs if they can.

Nanosapien
Nanosapien

What would be really interesting is if the race were to finish in qualifying order. Then Checo would be points leader in the team not MV. If that were to be maintained well into the season 1der how that would affect team dynamics?

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Nanosapien wrote:
27 Mar 2022, 01:43
What would be really interesting is if the race were to finish in qualifying order. Then Checo would be points leader in the team not MV. If that were to be maintained well into the season 1der how that would affect team dynamics?
It will not change anything on the short run as it's not a big gap, and Verstappen is still the number one driver and the WC.
It will change if the gap extend, halfway through the season maybe, but I can't see RB doing a Ferrari 2008 with Verstappen...

ferkan
ferkan

dialtone wrote:
27 Mar 2022, 00:55
ferkan wrote:
27 Mar 2022, 00:03
Hey Dialtone, great stuff with telemetry. Last one looks reall good IMO.

Can you post say Bottas vs Gasly, as these are other Ferrari/Honda cars with similar performances?
That's a great point, here you go.

https://i.imgur.com/m5DmrJ9.png

Barely anything between these 2, maybe a slight advantage to Alpha Tauri above 260kmh-300kmh
Great, thanks. Interesting, from what I see RB came with considerably skinnier wing here, while AT came with slightly skinnier then one in Bahrain. Ferrari teams came with no change and were, by the looks of it, most loaded teams on the grid. I think from that we can conclude that two engines are very close in performances, and judging by Alpine (low DF wing) and Merc cars (nowhere), they are quite a bit ahead of other two.

ringo

Spoutnik wrote:
27 Mar 2022, 01:52
Nanosapien wrote:
It will not change anything on the short run as it's not a big gap, and Verstappen is still the number one driver and the WC.
It will change if the gap extend, halfway through the season maybe, but I can't see RB doing a Ferrari 2008 with Verstappen...
This car seems to suit Checo's style. So if he keeps dialing it in, he will continue to challenge for wins. His driving style is very unusual, from what Jenson Button says as former teammates, so the sweetspot he has in the car may be hard to copy in Max's. I think this driver pairing will be most interesting if Perez does convert this pole into good race pace and the win.
I hope the team give him the support tomorrow. Redbull need to win this race to break ferrari's momentum.
I am dissapointed in Haas. Shumacher could have been in q3 with this car.
Kevin mad some mistakes as well.

Alpine are doing well and seen quicker than mercedes here. Ocon could podium or win if the red and blue teams nuke each other at the front. lol
For Sure!!

dialtone
dialtone

ringo wrote:
27 Mar 2022, 02:35
Spoutnik wrote:
Nanosapien wrote:
This car seems to suit Checo's style. So if he keeps dialing it in, he will continue to challenge for wins. His driving style is very unusual, from what Jenson Button says as former teammates, so the sweetspot he has in the car may be hard to copy in Max's. I think this driver pairing will be most interesting if Perez does convert this pole into good race pace and the win.
I hope the team give him the support tomorrow. Redbull need to win this race to break ferrari's momentum.

Alpine are doing well and seen quicker than mercedes here. Ocon could podium or win if the red and blue teams nuke each other at the front. lol
Kevin said his neck didn't support him for the whole of quali. https://the-race.com/formula-1/my-neck- ... ess-worry/ He needs more fitness with the new cars.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

NicoS wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 21:58
silver wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 21:48
ringo wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 21:32

Maybe it is Perez year to shine. He has done his homework and can get more from the car. Redbull may need to make Checo the #1 driver now and let Max support him by fighting Charles and Sainz.

Max is too miserable. 2 races now he is complaining. He is almost like a fish out of water. 2021 had the perfect environment for him to thrive. Now everything has changed I am curious to see what happens if Checo has more points than him after 5 races in.
It's a changed day! Hamilton out in Q3, beaten handsomely by Russell and Max beaten in quali by Perez. Some changes are good for F1. It's amazing to see the two Ferrari boys being so close in qualifying battle.
Definitely looks like Jorge is starting to build the team around him.
He seems to give more precise feedback, allowing his setup to progress in the right direction. It's now up to the team to support him more. With his help they will win again!
You're determined to troll, aren't you? Tedious already and it's only the second race of the season.

And his name is George. George. G E O R G E.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

ringo wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:
Nanosapien wrote:

Why the car is more suited to Checo style ? Understeer ?

Nanosapien
Nanosapien

ringo wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:
Nanosapien wrote:

I think due to what happened @ Mclaren and due to his time @ Force india/Racing Point/AMR Checo is stereotypes as not being a fast qualifier. I think it was due to the cars he had also Force india/Racing Point/AMR required team building so he focused on scoring points on Sunday. However with Red Bull he maybe able to flex hi quali muscles more.