Hamilton Study about F1 Jobs

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
User avatar
Zynerji
105
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: Hamilton Study about F1 Jobs

Post

Jolle wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 5:32 pm
Zynerji wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 4:56 pm
Jolle wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:58 pm


Like if he would, lets say, donate 20 million pounds to empower young people from under-represented groups in the UK? Or build a trust with the heads of the engineering uni's of the UK, both sides of parliament and representatives from the industry?

I think it's a bit more then put some kids on karts.
It would be worth way more than money if he scheduled speaking tours at schools teaching the diverse that it was up to them to work hard and put in the effort and discipline to achieve their dreams.

Making excuses why some don't make it makes people feel that the game is rigged, and they simply won't participate.

His report will drive more people away than it entices.

Lewis isn't the GOAT because someone felt sorry that he is black. He is the GOAT because he overcame hundreds of setbacks through determination.
You mean, minorities aren’t represented enough because they don’t put in the work?

First you accuse “woke” of being all talk, then I point out that he does put up actual money to do something meaningful and then you say he should only talk..
Money fixes nothing. Literally zero.

Changing the hearts of people is priceless.

And not being represented "enough" is subjective, and not worth the thought.

The simple truth that everyone can't be a Rock Star seems to escape some folks...🙄

Jolle
Jolle
133
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: Hamilton Study about F1 Jobs

Post

Zynerji wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:45 pm
Jolle wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 5:32 pm
Zynerji wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 4:56 pm


It would be worth way more than money if he scheduled speaking tours at schools teaching the diverse that it was up to them to work hard and put in the effort and discipline to achieve their dreams.

Making excuses why some don't make it makes people feel that the game is rigged, and they simply won't participate.

His report will drive more people away than it entices.

Lewis isn't the GOAT because someone felt sorry that he is black. He is the GOAT because he overcame hundreds of setbacks through determination.
You mean, minorities aren’t represented enough because they don’t put in the work?

First you accuse “woke” of being all talk, then I point out that he does put up actual money to do something meaningful and then you say he should only talk..
Money fixes nothing. Literally zero.

Changing the hearts of people is priceless.

And not being represented "enough" is subjective, and not worth the thought.

The simple truth that everyone can't be a Rock Star seems to escape some folks...🙄
I think you misses the whole point of the commission or are not willing to. Hamilton’s efforts (together with the royal institute of engineering) is not to have more f1 drivers of colour, but to have more minorities in engineering.

That it’s just a change of heart is, well… let’s keep it civil, a very 1950’s thought.

johnny comelately
johnny comelately
35
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:55 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Hamilton Study about F1 Jobs

Post

Slightly off topic, hope it is accepted