2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dxpetrov

Re: Red Bull RB18

Spoutnik wrote:
12 May 2022, 23:09
Henk_v wrote:
12 May 2022, 21:08
A semi-technical question some of you might be able to answer; how can Binotto expect RB to run out of money for upgrades? Nobody knows how much was spent developing the car. Ferrari focussed on 2022 earlier and presented a well developed car. The RB18 that was presented was deemed radical in concept, but "unrefined". Might it be that RB just slapped a car together on a shoestring, choosing to refine it through updates?
Binotto said that Ferrari are monitoring/reporting how much, approximately, each upgrade from RB cost, to compare to where they are cost wise.
This is a complete BS. He has given a vague interview on Sky Sports after the race and suddenly everyone start creating stories about the RB budget. The only major upgrade to RB18 came in Bahrain test. And that cz the previous version of the car was pretty immature, as was stated above. Everything after that was fairly miniscule, apart from the weight saving probably (but Ferrari was doing the same), and majority of all the gains could be attributed to the setup break-through and balance improvements - which is a main contributor to the development in F1. Just look at the Mercedes last year. Ferrari fans, if really believe in this nonsense, are about to swallow a bitter pill.

Andi76

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

etusch wrote:
12 May 2022, 19:19
If Ferrari's competition hopes are rely on Redbull 's budget then I think Ferrari don't have much to put on car.
Its not about to rely on this, and surely not about not having much to put on the car, but with the budget cap strategies in that regard are reasonable. And the strategy to bring new parts only when you need to, so you can still make two updates while your competitor has shot all his bullets, is actually pretty smart and could be an advantage in the last few races.

gandharva

Marko wipes away bullshit rumours about RBR having spent most of their budget already.

"Nonsense," Marko clarifies, adding, "I don't think we're in a significantly different position than Ferrari in this respect. Especially since I wonder what effect it will have on them that Carlos Sainz has already crashed the car several times. That can't come cheap."

https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel ... f-22051302

Spoutnik

Re: Red Bull RB18

Henk_v

What I tried to ask; could it be RB spant far less on the primary development, intentionally to out-update the competition. Untill the first tests, all development was partially guesswork and therefore inefficiënt. The Ferrari car looked particularly developed compared to RB.

It could be a sensible choice to just slap a car together, learn from racing it, learn from looking at the competition and then very effeciently work on target updates as opposed to trying to start the season with a fully developed car. Particularly if you know you can react fast.

Even till now the front wings generally look underdeveloped. Now MB comes with a "rulebender" front wing. My guess is that this is the start of a hefty development race on front wings.

TNTHead

Henk_v wrote:
13 May 2022, 18:11
What I tried to ask; could it be RB spant far less on the primary development, intentionally to out-update the competition. Untill the first tests, all development was partially guesswork and therefore inefficiënt. The Ferrari car looked particularly developed compared to RB.

It could be a sensible choice to just slap a car together, learn from racing it, learn from looking at the competition and then very effeciently work on target updates as opposed to trying to start the season with a fully developed car. Particularly if you know you can react fast.

Even till now the front wings generally look underdeveloped. Now MB comes with a "rulebender" front wing. My guess is that this is the start of a hefty development race on front wings.
This seems sensible to me. Creating a good concept in the first place, when you know which way you should go development wise can financially be very efficient. It is a possibility with Newey. And history shows us that RB is very good at development during the season, so they might have tried to keep that strength.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

mitodriver

Great to see this "behind the scenes" aftermovie
-.-- --- ..- .-- .. .-.. .-.. --- -. .-.. -.-- ... . . .. - .-- .... . -. -.-- --- ..- --. . - .. -

chrisc90

What a video that is!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Good to see Max dropping by the events and chatting to the drivers of the older stuff.

Big Tea

Notice the wording in these sound bites though. "development budget", not race budget or parts budget of any description. It could refer to any section of development or all of it.
It also has a possibility if needed of 'shunting' monies from one development area to another. We will never get a full story even if the team tell us, so what is the likelihood of a snippet from media being the whole truth?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chrisc90

Big Tea wrote:
15 May 2022, 10:52
Notice the wording in these sound bites though. "development budget", not race budget or parts budget of any description. It could refer to any section of development or all of it.
It also has a possibility if needed of 'shunting' monies from one development area to another. We will never get a full story even if the team tell us, so what is the likelihood of a snippet from media being the whole truth?
True. There is probably only a small handful of people who truly know how much budgeting RB have. I mean out of the cost cap budget, who's to say that RB and Ferrari have a similar budget for upgrades and further development? Ferrari might have 100million but Redbull 175million.

Wouter

Max Verstappen received a beautiful recognition yesterday from the Fangio Foundation
during the Monaco Grand Prix Historique 2022
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP

Big Tea wrote:
15 May 2022, 10:52
I reckon that as the seasons wears on, if the drivers have not crashed the car and damaged parts, that teams have the ability to divert budget that was being saved for car damage, to a late season development push. If you are in with 5 races in the season to go, and you haven't spent your "oopsies budget", then you could probably stand to divert it.

This is where I think Ferrari are in a less enviable position. The oopsies budget is being spent rapidly.