Dans79

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
CMSMJ1

Re: Dans79

There's some examples noted above - you can take some of the responses with a light heart and believe that there is no sarcasm or ire involved..or you can read them as digs and with some pointed phrasing.

let's all pretend this is a reasonable conversation - it would be if we manage to get to a pub and have a beer and chat about it.

As Dans79 says - there are other places to be if you are not enjoying it here and not wanting to engage.

Such is life - we come and go.

(to be fair - I am members of 3 fora for over 15 years... including this one - I don't seem to go anywhere else, though the internet is obviously much bigger now than it was back in the day -2003 - when I got my first 2mb internet access)
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

SiLo

Moved to Discord like a few others. This forum has changed quite a bit, and it gets quite tiresome with all the arguing all the time and ignoring posting rules.
Felipe Baby!

Stu

To be fair, that really hit a peak last November/December.

People join, people leave, some (most) stay around and contribute.

As with society, not everyone wants to be nice (although most do their best), you will also find people that disagree with you (although most will care neither one way or another) as well as others that agree.

The world is a big place and there should be room for everyone to be able to enjoy it.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

siskue2005

SiLo wrote:
26 May 2022, 19:41
Moved to Discord like a few others. This forum has changed quite a bit, and it gets quite tiresome with all the arguing all the time and ignoring posting rules.
Facilitated by no actions from the mods! and some of it was just bias.
Stu wrote:
26 May 2022, 20:16
And terribly managed!

i was already part of multiple other forums, and nowhere else was this much worse, open bias from the mods and targeting some and not others.
Perfect example here:
lh13 wrote:
26 May 2022, 14:28
siskue2005 wrote:All are fed up with this forum, the users and the mods, and the open trolling allowed now. So u would find its not just him there are multiple people not here anymore.
More like Hamilton isn't winning anymore and some of his 'fans' have disappeared. Dans79, Just_a_fan, NathanOlder et al.

Just wait till Mercedes and Hamilton get back to winning form, people will return.
I guess, people could take trolling and can get over it easily, however, the nail in the coffin was when the mods were allowing it for certain group, but not for the other.
I guess, the people left don't care and I am also guessing people here don't care, in the end its moot point.

lh13

siskue2005 wrote:
SiLo wrote:
26 May 2022, 19:41
Facilitated by no actions from the mods! and some of it was just bias.
Stu wrote:
26 May 2022, 20:16
siskue2005 wrote:All are fed up with this forum, the users and the mods, and the open trolling allowed now. So u would find its not just him there are multiple people not here anymore.
More like Hamilton isn't winning anymore and some of his 'fans' have disappeared. Dans79, Just_a_fan, NathanOlder et al.

Just wait till Mercedes and Hamilton get back to winning form, people will return.
I guess, people could take trolling and can get over it easily, however, the nail in the coffin was when the mods were allowing it for certain group, but not for the other.
I guess, the people left don't care and I am also guessing people here don't care, in the end its moot point.[/quote]

The problem with people like you is that you think everyone who disagrees with you or shares an unpopular opinion, is trolling.

If I think people left because of Hamilton not winning, and will return once Hamilton and Mercedes gets back to form, how's that trolling? If you don't like my opinion, just say so and move on. 9 year olds like you keep throwing words 'trolling' and 'hate' for anyone who doesn't share your opinions.

Yesterday you were talking about how you 'left' F1Technical for a better place, while clearly, you haven't. You're still here, arguing and quoting me, even though you think I'm trolling. Just leave already, or stop being such a child and grow up.

Stu

First rule of forums….

Do not feed the trolls.

A different opinion is not trolling.
From a moderation perspective, Steven recognised that the forum was bigger and busier than the existing group of moderators could cope with; so he reached out and asked for more help.

Did any of those that claim extreme bias step forward to help (and therefore provide ‘balance’ - although an alternate extreme viewpoint does not really balance…), NO!

They left (or only return in the shadows as guests), occasionally returning to post a couple of lines or hit a downvote with no explanation or counterpoint.

At its core this is a technical forum, intended to give a place for technical discussion by those that either have expertise or an interest; the proliferation of “my driver/team is better than….”, is an offshoot that tends to consume the most moderation time (and contributes the least to the forum).

I now spend more time reading through to see if moderation is required (through threads that bring me little joy) than I do reading & contributing in those that I do.

…and I am also biased against all teams/drivers….
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

siskue2005

lh13 wrote:
27 May 2022, 06:45

The problem with people like you is that you think everyone who disagrees with you or shares an unpopular opinion, is trolling.

If I think people left because of Hamilton not winning, and will return once Hamilton and Mercedes gets back to form, how's that trolling? If you don't like my opinion, just say so and move on. 9 year olds like you keep throwing words 'trolling' and 'hate' for anyone who doesn't share your opinions.
So, if you think calling out a troll and hate post for what it is, is so distressing to you that you need to reply to me twice or even thrice! So clearly who is the 9 year old here. I will keep calling out trolls and haters for what they are.
Yesterday you were talking about how you 'left' F1Technical for a better place, while clearly, you haven't. You're still here, arguing and quoting me, even though you think I'm trolling. Just leave already, or stop being such a child and grow up.
I have been in this forum since 2007 thats 15 years, unlike you who probably was a banned user with their 5th or 6th new account with unlimited google emails. So just keep your semantics to yourselves, i know what to do.

siskue2005

Stu wrote:
27 May 2022, 07:49
First rule of forums….

Do not feed the trolls.

A different opinion is not trolling.
From a moderation perspective, Steven recognised that the forum was bigger and busier than the existing group of moderators could cope with; so he reached out and asked for more help.

Did any of those that claim extreme bias step forward to help (and therefore provide ‘balance’ - although an alternate extreme viewpoint does not really balance…), NO!

They left (or only return in the shadows as guests), occasionally returning to post a couple of lines or hit a downvote with no explanation or counterpoint.

At its core this is a technical forum, intended to give a place for technical discussion by those that either have expertise or an interest; the proliferation of “my driver/team is better than….”, is an offshoot that tends to consume the most moderation time (and contributes the least to the forum).

I now spend more time reading through to see if moderation is required (through threads that bring me little joy) than I do reading & contributing in those that I do.

…and I am also biased against all teams/drivers….
I have to say, i have been here for 15 years and 4 years before i was an un registered user. I direction this forum is going with the moderations is unprecedented in the last 1 year. Its always good to self critic and self analyse what is best for the froum, rather than following examples from reddit/facebook etc.

lh13

siskue2005 wrote:
27 May 2022, 10:33
So, if you think calling out a troll and hate post for what it is, is so distressing to you that you need to reply to me twice or even thrice! So clearly who is the 9 year old here. I will keep calling out trolls and haters for what they are.
Oh I'll keep replying to you, because I don't have a problem with disagreeing someone and neither do I have a problem with this form. But it looks like you need to make up your mind, or ask an adult, whether you want to leave F1technical or stay here
siskue2005 wrote:
I have been in this forum since 2007 thats 15 years, unlike you who probably was a banned user with their 5th or 6th new account with unlimited google emails. So just keep your semantics to yourselves, i know what to do.
Your 15 years of being a member here don't mean s**t to me or anyone else, because what matters is that you haven't grown up even after all these years. You can't get more childish than this.

And please, keep saying whatever you want to say, I don't mind you, I just disagree with you.

siskue2005

lh13 wrote:
27 May 2022, 10:56
siskue2005 wrote:
Oh I'll keep replying to you, because I don't have a problem with disagreeing someone and neither do I have a problem with this form. But it looks like you need to make up your mind, or ask an adult, whether you want to leave F1technical or stay here
siskue2005 wrote:
Your 15 years of being a member here don't mean s**t to me or anyone else, because what matters is that you haven't grown up even after all these years. You can't get more childish than this.

And please, keep saying whatever you want to say, I don't mind you, I just disagree with you.
Its plane and clear to see who here is childish and crying and throwing toys out of the pram when being called what they are :lol: a troll :shock:
Keep crying mate :D

lh13

siskue2005 wrote:
27 May 2022, 11:19
lh13 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

Its plane and clear to see who here is childish and crying and throwing toys out of the pram when being called what they are :lol: a troll :shock:
This is what you people do these days.

Call everyone trolls and haters.
Anyone who disagrees with you, again call them trolls and haters.
Run to mommy (read: mods) when things get out of hand, and threaten to leave.
Blame mommy (read: mods) for not helping you out, and you still don't leave.

Rinse. Repeat.

But hey, nobody is stopping you. Carry on :lol:

siskue2005

lh13 wrote:
27 May 2022, 11:27
siskue2005 wrote:
lh13 wrote:

Rinse. Repeat.

Thats the most childish comment i have read here :lol:
I am sure you will keep posting childish comments again and again. And also will keep blaming others are childish :lol:
Its time to go back to bed and have some milk.
Or lets wait for another childish crying post from you :lol:

lh13

siskue2005 wrote:
27 May 2022, 11:30
lh13 wrote:
27 May 2022, 11:27
siskue2005 wrote:

Rinse. Repeat.

Thats the most childish comment i have read here :lol:
I am sure you will keep posting childish comments again and again. And also will keep blaming others are childish :lol:
Its time to go back to bed and have some milk.
Or lets wait for another childish crying post from you :lol:
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Maybe this sort of entertainment will keep you around :wink:

hollus

What is the point in all this last bit of the discussion?
The original question has been answered, so maybe time to lock.
Rivals, not enemies.