2022 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 01 - 03

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Schuttelberg

Re: 2022 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 01 - 03

Tvetovnato wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:27

So they hoped the softs would degrade quickly for Sainz, implying that they wanted to have Charles ahead in the end…? So why not swap positions in the first stint then? I really hoped their strategy department was sharper after the 2018 debacles, but no…
Very honestly, either Binotto thinks the world watching are fools or he is one! My 8 year old nephew was praying for Ferrari to box Sainz simply because he was convinced Charles was going to box and retain and the worst case scenario for Sainz was to be 3rd if the double stack got messy but it would still give him enough opportunity to get the 1-2 for the team. Poor guy was in tears when he saw Leclerc was left out. Even that young boy knew how the race was unfolding without any fancy gizmos these guys have.

In his post race Binotto said that they were looking to retain track position. Well, this isn't Monaco Mattia! He has been a sham of a leader and for mine Laurent should be simply the only one running the team.

It literally felt today that Charles was the no.2 and trailing Carlos in the WDC and Ferrari were somehow trying to get Carlos to win!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Schuttelberg

Aesop wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 21:20
ringo wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:12
chrisc90 wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:59

George causing a huge crash
Vettel hitting back of Albon sending him into the pit wall
Charles hitting Perez by sending it up the inside

And people still find something to twist about Max. Ridiculous.
Causing an accident is not the same as dirty driving. Dirty driving is intentionally putting another car in danger to maintain or gain on advantage. None of those incidents you mentioned were even close. George maybe, since he closed the door on Gasly, but that was knee jerk reaction. Max intently squeezed Mick. Charles and Perez, just clumsiness.
Good to see Hamilton hit the apex in Copse with Leclerc this time. Last year he sent Verstappen in the hospital and forced Leclerc of track there.

Talking about dirty driving 😂😂😂
Hamilton is the best driver of his generation but a sore loser and most of his acts of sportsmanship are for the cameras. His true self often gets revealed in high pressure scenarios or when one of his rivals/nemesis has a bad day. I was not surprised at his little potshot at Max. Last year, the crash was completely his fault and to belittle Max about it on a bad day for him while a hostile crowd was booing him was all part of the Hamilton show and typically him.

I still remember last year how he was desperate to suck up to the crowd at Zandvoort and the moment anyone boos him how he and his fans get all sensitive.

He is one of the many great sportsman who are very bitter and sour and I think it is honestly okay because sportsman are competitive and all that but his portrayal as this holy messiah is pure BS.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

ringo

Tvetovnato wrote:

So they hoped the softs would degrade quickly for Sainz, implying that they wanted to have Charles ahead in the end…? So why not swap positions in the first stint then? I really hoped their strategy department was sharper after the 2018 debacles, but no…
Maybe they were considering Hamilton and Checo with that statement.
For Sure!!

chrisc90

Personally, I dont think we should be giving these protesters the oppertunity of air time to a global platform. Which was clearly their aim today. Well done Sky for not showing it, aside from in teds notebook after the race. I wonder if it would make people question the integrity of F1 if people can easily run onto the track, especially when the police, venue, and F1 knew there was a high risk of it happening. Should never of even got onto the track IMHO.

MtthsMlw

DAMNINice wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 21:18
Any news on Albon ?

ringo

Silent Storm wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:58
ringo wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Charles hitting Perez by sending it up the inside

And people still find something to twist about Max. Ridiculous.
Causing an accident is not the same as dirty driving. Dirty driving is intentionally putting another car in danger to maintain or gain on advantage. None of those incidents you mentioned were even close. George maybe, since he closed the door on Gasly, but that was knee jerk reaction. Max intently squeezed Mick. Charles and Perez, just clumsiness.
Max didn’t have consistent downforce, part of it was out of his control. The balance was changing constantly. Being in points in the slowest car (after damage) was great for him. It’s amazing how Sainz reported the debris but nobody cleared it.
Max can correct a 360 spin at 150mph with his eyes closed. He was in full control of his car vs Mick. I don't doubt that for a second.
For Sure!!

Sieper

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 21:18
taperoo2k wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:21
PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 19:07
Clumsy by Ferrari, but at least Sainz broke his duck. Exciting race in the last few laps.
Sainz took the race into his own hands, and ignored the Ferrari Pitwall's instructions he back up to give Leclerc space on the restart. Had he done so, we'd have probably seen a different winner. Pretty ballsy move there by Sainz and shows how weak Ferrari's pit wall decision making is.
I can't help but feel Ocon should be penalized for "fixing" the race there. He had so much time since the problem to roll into the pits. Probably was trying to help Alonso there.
That was a car failure, Ocon had no control over it. If it not mistaken his car shuddered to a halt along the old start/finish straight. I'd guess the drivers are not allowed to use the old pit lane unless instructed to do so by race control. You've made a pretty silly accusation there. When an F1 car comes to a halt, it pretty much locks up and you can't move it without outside help.
Latiffi still on zero points after all of that! Crazy races like that don't come around so often; he wont get a chance like this again.
That's just the way things go in racing, sometimes it just doesn't quite come together. In fact you could argue that things just haven't come together at all for Latiffi throughout his F1 career.
Ocon's car was shuddering to a halt well before the pit entrance!
Indeed, he was at the old pit complex. Nothing he could do. Not even anywhere to go.

Sieper

ringo wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 21:33
Silent Storm wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 20:58
ringo wrote:

Max didn’t have consistent downforce, part of it was out of his control. The balance was changing constantly. Being in points in the slowest car (after damage) was great for him. It’s amazing how Sainz reported the debris but nobody cleared it.
Max can correct a 360 spin at 150mph with his eyes closed. He was in full control of his car vs Mick. I don't doubt that for a second.
He went quite far, maybe even a bit over the line. But so did many others and Max should be the only one penalized?

After this weekend, lost the pole due to yellow
Lost the start of the race lead due to red.
Made the pass on Sainz and again lost the race lead and had major DF loss due to debris that was failed to be collected after it was already reported. I thought safety was paramount?!

Then trying to hold on for dear life.

I saw many people make fouls that could have been penalized, should have been. Yet Max should get punished a bit more, as the only one.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

Sieper

I thought so. Again the stupid (in how they fought, not that they fought) alpha tauris (Tsunoda) causing pain for Max.

Aesop
Aesop

Schuttelberg wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 21:27
Aesop wrote:
ringo wrote:

Good to see Hamilton hit the apex in Copse with Leclerc this time. Last year he sent Verstappen in the hospital and forced Leclerc of track there.

Hamilton is the best driver of his generation but a sore loser and most of his acts of sportsmanship are for the cameras. His true self often gets revealed in high pressure scenarios or when one of his rivals/nemesis has a bad day. I was not surprised at his little potshot at Max. Last year, the crash was completely his fault and to belittle Max about it on a bad day for him while a hostile crowd was booing him was all part of the Hamilton show and typically him.

I still remember last year how he was desperate to suck up to the crowd at Zandvoort and the moment anyone boos him how he and his fans get all sensitive.

He is one of the many great sportsman who are very bitter and sour and I think it is honestly okay because sportsman are competitive and all that but his portrayal as this holy messiah is pure BS.
Fully agree. At Zandvoort last year the crowd was very respectful towards Hamilton, this year I feel it might get uglier. Especially after this pathetic dig at Verstappen after the race today. Verstappen is no saint, but he doesn't claim to be. Hamilton on the other hand...

ringo

Schuttelberg wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 21:27
Aesop wrote:
ringo wrote:

You come across as the bitter and sour one with these baseless statements about true self. Almost as if you are profiling the poor guy.

Listen to the pit radio, and you will know which driver gets miserable when there is a little problem with the car or another competitor challenges him.

A little spec of debris panicked him and destroyed his race.

What if he lost a wheel? Where is the bitterness? :lol:

For Sure!!

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

ringo wrote:
03 Jul 2022, 21:29
Tvetovnato wrote:

Maybe they were considering Hamilton and Checo with that statement.
Well either way, Sainz was in the same boat as them, hence the same outcome to be expected.

prendrefeu
prendrefeu

chrisc90 wrote:
Correct. On replay, multiple times, George was/is the origin of this multi-car incident.
chrisc90 wrote:
Unavoidable given the available braking distance against the acceleration at the start. You can see Vettel locking up all 4 brakes immediately and still hitting Albon (who was also trying to avoid rear-ending someone else, but not veering to the side to give more space behind him. It was unavoidable.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

After watching the highlights one can see what a great drive Leclerc had on older and harder tyres while Perez and Hamilton were on fresh and softer tyres. They should have breezed past him but he schooled both of them with a damaged front wing.

Max was mega keeping the car on track after losing half the downforce. Damage limitation when bad luck hits.

This was a good race for the number 2 drivers of top 3 teams
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...