2022 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 01 - 03

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2022 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 01 - 03

Zhou crash. Spectator view

πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

PlatinumZealot

Perez is really shaping into a championship contender now. He may not have the ultimate speed but he could have the luck to steal it!
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

f1jcw
f1jcw

prendrefeu wrote: ↑
03 Jul 2022, 22:06

Correct. On replay, multiple times, George was/is the origin of this multi-car incident.
Incorrect for me.

On the overhead I saw Gasly trying to force himself inbetween a decreasing gap.

Evo2racer
Evo2racer

Quantum wrote: ↑
03 Jul 2022, 19:30
ringo wrote: ↑
03 Jul 2022, 19:25
Hamilton driver of the race for me. Applying the pressure in a slower car.
Perez.. i'm not sure, just had the fastest car and got lucky. I was surprised he did not win the race after the SC. But he should have been penalized for his antics.
What today revealed though..is Leclerc is on 10 different levels to Sainz. And this is why it was wise for Ferrari to give the Sainz the win. Get the monkey off his back, satisfy his self esteem and chip on the shoulder, then let him know he owes them one and he needs to support Leclerc going forward.
Sainz is happy, but today he learned how much faster Charles is. Charles had a broken car and did the time delta in no time while Sainz was struggling to do it to stay ahead. It's chalk and cheese. Leclerc is very impressive. Super talented!

Max.. was very strong and smart up to the accident. But is to miserable and grumpy when things don't go his way.

Hamilton showed why he is the GOAT. I don't think we fully appreciate what took place today in that dog of a car. the W13 was pressuring the strategists of both redbull and ferrari. You don't see any midfield team ever doing that to a front running team. Had Ocon not fixed the race for Alonso, Hamilton may have been able to overtake both Sainz and Leclerc with the hard tyre delta of 10 laps.

Russel showed his inexperience and also his sense of entitlement. He caused that accident because he wanted so badly to be up the front on the first lap. Then he also tried to do politicking to get his car back on the grid. Once the engine cuts out, and the driver cannot start the car, and its on 3 wheels.. Why does he think he deserves to restart?

Anyhow I am not blaming Ferrari. They made the right decisions. Hamilton would have won if they stacked the cars.
The bias lives strong with this, cmon man.
How is Russell showing entitlement?
Hyperbole on drivers does nobody any favours, by all means worship Hamilton if you like, but at the expense of others?

Ham drove well today, but calling the much improved W13 a dog is also, absolutely nonsensical.
Thanks a lot for being very fair in your comments!

I Fully agree with you that the W13 is far from a dog today and it shows with the best lap of the race !

Evo2racer
Evo2racer

AMG.Tzan wrote: ↑
03 Jul 2022, 19:46
Hamitlon can't battle Perez for some reason! Can't believe he's been bleached so many times by Checo now...

He shouldn't have let the inside open even to the slightest! Perez took the opportunity and left Hamilton and Leclerc behind. Same thing happened on the restart...! Hamilton could have won this today were it not for the safety car! Perez lost him so much time both at the start and at the end of the race...

A shame we didn't get the first start classification! I feel a Verstapen vs Hamilton battle was brewing and it would have been epic around Silverstone again!!
Fully agreed !
I don’t understand why recently Sir LH hasn’t been able to race wheel to wheel with Checo. Especially now that there is (sadly) no title @ stake for Sir LH this year !

Regarding the grid positron I also agree. It’s too bad the rules were changed recently…

Unbelievable to see that the first start of the race was just scrapped like nothing happened!

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
Weak defense by Lewis. He's too kind in defending when the other drivers are not gentlemanly in their battles.
I feel the same watching him these days, but almost half the grid didn't see the chequered flag today, other drivers were to be frank driving like desperate idiots that had he matched them, he'd possibly not have seen the flag either.

George already bombed out hard and lost a lot of points and money.

He was just doing the right thing knowing what the car could do and made sure it came home through all the madnees.

Thats not to say that I wish he wasn't so tentative, but who knows how important reliability and consistency will be this year.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

GrizzleBoy wrote: ↑
03 Jul 2022, 23:13
Weak defense by Lewis. He's too kind in defending when the other drivers are not gentlemanly in their battles.
I feel the same watching him these days, but almost half the grid didn't see the chequered flag today, other drivers were to be frank driving like desperate idiots that had he matched them, he'd possibly not have seen the flag either.

He was just doing the right thing knowing what the car could do and made sure it came home through all the madnees.

Thats not to say that I wish he wasn't so tentative, but who knows how important reliability and consistency will be this year.
The age of open server simracing etiquette is apparently here to stay. Just wish the FIA could officially acknowledge it so all can choose to drive dirty instead of just some.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

03 Jul 2022, 22:45
Zhou crash. Spectator view

https://twitter.com/_markgallagher/stat ... FglmsDz6ZA
I thought it was just me when I watched the replay on the TBlV, but where the hell was the roll hoop???

The halo structure around the monocoque entrance was the only thing left stopping Zhou being smeared across the gravel like a crayon.....

Some huge questions need answering there.

Hope that's not how Alpha Romeo found all their weight saving and managed to be the only team toake minimum weight.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

03 Jul 2022, 22:46
Perez is really shaping into a championship contender now. He may not have the ultimate speed but he could have the luck to steal it!
He is not allowed to win unless verstappen is out of it. Wont happen.

chrisc90

Hammerfist wrote: ↑
03 Jul 2022, 23:34
Says who?

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

GrizzleBoy wrote: ↑
03 Jul 2022, 23:13

Yes. Ham has become too risk averse but he equally makes it very hard to take him out of a race. When is the last time lewis retired bcause of an incident? Monza last year but that was against max who attempted to crash him out multiple tines that season. Lets keep it real. Hamilton does not want contact with anyone. Hence the overly conservative wheel to wheel driving we see from him nowadays.

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

chrisc90 wrote: ↑
03 Jul 2022, 23:39
Says who?
Says all the races ive been watching the last couple of years with perez relegated to be the butler? Where have you been?

AMG.Tzan

Says who?
Really??

First of all Perez can't even match Verstapen under normal circumstances! But even if he did, Marko and Horner are fully behind Verstapen so they won't let anyone wind him up and make him make mistakes! Remember what happened with Ricciardo...

Red Bull never supports both of its drivers! They did the same thing with Vettel back in the day even though Webber was fully in the championship fight...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

AMG.Tzan wrote: ↑
03 Jul 2022, 23:44

Says who?
Really??

First of all Perez can't even match Verstapen under normal circumstances! But even if he did, Marko and Horner are fully behind Verstapen so they won't let anyone wind him up and make him make mistakes! Remember what happened with Ricciardo...

Red Bull never supports both of its drivers! They did the same thing with Vettel back in the day even though Webber was fully in the championship fight...
Redbull supports the faster driver. Supported Vettel when he was fast then Ricciardo when he was beating Vettel and now Max. This is much better than what Ferrari are doing with Charles.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

fritticaldi

There are high res pics circulating on the web showing Guanyou Zhou roll bar sheered off when the car was inverted! Is it the housing compartment of the camera that weakens the structure of the roll bar ?