2022 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Enstone
Enstone

Re: 2022 Alpine F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 15:28
The issues are largely chassis and aero. Drivers have stated several times that the PU feels good.
You can add Tyre Deg comprehension.
Hope one day they will fight with the frontrunners would be awesome for the show...
But still need to fix these issues, nothing can tell if they will be able to do so maybe there gonna be stuck to 4th at the constructor championship.
The step is really high just to catch Mercedes who's 3rd so just imagine the amount of work to be one day 2nd or even 1st !

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

i really think that reliability apart, alpine is closer to mercedes than it is to the midfield in terms of raw pace

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

zoroastar
zoroastar

JordanMugen wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 08:26
selvam_e2002 wrote:
24 Jul 2022, 07:42
It seems you are not liking Alonso in Alpine.
I like Alonso in Alpine, he is doing a good job, but Alpine have to find a place for Piastri if^ they want to keep Piastri (and, of course, the Williams place is most likely for Sargaent, which is only logical for Williams, so is not an option for Alpine). After all Alonso himself debuted as a young driver, not as a 25-year-old... Just as 2003 for Enstone was all about what is best for Alonso, 2023 for Enstone is all about what is best for Piastri, no? :)

It was bad enough that Alonso had to spend 2002 as reserve driver like Piastri is in 2022... Now it is implied that apparently Alonso, just like Piastri, should have spent 2003 & 2004 as reserve driver as well while a safe veteran like say Alesi drove the Renault? :wtf:

If Alonso would not have been better prepared for 2005 by three seasons as reserve driver, how can Piastri be better prepared for 2025 by doing three seasons as reserve driver?! :shock:

^If, on the other hand, Alpine would prefer to drop Piastri as Piastri's talents in 2023 are inferior to Alonso's talents in 2003 that is totally fine, and they are more than welcome to do so. :)
so you would take Piastri and Sargent over a Fernando Alonso? you have to be kidding me. the only guarantee that alpine has with putting Piastri into the alpine next year is that they will be saving money on a salary. which they will most likely lose in endorsements, not having a driver like alonso in the team. history is full of promising young drivers that couldnt cut it in f1, and there are very few drivers at the age of 41 that are still a known commodity, and can win championships. preparing for the future where drivers are concerned is overrated. you think Alpine will be doing horrible damage to their future team if they dont sign Piastri right away, when Alpine should be doing everything they can right now to give Alonso a car that can compete with ferrari and redbull. future Alpine is for the future. i want to see them doing something now, and putting anybody other than Alonso in that seat is just rolling dice.

also, when was the last time that a factory team in F1 had any real trouble finding a good driver when they needed one? but how many WDC's are out there. it would be a shame to lose one when they are still on that level. it may be years before they run across another.

max_speed
max_speed

I dont know if someone posted it before but found this video comparing Alonso vs Ocon :

JordanMugen

zoroastar wrote:
30 Jul 2022, 03:50
you think Alpine will be doing horrible damage to their future team if they dont sign Piastri right away
I don't think that at all, Alpine are welcome to release Piastri to go join the Red Bull or Ferrari junior programs. I think it doesn't make sense for Alpine to keep Piastri as reserve driver for not just one but anywhere up to five seasons, assuming Alonso wants another two-year extension after this two-year extension.

If you have no intention of Piastri driving for Alpine until 2027 then let Piastri go off and drive for somebody else, and don't be cross when Piastri replaces Gasly and later Perez and does very well as a Red Bull driver!

Gasly going to a works Aston Martin team (since he is never going to be promoted back to Red Bull) and Piastri getting a full release to go drive for AlphaTauri would make a lot of sense for all parties, since it doesn't seem that Alpine want to put Piastri in their own car anytime soon.

zoroastar wrote:
also, when was the last time that a factory team in F1 had any real trouble finding a good driver when they needed one?
There's lot of examples of that:

Jaguar with Pizzonia, Webber and Klien
BMW-Williams with Pizzonia and Webber
BMW Sauber with Kubica (rookie)
McLaren-Mercedes with Hamilton (rookie), Kovalainen (nearly a rookie), Wurz (journeyman)
Toyota with Kobayashi (rookie), Glock, Da Matta, Panis, Salo -- no WDCs among them
Renault with Button (nearly a rookie), Alonso (nearly a rookie), Kovalainen (rookie), Piquet Jr (rookie), Petrov (rookie), Palmer (journeyman)

zoroastar wrote:
i want to see them doing something now, and putting anybody other than Alonso in that seat is just rolling dice.
Was Renault rolling the dice by putting inexperienced Alonso in instead of a veteran like Jean Alesi? :?: :wtf:

Likewise McLaren rolling the dice by replacing veteran Alonso with rookie Norris? :?:

Obviously the idea is to build your own WDC, but if Alpine don't want Piastri to drive the car that's fine, they should release him to pursue other opportunities.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

What happen to Alonso in Q3. He should be in p3 atleast.

Bisonas

Alonso sounded really frustrated at the end of Q3 when his engineer told him he is 6th behind Norris and Ocon. His response was "Unbelievable". I am pretty sure he is more frustrated that Ocon ended up in frond of him than Norris getting in front of him. I am expecting some very very interesting first laps tomorrow. He knows if he is behind Ocon after the first laps things are gonna get tough. Truth to be told though, Ocon through all qualifying sessions was getting suggestions of things to try from his mechanic following what Alonso was doing. I know this is, normal and its happening all the time, and Ocon is very good trying new things in order to go faster and faster, i just wanted to point out, that Ocon is a very very lucky driver driving along side Alonso atm. Alonso is making him a better driver for the future. Kudos to Ocon for having the ability to learn things, adapt and up his speed as the weekend progresses. Racing and racecraft though, is another thing . It takes much more time to master. In this track though track position can be more important than racecraft if the differences in performance are minimal.

Ocon may be lucking some speed compared to Alonso this year, but we have to acknowledge that he is truly trying his best to go faster and faster and this is very very good for Alpine.
Last edited by Bisonas on 30 Jul 2022, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

So alonso did not make any mistakes. Because his q2 time is faster than Q3

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Bisonas wrote:
30 Jul 2022, 17:32
Alonso sounded really frustrated at the end of Q3 when his engineer told him he is 6th behind Norris and Ocon. His response was "Unbelievable". I am pretty sure he is more frustrated that Ocon ended up in frond of him than Norris getting in front of him. I am expecting some very very interesting first laps tomorrow. He knows if he is behind Ocon after the first laps things are gonna get tough. Truth to be told though, Ocon through all qualifying sessions was getting suggestions of things to try from his mechanic following what Alonso was doing. I know this is, normal and its happening all the time, and Ocon is very good trying new things in order to go faster and faster, i just wanted to point out, that Ocon is a very very lucky driver driving along side Alonso atm. Alonso is making him a better driver for the future. Kudos to Ocon for having the ability to learn things, adapt and up his speed as the weekend progresses. Racing and racecraft though, is another thing . It takes much more time to master. In this track though track position can be more important than racecraft if the differences in performance are minimal.

Ocon may be lucking some speed compared to Alonso this year, but we have to acknowledge that he is truly trying his best to go faster and faster.
Perfect example Hamilton as he learned from Alonso in 2007

Bisonas

selvam_e2002 wrote:
30 Jul 2022, 17:36
So alonso did not make any mistakes. Because his q2 time is faster than Q3
He was fighting the car a bit more, at some corners. That's it. The margins are minimal.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Okay

max_speed
max_speed

I was so excited for a top3 start before it all went away in Q3. Ocon being ahead makes it more painful

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Yes it is. Let's hope Alonso pass ocon and Norris at start

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

another loss of power for alonso in q3.

this is unbelievable