2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
lio007

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Any information whether it was PU2 in the car yesterday or it is reusable for other races?

A great result today and maximum damage limitation :)

chrisc90

lio007 wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 16:56
Any information whether it was PU2 in the car yesterday or it is reusable for other races?

A great result today and maximum damage limitation :)
Not sure. Cant see it being terminal though.

I imagine a fully set of components and PU will be took at the next race

ringo

The best team in the business today. The strategic team are top notch.
Max also operating like a robot. He just gets results once the car is free of issues.
He is on his way to breaking Vettel's 13 wins per season I think.
He will not be challenged by anyone.
For Sure!!

BlueCheetah66

The strategy today was masterful from the team. Their second pitstop was at the perfect time. Forced Ferrari into making a decision. As much as you can fault Ferrari's strategy team you have to commend Red Bull for putting Ferrari under pressure at the right time. As long as they keep being given a car good enough to challenge, this Race Team can make up whatever deficit they might have. That's the kind of quality that will keep a team competitive for years on end

Sieper

ringo wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 17:49
Max also operating like a robot. He just gets results once the car is free of issues.
And he already lost a very likely British GP win due to picking up the debris. It is quite astounding indeed. The team really helped him here today. After yesterday that was very good for the spirit.

A really enjoyable race, very tense, lots of clean overtakes, good and poor strategy, or maybe better said, understanding of the tires and set up.

Sieper

ispano6 wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 16:50
Amazing job by Max and the team! Such amazing car control to collect himself after the spin. Car was amazing, as was the PU.
And Perez was right there at the best moment, otherwise he would have gotten behind Russell likely.

Gillian

Sieper wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 18:26
ringo wrote:
31 Jul 2022, 17:49
And he already lost a very likely British GP win due to picking up the debris. It is quite astounding indeed. The team really helped him here today. After yesterday that was very good for the spirit.

A really enjoyable race, very tense, lots of clean overtakes, good and poor strategy, or maybe better said, understanding of the tires and set up.
For sure, absolutely thrilling race and perfectly executed. Enjoyed it thoroughly, well done Red Bull.

etusch

before the race I was thinking Ferrari one two with quite big margine and Vers at podium. Result is very unexpected for me

Sieper

To me as well. I was hoping P4 since overtaking can be so difficult here. Boy was I wrong.

chrisc90

I was quite far off.
chrisc90 wrote:
30 Jul 2022, 17:35
Russells podium to lose tomorrow. I really dont think the car has the pace for the win, which would be nice to see Russell take his first win.

Ferrari's weekend to make good gains on both the WCC points and the WDC for Charles to pull back a few points to Max. its Charles' time to make up for last weekend now and claw back 10-13points to Max.

Redbull need a miracle tomorrow in the race. Pace wise they seem to have a good car but be interesting to see how well they can get back through the field.
chrisc90 wrote:
30 Jul 2022, 17:43

Agree with that. Would take a miracle, or get very lucky with a safety car. I think a podium is just about within reach for him.

I wasnt expecting Max to do anywhere near as well as he did. Ferrari threw it away

Wouter

Credits again for the team’s Head of Race Strategy Hannah Schmitz !! =D> =D> =D>

Together with Will Courtenay, the two are responsible for the tactical choices of the Austrian team. The two alternate,

so that one of the two is always present on the track, the other works from the factory in Milton Keynes.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Red Bull planned to start Hungarian GP on hard F1 tyres

Red Bull has revealed that it originally planned to start Formula 1's Hungarian Grand Prix on the hard tyres,
in a move that would almost certainly have derailed its victory charge.

With Max Verstappen starting down in 10th on the grid after his engine problem in qualifying, and team-mate Sergio Perez one place further back, Red Bull's simulations had shown that the best route to deliver a good result was to have a long first stint on the hard.

But difficulties that both drivers had in switching even the soft tyre on en route to the grid prompted Red Bull to scrap its initial idea.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/red-b ... /10346884/
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

I found that crazy they considered that.

JUst shows how important that pit open laps are and listening to the drivers.

I think the simulations would have been lines of harder to overtake on this track, as it always has been. The cars following more closely discarded that from previous years. So RB might need to make a few tweaks to their sim in that respect.

ispano6

Definitely starting on softs was the way to go. I had actually been hoping for it seeing that starting from 10th and 11th would require dicing through the field. With the cool temps the Hards were always going to be a struggle to get into the window, and the weather played to RedBull's favor in that regard. So glad to see the strategists realized this too! Max was good to stay out of trouble at the start and Checo also sacrificed himself in some ways too with not impeding Max or fighting him aggressively. I watched the entire race onboard Max's cam and he had many moments where he had to correct. That spin was a bit of a shocker watching it as it happened, so those saying he had it easy really don't know what they are talking about. His was the champions drive!

mendis

Red Bull have now landed in a position where they can start doing track work of the parts for the next year's car. One car can focus on quali/race work, which would be Max and Perez can be used on Fridays for next year's development work.