Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RedNEO

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Big Tea wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 10:16
Is Dan in agreement too? which would mean Renault are also
I mean they don’t really have a choice lol.. massive cock up by Rossi and Otmar.. the scenes at Alpine right now..

Big Tea

RedNEO wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 10:22
Big Tea wrote:
I mean they don’t really have a choice lol.. massive cock up by Rossi and Otmar.. the scenes at Alpine right now..
If Alpine were not agreed to taking Dan, Pieastri would not have a seat at Mclaren, and it sounded like Alpine could possibly been mad enough to block this.

TBH Dan is always going to be a better fit there this year, but you know how things go when your mad.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

djos

Big Tea wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 10:25
RedNEO wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
If Alpine were not agreed to taking Dan, Pieastri would not have a seat at Mclaren, and it sounded like Alpine could possibly been mad enough to block this.

TBH Dan is always going to be a better fit there this year, but you know how things go when your mad.
The FIA contract board said Alpine don’t have a leg to stand on. So Mclaren could do whatever they liked as long as they buy out Daniels contract or come to some arrangement with him. It’s not Daniels contract that was scrutinised by the CRB.
Last edited by djos on 05 Aug 2022, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
"In downforce we trust"

RedNEO

Big Tea wrote:
RedNEO wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

Daniel doesn’t have to go to Alpine but McLaren probably hope he does so they don’t have to buy him out of his contract. If I was Alpine I would take him though he’s the best choice they have, presuming he actually wants to go there

djos

RedNEO wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 10:28
Big Tea wrote:
RedNEO wrote:

Daniel doesn’t have to go to Alpine but McLaren probably hope he does so they don’t have to buy him out of his contract.. if I was Alpine his the best choice they have presuming he actually wants to go there
Despite the initial awkwardness, Daniel left Renault on good terms. So it shouldn’t be an issue to have him back.
"In downforce we trust"

RedNEO

It would have actually been less awkward if Cyril was still there imo they got on quite well. The Renault boss Luca will have to accept it.. this leaked early so we have to wait for all the statements to be prepared.

djos

RedNEO wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 10:39
It would have actually been less awkward if Cyril was still there imo they got on quite well. The Renault boss Luca will have to accept it.. this leaked early so we have to wait for all the statements to be prepared.
True, he even got his promised tattoo at the end of last year.

https://amp.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... VPyen.html
"In downforce we trust"

RedNEO

Sevach wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 10:11

It seems like Alpine didn't trigger the 2023 option in time, leaving Piastri open.
Alpine management:

Sevach

Big Tea wrote:
Renault-Alpine doesn't get a say on where Piastri drives anymore, they dropped the ball.
Now they need a second driver, be it Daniel, Gasly or Pourchaire...

Daniel needs to settle things with Mclaren.

Big Tea

Sevach wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 10:52
Big Tea wrote:
Renault-Alpine doesn't get a say on where Piastri drives anymore, they dropped the ball.
Now they need a second driver, be it Daniel, Gasly or Pourchaire...

Daniel needs to settle things with Mclaren.
(and to the guys above)

What I mean is that without the seat at Alpine for Dan, Is it likely he would give up his Mclaren seat?
In this case there would be no seat for Piastri because Dan has his bum in it already. Yes he could go else where, but would he have

I can not help but think it strange that everything has fallen nicely into place where everyone got what they wanted but it is not what anyone says they wanted.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sevach

Mclaren (just like they did at Indycar) is hiring people and resolving things after.
Ricciardo still needs to settle(as far as we know), he has a valid contract and i think he's gonna demand some money to be moved.
After that he's gonna be free to take the Alpine seat.

Redragon

Sevach wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 11:14
Mclaren (just like they did at Indycar) is hiring people and resolving things after.
Ricciardo still needs to settle(as far as we know), he has a valid contract and i think he's gonna demand some money to be moved.
After that he's gonna be free to take the Alpine seat.
The Aussie scam (just a joke) how the three aussie on the sport are in charge. Piastry to Mclaren and Ricardo getting paid for not driving if he wants. It was his last year at Mclaren anyway

Well played to the three of them.

RedNEO

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mcla ... /10349014/
McLaren is believed to have signed Piastri initially on a reserve driver deal for 2023, one that it intends to upgrade to a race seat, assuming that a plan for Ricciardo’s early exit is eventually agreed.

Ricciardo has a firm McLaren contract for next season as part of the original three-year deal that he signed in early 2020, while still at Renault.

Ricciardo and the team will now have to agree a settlement involving a substantial pay-off in order for him to walk away at the end of this season.

He is understood to have no interest in moving sideways into the team’s Formula E programme, and is determined to find another seat in F1.
So Ric wants a F1 seat I guess.. could be Haas or Alpine maybe even AR

RedNEO

It would be ironic if after all this Piastri ends up getting Vandoorned by Norris lol

aran.vtec

Alpine should agree to Daniel if Mclaren pays his salary for 2023