2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mendis

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 03:05
Wouter wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 21:35
AR3-GP wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 21:16
I apologize for any unpleasantries I've contributed. I just felt some were speaking in bad faith, that's all.
No need to aplogize! You did nothing wrong!
Other than accuse others of hatred where it was not warranted. A simple "here is where everyone said "thanks Sergio"" would have done the job. Accusing others of hatred does nothing for the forum.
Is that important for you that a driver should publicly recognize the help he received on track? I fail to see a point there, so asking.

Wouter

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 03:03
chrisc90 wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 21:26
Im sure Max called Checo a Legend over the radio for his defence at AD.....With a response of 'Absolute animal'
That's great. That's the sort of thing I hoped to hear.
Max would not have won the title, even after a great season, without Sergio. That it was recognised is great to hear. Thank you.
"That's the sort of thing I hoped to hear." ??!

If you had listened to Max more often last year, you would have heard that already last year.
He said that in every interview during the week after the Abu Dhabi race and also during the race on the radio in front of the whole world.

Max praised Sergio during the whole season and when he became WC he also said immediately:

"And @schecoperez, you were an animal today 💪 december 12, 2021."

Read the second paragraph below the IG photo.

The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 03:03
chrisc90 wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 21:26
Im sure Max called Checo a Legend over the radio for his defence at AD.....With a response of 'Absolute animal'
That's great. That's the sort of thing I hoped to hear. Max would not have won the title, even after a great season, without Sergio. That it was recognised is great to hear. Thank you.
No need to be bitter and sarcastic really though is there?

Dont think any other team/driver has come out and said they won the title without the help of their team-mate. As others have said and posted proof, Max congratulated Checo for his efforts as a team-mate throughout the season, in his tweet at end of AD and a interview shortly after in Dutch.

Onto title #2 for Max ;)

Big Tea

I think he would prefer 'here Checo, take this few million and a seat for next year, well done'
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

bigjj wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 03:01
Is there any definite news on the ERS upgrade?
Has the original upgrade plan changed?
No, nothing has changed. Everything will go as planned, upgrades for chassis and ERS system.
The Power of Dreams!

mendis

Big Tea wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 11:44
I think he would prefer 'here Checo, take this few million and a seat for next year, well done'
Even if Max does exactly that, do people want to him to do it in public? Is doing such a thing in public is the only thing that satiates "someone on internet"'s hunger?

Big Tea

mendis wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 11:52
Big Tea wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 11:44
Even if Max does exactly that, do people want to him to do it in public? Is doing such a thing in public is the only thing that satiates "someone on internet"'s hunger?
That he gets re-signed is public recognition of their satisfaction. Ask Albon, Gasly, and several others who only had one year. I donr think they make a public 'thing' out of it because its the product they are advertising not the personality.
They boost Max because he is their icon.

politburo

Had a random thought just now, Verstappen will go down as the greatest F1 driver of all time.

He is only 24 but has 28 wins in 6 years, which is more than Rosberg, Button, Raikonnen, Hakkinen, and Stewart amongst many. Has only 4 wins less than Alonso, 25 away from Vettel. Of course, Lewis and Michael are the GOAT benchmark but at this current rate in these new regs, if RedBull continues like this which is almost certain they will, it will allow him to win 10-13 races a year and will get him to Schumacher in ~7 years, he'll be 31. And add onto that he beat an in-prime Hamilton last year and an all-time qualifier like Leclerc this year it bolsters his case. But his lack of Qualifying dominance compared to Vettel, Schumi and Hamilton may be the main detriment.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

chrisc90

politburo wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 18:13
Had a random thought just now, Verstappen will go down as the greatest F1 driver of all time.

He is only 24 but has 28 wins in 6 years, which is more than Rosberg, Button, Raikonnen, Hakkinen, and Stewart amongst many. Has only 4 wins less than Alonso, 25 away from Vettel. Of course, Lewis and Michael are the GOAT benchmark but at this current rate in these new regs, if RedBull continues like this which is almost certain they will, it will allow him to win 10-13 races a year and will get him to Schumacher in ~7 years, he'll be 31. And add onto that he beat an in-prime Hamilton last year and an all-time qualifier like Leclerc this year it bolsters his case. But his lack of Qualifying dominance compared to Vettel, Schumi and Hamilton may be the main detriment.
Of course he will be. You only have to look at some of the things Max has done in his time in F1 at his age to realise he's on a record breaking run/challenge.

politburo

The only caveat is if future regulation changes will affect the pecking order, or if Mercedes come back to the front, which are the only things that curbed Vettel's GOAT trajectory as well.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

chrisc90

politburo wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 19:38
The only caveat is if future regulation changes will affect the pecking order, or if Mercedes come back to the front, which are the only things that curbed Vettel's GOAT trajectory as well.
Mercede's will need a mighty good driver to replace Ham when he retires (which I personally see in next 2-3 years) and your going to have some of the younger talent, Max, Lando, George etc all at their peak. I think Max is a notch ahead of all the younger talent at the minute and that will only continue.

Of course a huge question of whether the car will be good, but being RB they will always make a decent car. We have this rule/regulation set until 2026 I believe and RB have got a awesome base to build with going forward.

Big Tea

politburo wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 18:13

In the days of Stewart there were only 6 - 9 GP per year. You cannot compare on pure numbers, just like poles and wins for Hamilton

Sieper

This site made an effort to at least try and calculate via comparable standards.

https://www.formula1points.com/alltime

It will forever remain incomparable however you look at it, but this is a nice effort. Max is still around the overall number 10 points scorer of all times at age 24.

I don’t think it takes into account the number of races in a year.

Sieper

politburo wrote:
That was a dominant Mercedes and Vettel. I don’t think that Mercedes will become dominant, unless they really do have FIA in their pocket and I think Hamilton is, and was, better than Vettel. Not so against Max.

Big Tea

Sieper wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 20:48
politburo wrote:
That was a dominant Mercedes and Vettel. I don’t think that Mercedes will become dominant, unless they really do have FIA in their pocket and I think Hamilton is, and was, better than Vettel. Not so against Max.
Having two good scorers in Mercedes worked against Max too as when Lewis misses a pole often Bottas would pick it up, or it would have gone to Max. RBR have not had a double act for some time so a missed pole went to another team