[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2022 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
k.ko100v

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2022 (Grand Prix Cars)

LVDH wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 08:44
k.ko100v wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 15:48
variante wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 07:38
Mate, you made me freak out. The deadline is yet to be hit.
The original deadline was sunday evening (as usual), but the mail titled "DELAYED!" talked about two days of delay.
Interesting that I haven't receive any email, probably my team hasn't registered successfully. Anyway my car is not ready to be submitted tonight. In this regards, AFAIR there was an option last season, that gives the chance to be used once for the whole season for later sending of the stl files. Is it still available for this season and how much time it will give?
I accept this message as you pulling the late delay card. Now you still have almost a day to go. This night, I need your submission.
I will send you the submission link as DM.
Unfortunately I already gave up from this race. The car is still not finished. Promise to be online for the next race, as there is enough time.

Good luck to everyone. There are some great looking cars!

CAEdevice

It looks I am the only one without sidepods louvres and with fully extended sidepods.

jjn9128

some interesting concepts there, congrats everyone. One or two seem to have found the trick (or at least one of them) with the F1 style underbody tunnel with strakes.... wonder how long it'll take the rest to catch on :wink: :lol:
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

variante

Nice. New interesting details emerge from those images. All cars seem to be respectably designed.
But i'll call Max's car as the winner of this round.

jjn9128 wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 22:04
some interesting concepts there, congrats everyone. One or two seem to have found the trick (or at least one of them) with the F1 style underbody tunnel with strakes.... wonder how long it'll take the rest to catch on :wink: :lol:
Are you not participating this year?
And it seems like GCBB is also missing. What a pity...

yinlad

Couple of anteaters, a couple of platypuses and a lot of different sidepods. Very exciting stuff. Koldskaal didn't disappoint with the expectation of something wild as usual 😄

edit: Oh god my mirror mounts are missing :shock:

Now I'm concerned what else I may have missed... Oh no
Last edited by yinlad on 06 Aug 2022, 00:05, edited 2 times in total.
MVRC - Panthera

jjn9128

variante wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 23:32
Nice. New interesting details emerge from those images. All cars seem to be respectably designed.
But i'll call Max's car as the winner of this round.

jjn9128 wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 22:04
Are you not participating this year?
And it seems like GCBB is also missing. What a pity...
No time unfortunately. Plus CAD and CFD is a little bit too much like work.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

yinlad

CAEdevice wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 20:02
It looks I am the only one without sidepods louvres and with fully extended sidepods.
I did start there tbf, but couldn't make the cooling target so did some chopping
MVRC - Panthera

CAEdevice

jjn9128 wrote: No time unfortunately. Plus CAD and CFD is a little bit too much like work.
I can understand, I use CAD and simulations tools for work and MVRC it's like training for me, but considering that the results are pubblic and I am using my company name, I hope to not make bad impressions. It would be interesting to see a car designed by you.

variante

LVDH wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 18:14
I have something for you:
When should we expect the results? This weekend or next one?

LVDH

variante wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 12:52
LVDH wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 18:14
I have something for you:
When should we expect the results? This weekend or next one?
I am afraid, it will not be done this weekend. The following one should work. I encountered many problems, even user error with my own software #-o . At least MFlow will soon receive a new check, thanks to that.
And just a small tip for you guys, do not place special surfaces like engine inlets right on top of another surface. Please place such a surface a few mm away from other surfaces and make sure it intersects surrounding geometry.

LegendaryM

I wasn't able to to make the deadline as I was really busy last month, but I've had some free time recently to make my car for the next round. Image

I've registered under the name Tolo Racing, hopefully I'll get a download link to the CFD package soon. I'll have to wait and see till then if the cooling design is too optimistic.
MRVC: Tolo Racing

jjn9128

LegendaryM wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 11:58
I wasn't able to to make the deadline as I was really busy last month, but I've had some free time recently to make my car for the next round. https://i.imgur.com/nYRDUYa.png

I've registered under the name Tolo Racing, hopefully I'll get a download link to the CFD package soon. I'll have to wait and see till then if the cooling design is too optimistic.
Holy $h!t :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is EPIC!!!!

You might benefit floor load and tyre displacement by pressurising around the top of the floor LE though!
#aerogandalf

variante

jjn9128 wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 13:41
That is EPIC!!!!
That is Legendary!!!!

Gotta love the ingenuity combined with proper modeling.

I just fear those gills might upwash the hell over that rear wing.
And, having no sidepods, it might be harder to control front wing upwash (check out how Mercedes is dealing with that).

LegendaryM

jjn9128 wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 13:41
Holy $h!t :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is EPIC!!!!

You might benefit floor load and tyre displacement by pressurising around the top of the floor LE though!
Thanks! I think with the MVRC rules theres a lot space to do whatever you want above the floor there, but I'm going to wait and see what the general flow direction is around there before adding anything.

variante wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 14:38
That is Legendary!!!!

Gotta love the ingenuity combined with proper modeling.

I just fear those gills might upwash the hell over that rear wing.
And, having no sidepods, it might be harder to control front wing upwash (check out how Mercedes is dealing with that).
My idea with this cooling position was to be able to exhaust the cooling air in a good position, in between the rear wing and beam wing. Hopefully there should be a good amount of downwash there. If the loss from the gills interacts with the rear wing I'll have to change things.

I think in general there's a philosopical question about how important outwashing the front wheel wake is for MVRC compared to Formula 1. With a real car there will always be some corner condition where the car is yawing and the wheels are steered which will result in the wheel wake going under the floor - so pushing it further out will give benefits in this condition. But my understanding is MVRC is just looking at straight ahead, 0 degrees yaw, so we are optimising for a very different condition to a Formula 1 car.
MRVC: Tolo Racing