General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Bill

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

but romored Honda deal is bigger than that of porche.so if they getting hesitant of porche deal they will be horrified of Hondas

Cassius

Wouter wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 12:12
Cs98 wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 11:49
Wouter wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 10:56

Yes, Max was running the new ERS system and this was a token of gratitude for Honda.
Perez didn't have that and was much slower, but drove great.
I think they were running identical specs.

And it has yet to be confirmed from a credible source there even is a new ERS upgrade.
You may think what you will think. I know what I know.
Why do you think power unit chief Makoto Yoshino was on the podium? For Fun?!
You know nothing, you think you know as everything points to a new ERS. Gap, Honda man on podium, engine upgrade while it was not needed etc. I think the same, but there is still no official source who has confirmed it.

Wouter

Cassius wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 14:34
Wouter wrote:
Cs98 wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 11:49

I think they were running identical specs.

And it has yet to be confirmed from a credible source there even is a new ERS upgrade.
You know nothing, you think you know as everything points to a new ERS. Gap, Honda man on podium, engine upgrade while it was not needed etc. I think the same,

but there is still no official source who has confirmed it.
Yes, there is. So I know what I know. Wait a few days and it will be announced.
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Wouter wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 14:54

Guess the team will come out and say they ran it in spa once the deadline has been passed and designed sealed.

I’m pleased your always spot on with accurate information

Cs98

Wouter wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 14:54
Cassius wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 14:34
Wouter wrote:

You know nothing, you think you know as everything points to a new ERS. Gap, Honda man on podium, engine upgrade while it was not needed etc. I think the same,

but there is still no official source who has confirmed it.
You don’t know, and you can’t point to a credible source confirming they have a new ERS. Stop spreading nonsense information. All we currently have are rumours and Erik van Haren who is the most reliable RB journo in the paddock saying there was no update at Spa.

What you want to be true and what is true are two different things.

organic

Please be civil. People in the paddock exist and they do talk to people outside. You find on this forum many dedicated fans of various teams who will go to lengths to get tidbits; it would not surprise me if Wouter had found information that is not available publicly, but don't want to compromise their source. It happens frequently, from personal experience. Erik van Haren just puts out whatever he's told directly by RB - he's essentially a mouthpiece for the team. That can be manipulated.

Wouter

organic wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 17:21
Please be civil. People in the paddock exist and they do talk to people outside. You find on this forum many dedicated fans of various teams who will go to lengths to get tidbits; it would not surprise me if Wouter had found information that is not available publicly, but don't want to compromise their source. It happens frequently, from personal experience. Erik van Haren just puts out whatever he's told directly by RB - he's essentially a mouthpiece for the team. That can be manipulated.
You are spot on @Organic. 👍
The Power of Dreams!

TNTHead

Wouter wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 18:16
organic wrote:
Interesting indeed, although I understand when people are taking it as unconfirmed rumour or speculation.

If the upgraded ERS is installed it would be a perfect explanation for the strange riddle why Perez were so off the pace of Verstappens.

Juzh

TNTHead wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 19:19
Wouter wrote:
organic wrote:
Interesting indeed, although I understand when people are taking it as unconfirmed rumour or speculation.

If the upgraded ERS is installed it would be a perfect explanation for the strange riddle why Perez were so off the pace of Verstappens.
Even if Verstappen really did run new ERS (unconfirmed so far, apart from what we've read here) there's just no way it could be worth that much laptime. No chance. Honda had a major upgrade even late last year on their ERS systems, additional 8 tenths or so gain in such short timeframe is completely unrealistic.

Wouter

TNTHead wrote:
Wouter wrote:
organic wrote:

I understand it too that people think that I am speculating or spreading a rumour.
But I think it is disrespectful to say "You don’t know" and "You can’t point to a credible source confirming they have a new ERS"
and " Stop spreading nonsense information".

The fact that I I don't want to reveal my source doesn't mean I am spreading nonsense information.
I am sharing what I know and that isn't a rumour, it is a fact.
One may or may not believe this, but there is no need to falsely accuse me then.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Juzh wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 19:23
TNTHead wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Even if Verstappen really did run new ERS (unconfirmed so far, apart from what we've read here) there's just no way it could be worth that much laptime. No chance. Honda had a major upgrade even late last year on their ERS systems, additional 8 tenths or so gain in such short timeframe is completely unrealistic.
You underestimate the power of Honda @Juzh. :wink: :D They worked very hard last season and this season, because nothing can be changed after September 1. With this final result they have to run it for years to come.

Max drove not only with a new PU, but also with a heavily revised rear suspension, which allowed him to handle the car better than Perez. The car did exactly what he asked it to do.
Perez likes understeer more and Max likes oversteer more. Later Perez also drove the hard tire and Max the medium tyre.
Also Max likes to drive the old school layout of this circuit. Perez likes more to drive on street circuits.

PS> Max's car, which in terms of steering is easier through the bends, is simply faster. He can handle the loose back very well.
Perez can't handle that very well.
A lot of understeer often means braking sooner and therefore slower, but Perez likes that.
The Power of Dreams!

NL_Fer

Can’t stop thinking the Honda big bosses look at the results and ask their subordinates to buy the team, only to get the respons that Porsche beat them already, big bosses eat their hats. If Redbull announces a deal with Porsche, I will suspect we will see a return of McLaren-Honda.

Cs98

organic wrote:
Yes, they talk to people like Erik van Haren. He can be manipulated… as opposed to the ever reliable anonymous forum writers, who never have ulterior motives or biases. I think I’ll lean towards the journo on that one.

I don’t know for sure if there is an ERS upgrade or not. I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to it. But this rumour has yet to be 100% confirmed or denied. The best information publicly available right now suggests there wasn’t one yet at Spa. If anyone has other information they are welcome to provide it. But just asserting you know and not providing a source is nonsense. This is a technical forum, not a wishful thinking group therapy session.

AR3-GP

Wouter wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 10:56
Sieper wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 10:48
ispano6 wrote:
28 Aug 2022, 16:45
Nice to see our Honda engineer on the podium with Max in Spa!!! Awesome work Honda!!!

(power unit chief Makoto Yoshino)
When I saw that I immediately felt like this is an "admission" (without confirming or denying anything) that Max was running the new spec ERS? Of course, could just as well juts be a token of gratitude overall.
Yes, Max was running the new ERS system and this was a token of gratitude for Honda.
Perez didn't have that and was much slower, but drove great.
I am impressed. That is a big amount of trust to run the new ERS in Max's car first and Alpha Tauri have been having so many issues.

chrisc90

Tbh, wazari said there would be a lighter chassis and a big ERS upgrade after the summer break. That information wasn’t backed up with sources.

Let’s face it, it’s not like RB are going to come over to a forum full of enthusiasts and say this is their plans, this is what we going to run at xyz GP or this is when next upgrade is due by. If you go by that pretentious then you would never see any creditable information, unless it’s from a journalist in the paddock who even gets stuff majorly wrong (red bull/Ferrari flexi plank cheating having a huge effect for a example)

Why would wouter or wazari say their source of information? Wazari has said he’s moved away from the F1 side of the team - however he still has access to information…. Which is always concise and reliable.

Guess we’ll see come the weekend whether the ERS upgrade was introduced in Spa. If max doesn’t take a new penalty, then same to assume he ran the new spec