2022 Dutch Grand Prix - Zandvoort, Sep 02 - 04

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
chrisc90

Re: 2022 Dutch Grand Prix - Zandvoort, Sep 02 - 04

Same old story from a minority of fans.

It wouldn’t surprise me the people who are behind it are also the ones who were behind the Dubai comments last year.

ispano6

Probably some of the people on this very forum saying or agreeing to the same toxic comments here. The VSC caused by Yuki wasn't a factor that disadvantaged Mercedes this race. In fact Hamilton changed to a more desirable medium compound that made him faster than Max on Hards and should have led to an exciting battle that may have seen Hamilton pass Max "on merit". The Alfa Romeo took that away.

Cs98
Cs98

ispano6 wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 17:58
Probably some of the people on this very forum saying the same toxic comments here. The VSC caused by Yuki wasn't even a factor that would have affected the outcome of the race. In fact Hamilton changed to a more desirable medium compound that made him faster than Max on Hards and should have led to an exciting battle that would have seen Hamilton pass Max "on merit". The Alfa Romeo took that away.
Well it did affect the race, undoubtedly. But that's not evidence of a conspiracy.

There's a lot of bottom feeding going on here. People taking out their (impotent) anger their team is not currently succeeding by coming up with outrageous conspiracies. Cheating allegations against RB are becoming the soup du jour of this forum. What is brewing for next week I wonder?

Sieper

Yuki caused Max to not win Silverstone, caused trouble in Canada crashing at pit exit! (Deliberate people would say if it benefitted Max, which it did not) as did Gasly multiple times during his AT stint.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

AMG.Tzan wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 23:45
Can’t really understand why pit Russel! They should have let him defend from Verstapen and maybe Lewis could escape a bit! At least they would have got away with a 2-3!

Russel has got lucky on so many occasions this year and he’s never been truly faster than Lewis! Apart from that this is clearly Verstapen’s year….nothing seems to ever go wrong for him even with the VSC and SC! I expect him to achieve 15 wins this season and break the record!
Mercedes sometimes feel like they are the old Mercedes from before. In the past Hamilton could keep other behind on older tires. But now they are not fast enough.

mendis
mendis

organic wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 17:45
Twitter was a mistake
Indeed.

basti313
basti313

NL_Fer wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 18:59
AMG.Tzan wrote:
04 Sep 2022, 23:45
Can’t really understand why pit Russel! They should have let him defend from Verstapen and maybe Lewis could escape a bit! At least they would have got away with a 2-3!

Russel has got lucky on so many occasions this year and he’s never been truly faster than Lewis! Apart from that this is clearly Verstapen’s year….nothing seems to ever go wrong for him even with the VSC and SC! I expect him to achieve 15 wins this season and break the record!
Mercedes sometimes feel like they are the old Mercedes from before. In the past Hamilton could keep other behind on older tires. But now they are not fast enough.
This is why they made the strategy errors. They went for track position at the SC instead of pitting, which was according to the team radios a predefined strategy. They went into the race with wrong assumptions just like Ferrari did in Hungary with the hard tire...and simply did not adopt to what was happening on track.
At least Rus corrected the error with his input.
Don`t russel the hamster!

chrisc90

That strategy call was on par with some of Ferrari’s this season.

They could have had 2 cars on the podium. No idea what they really expected with a 10 lap dash on medium tyres vs the rest of the grid on softs.

Not the first time they have done similar and won’t be the last, only time it might work is Monaco.

Mercedes have this fantasy about track position.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Interesting.

They make a post being upset with people making accusations of dishonesty, while also making statements like "we have always competed independently".

As if everyone hasn't been watching Toro Rosso/Alpha Tauri drivers wave Red Bull drivers past in races for years and years.

vorticism

We've been getting predictable behavior seeing engine parity arise, while watching other car differentiators return to the fore. This fanbase hasn't been able to admit the Mercedes power unit exists for eight seasons now. Eight years of gymnastics. This present them a conundrum. Since they cannot acknowledge the existence of the Mercedes power unit or other engineering strengths that the team may have had, they must devise other, often grandiose, explanations for when their preferred team or driver is winning or losing. This gets taken to extremes f.e. what happened with Masi leading to the fan abuse initiatives.
𓄀

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

GrizzleBoy wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 21:52
Interesting.

They make a post being upset with people making accusations of dishonesty, while also making statements like "we have always competed independently".

As if everyone hasn't been watching Toro Rosso/Alpha Tauri drivers wave Red Bull drivers past in races for years and years.
It's not too much different to FErrari and Mercedes junior drivers waving their motherships through.

The key is AT are saying they are not race fixers. They don't bring out safety cars to benefit RB. That's absurd.

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Chuckjr

Great thoughts here in the forum. Been enjoyable to read. Thank you.

Max was going to win no matter what happened with safety cars and virtual. He had the speed to beat anyone. It was the same with the Mercs for years and years before this.

The call for softs was a cunning, smart move by Russell. That bought him a well deserved 2nd. Ham missed that one. Went right over his head.

RB seem to be really hitting stride and this will carry to next years car and thereafter. I’m really smelling hints of the Vettel RB era happening again. But I think Max has a better head on his shoulders, is more aggressive, and will likely break all of Vettel’s records from RB as a result. Max’s temperament will carry him further into the record books.

Merc insists to continue with their fundamentally flawed design, and this only will set them back next year as RB will be even faster. Their podiums this year deceive the actuality of the car, and if they buy into them, and carry this turd pod nonsense to next year, their gonna pay.

If Merc abandon turd pods at the end of this year, they start where RB was at the start of 2022. Certainly their concept will be in its own way different to the other large side pod cars, so they will have a massive learning curve like all the others have dealt with this year...but Merc will be just starting that curve next year.

Either way, stay with it, or abandon ship, they are trying to polish a turd or they are beginning as rookies with a new aero concept. They are literally following a dead end now, and the further they go, the further behind they will be. It reminds me of when Ferrari started with too small a turbo in the new power unit era, and lost years of time futzing with turbos. Looks like Merc is going to spend years futzing with turd pods. 🤷‍♂️

Ferrari can’t get out of their own way. It’s been utterly tragic to see them this year. They have real management problems there. Where’s the Patrick Head types because that’s what they need. I think their design has the most potential, but if you can’t get the right tires out, nor call good strategies, doesn’t matter how good your aero — you’re going to lose. They must solve their problems. Now. RB is only going to be much faster next year. It’s inevitable with Newey.

That was a bush league move by Ham on Russell when passed at the end of the race. Could have take both cars out. Ridiculous.

Big time rookie mistake on the restart by Ham. Big time. The car and situation seem over his head this year. He can’t seem to handle the pressure well and continues to make basic mistakes. He almost went sideways on the touch at the start of the race for god sakes. He needs to just calm down. Get his head back, or retire. I think Merc prospects in the future will only serve to tarnish his career because it will expose him so much. Time will tell.

Monza will be a Merc bloodbath with their boat anchor aero. Question is if Ferrari can step up enough to win? I don’t think so but I hope I’m wrong.
Watching F1 since 1986.

jz11
jz11

That Hamiltons move when Russel was about to pass him seems be his trademark, it was mentioned before by others, he kind of hesitates before making the move on the last possible moment, kind of trying to spook the other driver and make him more cautious (thus less dangerous to him), like baiting the other driver, and then shutting the door when they are about to commit, either that, or he is suffering from indecision in his old age :)

maxxer
maxxer

I dont understand all the negativity around here if you just look at the results of this race. You have RB and Mercs in the top Ferarris also and Alpine.
Yes Max is running away away for this years drivers champion so be it. races are more fun more close and more hard , but commentary on tv is totally biased to me.
Lewis never ever stood a chance anyway so Sky people please back off, get Nico to do commentary in future he is not biased at all like those english lot. Russel got 2nd place.