2022 Dutch Grand Prix - Zandvoort, Sep 02 - 04

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
CHT
CHT

Re: 2022 Dutch Grand Prix - Zandvoort, Sep 02 - 04

chrisc90 wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 00:02
Both drivers on softs would have almost guaranteed them both on the podium.
Podium may not be enough for Lewis, hence that will also end up with another controversy as to why Merc rob Lewis a chance to win.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

The chances of Mercedes winning a race this year at the remaining tracks after the Dutch GP are as good as nil, because as their number 44 star have said, a driver needs the car to win races, or something to that effect. And he was talking from previous experience as regards winning races.

mendis
mendis

ringo wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 03:31
Mercedes wants a win. I dont think they are counting points at this stage. Only Russel is. But i think we have seen enough to know who is the better driver, even if Russel does end up with more points. He has been quite lucky this season. Lewis' crash with alonso sort of cancelled out Russel's crash in Silverstone.

So far Lewis has been the only guy looking to threaten redbull and thats even including ferrari drivers. Russel has wits, and is quick, but he's lacking a tiny little bit. Hard to put a finger on it, but i knew the race was lost once he put the softs on.. there was no way he was going to come close to Max. I felt he did that move thinking he could win. It wasnt about keeping the podium.

As for what would happen if both stayed out?
Well Max would not being in Hamilton's DRS. And that may have allowed Lewis to have a tiny bit more of a chance to win.

I do think they are getting closer to a win however, but i cannot say which remaining teacks will suit the W13.
You think George was so dumb to think he can win, knowing Max was already on Softs and he himself would come out behind Max with Softs?

CHT
CHT

ringo wrote:
Mercedes wants a win. I dont think they are counting points at this stage. Only Russel is. But i think we have seen enough to know who is the better driver, even if Russel does end up with more points. He has been quite lucky this season. Lewis' crash with alonso sort of cancelled out Russel's crash in Silverstone.

So far Lewis has been the only guy looking to threaten redbull and thats even including ferrari drivers. Russel has wits, and is quick, but he's lacking a tiny little bit. Hard to put a finger on it, but i knew the race was lost once he put the softs on.. there was no way he was going to come close to Max. I felt he did that move thinking he could win. It wasnt about keeping the podium.

Well Max would not being in Hamilton's DRS. And that may have allowed Lewis to have a tiny bit more of a chance to win.

I do think they are getting closer to a win however, but i cannot say which remaining teacks will suit the W13.
When young Jorge Lorenzo got promoted to MotoGP and join Fiat Yamaha as Valentino Rossi teammate, there was no doubt that Rossi was the better rider. But that didnt stop Lorenzo from beating Rossi and eventually winning the championship after 2 years

George has done a fantastic job, and he has achieved something which many of ex Lewis teammates couldn't. Before the 2022 season, how many would have thought Russell could still be ahead of Lewis with just 7 races remaining?

IIRC, at the restart, Lewis was P1 while Charles with a slower car than Max was in P4. Hence there is no reason to believe that Max will struggle to over take Lewis and both Merc will be on the podium unless we believe that Russell will do a better job than Lewis in defending, or George should risk his career to help Lewis win a race for 2022

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Dont get how Max and RB fans still deny that they have the best most Dominant package.

May be the dominance is not like of the mercs level sply on car/engin front but overall combination , Car+driver+wingman+diver priority+sharpness in strategy+ sharpness in pits+ adaption to different situations + regular updates on car etc . if we add all that the combination is head & Shoulders above the rest.

Those wins from 10th, 15th looked like a cakewalk

Godius

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 09:18
Dont get how Max and RB fans still deny that they have the best most Dominant package.

May be the dominance is not like of the mercs level sply on car/engin front but overall combination , Car+driver+wingman+diver priority+sharpness in strategy+ sharpness in pits+ adaption to different situations + regular updates on car etc . if we add all that the combination is head & Shoulders above the rest.

If you want a realistic car package comparison then all you have to do is observe the drivers standing and look for the number 2 drivers of all the teams.

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Shal_Leg16 wrote:

Yeah, that's what I don't understand.
I am a RB (and Max fan) and I'm proud we have a dominant car, however big that advantage is! Who cares if it's not comparable to Mercs 14-20 era, mostly helped with dominant PU! This still feels as utter obliteration of the opposition! Thanks God, finally!
The only times Ferrari were faster are those races at beginning of year (Bahrain and Australia) and the set-up cock-up in Austria race. In neither of those 11 races that they won, I never had a doubt they might not win it (ok, maybe not Monaco due to non-existent passing opportunities for Max).
The team and RB18/Max combination just oozes confidence and competence this year.

Big Tea

ringo wrote:

I think that by the time the Mercs had warmed their tyres up Max would have been passed and way down the road.
Once the safety was out, the mercs were always going to be looking at the podium at best
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Godius wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 09:41
Shal_Leg16 wrote:

If you want a realistic car package comparison then all you have to do is observe the drivers standing and look for the number 2 drivers of all the teams.
To be honest i didnt get your point. Secondly standing wise Perez is 3rd while Sainz is 5th , even though Sainz has not been the (official ) wingman ,insted Ferrari gifted him a win at Silverstone. so i disnt get what you are trying to conclude.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Shal_Leg16 wrote:

That’s what most have been saying. The PACKAGE is dominant but as many have pointed out, the car hasn’t been particularly stand out until Spa. Whatever happened, be it TD39 or RB18 having improved front end. It’s shifted the balance a bit. But Zandvoort was still INCREDIBLY close and if it wasn’t for Max, the RB wouldn’t have been at the front of the pack.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 11:28
Shal_Leg16 wrote:

That’s what most have been saying. The PACKAGE is dominant but as many have pointed out, the car hasn’t been particularly stand out until Spa. Whatever happened, be it TD39 or RB18 having improved front end. It’s shifted the balance a bit. But Zandvoort was still INCREDIBLY close and if it wasn’t for Max, the RB wouldn’t have been at the front of the pack.
Max fans still outright deny it.

and on the car front RB have a better car for Race day ,the advantage 0is not as huge as Mercedes had but then RB perfectly know how to make the most of it. They are able to turn that decent advantage in to an easy/dominant victory regularly.

Gillian
Gillian

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 11:34
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 11:28
Shal_Leg16 wrote:

Max fans still outright deny it.

and on the car front RB have a better car for Race day ,the advantage 0is not as huge as Mercedes had but then RB perfectly know how to make the most of it. They are able to turn that decent advantage in to an easy/dominant victory regularly.
The only thing being denied is the silly statement about the CAR being dominant. Some are comparing it to the insane car advantage Mercedes have had like in 2014. That's so far from the truth you'd have to wonder why people are making such statements if for no other reason than a great dislike for Red Bull/Verstappen.

Aesop
Aesop

Shal_Leg16 wrote:

The combination indeed is, don't see Maxfans denying that. The car on the other hand hasn't been that dominant performancewise. Spa was the obvious exception. And I reckon we might see the Rb18 pulling away the remainder of the season.
It will probably lead to more downplaying of Max' incredible driving level, same happened to Hamilton in the utterly dominant Mercteam. Guess it's part of the game nowadays.

chrisc90

Not very good Toto giving fans the birdie… (middle finger)

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNKYXryd/

wogx

It was a reaction to someone shouting

"No Mikey Noo! No! Nooo Mikey! That was sooo not riiight!!"
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.