2022 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2022 Haas F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 03:27
They started the season with the 3rd-4th fastest car. They scored no results of note during that time period.
Exactly!

With the performance they found later in the season with the non-upgraded car, they could have actually won some early 2022 races.

Steiner is the problem. I never thought he was a very good leader. His results have proven me correct in that manner.

JPower

Swed3121 wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 20:28
Zynerji wrote:
02 Oct 2022, 18:38
Can we talk of calling for Steiners resignation now? Completely sacrificed 2021 for full 2022 development. They had more allowance than anyone under the regulations, and they are P8 in the championship.

What an utter disaster that he's made of this team and opportunity.😪
Sorry but that’s not even close to an accurate Assesment.

The 2 teams haas is currently fighting with are AMR and AT, they both have much larger budgets and much better facilities, staff, etc.

You can’t expect a team with the resources of haas or Williams to be on the level of McLaren/alpine , both of those operations have massive budgets (remember things like facilities and staff knowledge are built over decades, and have very little to do with the budget cap)

And as for the wind tunnel allowance, you have to remember that a team like RB may be develop a new wing in X amount of hours, it will take haas twice that as they don’t have the same experienced engineers, and can’t just run over to the manufacturing shop when they want to change something.
Correct. Not only that, Steiner was screaming from the rooftop that given Haas’s limited budget, Schumacher’s crashes were huge setbacks.

Had those crashes not occurred, they would’ve had more resources to allocate to development.

Swed3121

Zynerji wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 15:51
AR3-GP wrote:
They started the season with the 3rd-4th fastest car. They scored no results of note during that time period.
Exactly!

With the performance they found later in the season with the non-upgraded car, they could have actually won some early 2022 races.

Steiner is the problem. I never thought he was a very good leader. His results have proven me correct in that manner.
Im sorry but you are quite clearly not living on the same planet as the rest of us ( or at least consuming some plants the rest of don’t), there is absolutely ZERO chance of haas having the performance to win any race this year, or in fact any year since they joined and however much it displeases you , it’s doesn’t have much to do with who is the team principal

Zynerji

Swed3121 wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 06:40
Zynerji wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:
Exactly!

Im sorry but you are quite clearly not living on the same planet as the rest of us ( or at least consuming some plants the rest of don’t), there is absolutely ZERO chance of haas having the performance to win any race this year, or in fact any year since they joined and however much it displeases you , it’s doesn’t have much to do with who is the team principal
HAAS was qualifying in the top 8 with their launch car after others had brought 2+ updates to their cars. They are on record that it was about "understanding" the car, so we can speculate that if the leadership of the team had a better direction, they could have unlocked enormous performance in the first few races of 2022.

diffuser

Zynerji wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 16:22
Swed3121 wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

Exactly!

HAAS was qualifying in the top 8 with their launch car after others had brought 2+ updates to their cars. They are on record that it was about "understanding" the car, so we can speculate that if the leadership of the team had a better direction, they could have unlocked enormous performance in the first few races of 2022.
Don't forget they lost Mazaspin at the beginning of the year. Big chunk of their funding.
They're probably running at less than 75% of the CAP. He's probably prioritising making sure Haas makes it to every race as opposed to performance.

Sure it wasn't his choice to have 2 pay drivers last year.

Zynerji

diffuser wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 20:42
Zynerji wrote:
Swed3121 wrote:

Don't forget they lost Mazaspin at the beginning of the year. Big chunk of their funding.
They're probably running at less than 75% of the CAP. He's probably prioritising making sure Haas makes it to every race as opposed to performance.

I don't think losing Mazepin and his money hampered 2022 in the context in which I'm speaking. I am not talking of R&D or manufactured upgrades. I'm talking about harnessing the talent of the humans in the team to unlock performance from what they started with at the beginning of the season. That is an obvious deficiency in leadership that I see continuously in my line of work. (Showing 400-700% YoY gains by quickly fixing these issues is how I've fed my family for years).

HAAS has a leadership problem. I'm 100% convinced that a HAAS-Andretti tie up where Andretti ran the team would instantly show a HUGE improvement. Like Seidel exposed after Boullier was replaced for ruining the Honda partnership (no compromise, blame the other guy).

AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
Swed3121 wrote:

Wasn't the rumor that they took the funding already and didn't pay it back to Mazepin?

Hoffman900

I think Haas looks at the team as an investment. That doesn't mean they have to win.

This was Toto's beef with allowing Andretti to start a team and not expanding outside the ten teams, because it dilutes the value of the current teams and means splitting up the pot by more people. Now that Gene is "in", he can continue just hanging out and waiting for F1 to get more popular, and then cash out for more than he has in the team. Steiner isn't going anywhere as long as Gene Haas owns the team. The team was Guenther's idea and he went to Gene about it. He may not be the money end, but it's as much his team as it is Gene's.

The whole story on Guenther and his involvement is here:

Give it a listen.

diffuser

Zynerji wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 21:07
diffuser wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

I don't think losing Mazepin and his money hampered 2022 in the context in which I'm speaking. I am not talking of R&D or manufactured upgrades. I'm talking about harnessing the talent of the humans in the team to unlock performance from what they started with at the beginning of the season. That is an obvious deficiency in leadership that I see continuously in my line of work. (Showing 400-700% YoY gains by quickly fixing these issues is how I've fed my family for years).

HAAS has a leadership problem. I'm 100% convinced that a HAAS-Andretti tie up where Andretti ran the team would instantly show a HUGE improvement. Like Seidel exposed after Boullier was replaced for ruining the Honda partnership (no compromise, blame the other guy).
That's what Zak did. He got rid of Honda, a couple other execs and got Keys. Eric left on his own, he was disliked by the team. That stuff was already done by the time Seidel got there.

With Andretti you're getting a big infusion of money, so it wouldn't be a fair comparison. Plus. We don't know if they'd change the team principal.

My point was he's being asked to do things that Zak does over at McLaren. His job description isn't a standard team principal.

Zynerji

Zak came in to clean up the mess. Boullier refused to work with Honda when the engine manufacturer requested size increases to solve problems, and thus fracturing any semblance of a partnership. Much has been made of this on the run-up to the RBR move in 2020.

Andretti wants to run a team, not "hands off" own it like Gene Haas does. That's why there are so many racer-partners in the HAAS teams through various categories. Steiner is redundant in a HAAS-Andretti merger.

For all of the Steiner support, no one has actually explained what great things he has accomplished with a fabulous Ferrari tie up, Ferrari design engineers and an excess allocation of wind tunnel and CFD. They are currently in 7th position, fighting with the RBR school that we call Alpha Tauri. That deserves to be called out for what it is... Utter failure.

There is literally zero accomplishment worthy of his seat.

diffuser

Zynerji wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 02:58
Zak came in to clean up the mess. Boullier refused to work with Honda when the engine manufacturer requested size increases to solve problems, and thus fracturing any semblance of a partnership. Much has been made of this on the run-up to the RBR move in 2020.

Andretti wants to run a team, not "hands off" own it like Gene Haas does. That's why there are so many racer-partners in the HAAS teams through various categories. Steiner is redundant in a HAAS-Andretti merger.

For all of the Steiner support, no one has actually explained what great things he has accomplished with a fabulous Ferrari tie up, Ferrari design engineers and an excess allocation of wind tunnel and CFD. They are currently in 7th position, fighting with the RBR school that we call Alpha Tauri. That deserves to be called out for what it is... Utter failure.

There is literally zero accomplishment worthy of his seat.
Just one, they aren't bankrupt. There is a long list of dissolved F1 teams.

I have no clue if Steiner is any good and I'm not saying he is. What I am saying is he's getting paid to make it to each race and not for how high the team ranks in the constructors. Until that team has the money no point in judging Steiner on something he's not paid to do.

Is Eric Boulier another punching bag? His job title was Racing Director. The job description is "The race director has the 'overriding authority' in a number of areas during a grand prix weekend, working with the clerk of the course to give out orders. The race director controls practice, qualifying and the race, making sure that the timetable is followed properly".

You're thinking about Ron Dennis. I say 45% of the blame was Ron's and 55% was Honda. I blame Honda more cause if you spend close to a billion Dollars in F1 to advertise your brand and you end up making yourself look incompetent for 5 years?

Zynerji

Honda looked bad because McLaren (Boulier) wouldn't let them fix issues (see how good it immediately became in 2019 with STR).

Just "not going bankrupt" is a terrible positive statement. Its a minimum requirement. After 6 years in the sport, ANY sport, with such awful outcomes, the Coach needs to be replaced.

ScottR267

https://www.formulapassion.it/motorspor ... 1.html/amp

Haas major announcement for next Thursday in Austin. Could this be their driver line up or their new title sponsor announcement which Joe Saward says the team have signed

diffuser

ScottR267 wrote:
13 Oct 2022, 23:06
https://www.formulapassion.it/motorspor ... 1.html/amp

Haas major announcement for next Thursday in Austin. Could this be their driver line up or their new title sponsor announcement which Joe Saward says the team have signed
I read today AMUS said it's a new sponsor.

organic

Yea makes sense. It has been rumoured for a while they would have a "big" title sponsor coming. I think Saward mentioned it about a month ago and announcing it at Austin makes sense if the big sponsor is an American company