Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Redragon

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Ricardo has more chances to come back on a strong team if he race across Atlantic, williams definitely will buried any chances. So a strong year on Indy or two and the doors might open again

Shakeman

I’d put a healthy wager on Ricciardo not racing in F1 again beyond this season. After the drubbing at the hands of Norris for two years his stock is at junk level and if Ricciardo were to try Indy car he’d have to win it and the Indy 500 to be taken seriously again. I just don’t see it.

PlatinumZealot

chrisc90 wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 12:22
Danny has confirmed to Ted Kravitz that he wont be racing in 2023.
That's just words. They mean nothing in F1.
He knows his stock is low and his best chance is to act now or never come back.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Zynerji

Danny Ric would be HUGE with the ladies that watch NASCAR. I hope he comes here and runs with these guys. Indycar is cool in the US, but it has an F3 level following compared to NASCAR.

Just_a_fan

Zynerji wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 03:28
Danny Ric would be HUGE with the ladies that watch NASCAR. I hope he comes here and runs with these guys. Indycar is cool in the US, but it has an F3 level following compared to NASCAR.
Easy way to make money and get lots of swooning fame, but he'd know it's not the tier of motorsport he wants to be in.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Shakeman

I'm not at all sure Ricciardo is at all fussy about the level of motorsport he's competing in after all he has chosen big money deals over faster cars.

Zynerji's comments re: Ricciardo being HUGE with the ladies are entirely misogynistic. What about the ladies who enjoy NASCAR for the racing who also know motorsport who can see Ricciardo is nothing more than a B-Spec competitor? Will he be huge with them or just the empty airheads which you think watch NASCAR?

Zynerji

Just_a_fan wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 10:15
Zynerji wrote:
Easy way to make money and get lots of swooning fame, but he'd know it's not the tier of motorsport he wants to be in.
Meh. I take lots of contacts just for the money! 2 years isn't a terribly long time!

Just_a_fan

Zynerji wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 15:15
Just_a_fan wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
Meh. I take lots of contacts just for the money! 2 years isn't a terribly long time!
I think if Danny goes State-side he won't get back in an F1 car. There are too many drivers for the seats already. He needs to be around the F1 paddock chatting people up and keeping his name and face in the front of the teams' thoughts. Go to the US and he disappears from the F1 radar.

Zynerji

Just_a_fan wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 16:11
Zynerji wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

I think if Danny goes State-side he won't get back in an F1 car. There are too many drivers for the seats already. He needs to be around the F1 paddock chatting people up and keeping his name and face in the front of the teams' thoughts. Go to the US and he disappears from the F1 radar.
Do you feel he still thinks he has a legitimate shot to still be a multi-WDC? He's been weighed, measured, and found wanting.

Time to turn heel, and come play the arrogant "bad guy Aussie" that the WWE-type ladies LOVE in the US, and ride off into his 50s being an absolute super-star.

Just_a_fan

Zynerji wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 16:19
Just_a_fan wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

Do you feel he still thinks he has a legitimate shot to still be a multi-WDC? He's been weighed, measured, and found wanting.

Time to turn heel, and come play the arrogant "bad guy Aussie" that the WWE-type ladies LOVE in the US, and ride off into his 50s being an absolute super-star.
No idea what he thinks but he's worked his whole career to be an F1 champion and it's difficult to let that go. He's got plenty in the bank so it's not about the money now, it's about that possibility, however remote, of having another chance.

To be honest (and sounding like a snobby twat, admittedly), NASCAR is all a bit "Deliverance" when viewed from outside the US. "Squeal piggy!" :lol:

Zynerji

Just_a_fan wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 17:13
Zynerji wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

No idea what he thinks but he's worked his whole career to be an F1 champion and it's difficult to let that go. He's got plenty in the bank so it's not about the money now, it's about that possibility, however remote, of having another chance.

To be honest (and sounding like a snobby twat, admittedly), NASCAR is all a bit "Deliverance" when viewed from outside the US. "Squeal piggy!" :lol:
You should watch a 2022 road race. It might interest you. I'd dare say Aussie V8 series cool. They have finally come out of the stone ages of technology. It might be a thing!

Just_a_fan

Zynerji wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 17:50
Just_a_fan wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 17:13
Zynerji wrote:

You should watch a 2022 road race. It might interest you. I'd dare say Aussie V8 series cool. They have finally come out of the stone ages of technology. It might be a thing!
I do like the noise NASCAR makes, I'll say that. =D>

codetower

Just_a_fan wrote:
Zynerji wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

I agree. Look at Giovinazzi, he’s getting mentioned at least for the haas seat, maybe even the Williams. I think Danny is a better driver. Problem is, I think his WDC hopes are about done. Unless he lands at Ferrari, Mercedes or RB sans Verstappen (which wont happen), all he’ll get is a drive. I don’t see any other team producing a WDC capable car better than them in the next 3 years.

Zynerji

codetower wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 00:49
Just_a_fan wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

I agree. Look at Giovinazzi, he’s getting mentioned at least for the haas seat, maybe even the Williams. I think Danny is a better driver. Problem is, I think his WDC hopes are about done. Unless he lands at Ferrari, Mercedes or RB sans Verstappen (which wont happen), all he’ll get is a drive. I don’t see any other team producing a WDC capable car better than them in the next 3 years.
Yep. Sign now for Aston Martin after Fernando retires, and goto the US and collect more checks for a few years.

Zynerji

Shakeman wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 11:12
I'm not at all sure Ricciardo is at all fussy about the level of motorsport he's competing in after all he has chosen big money deals over faster cars.

Zynerji's comments re: Ricciardo being HUGE with the ladies are entirely misogynistic. What about the ladies who enjoy NASCAR for the racing who also know motorsport who can see Ricciardo is nothing more than a B-Spec competitor? Will he be huge with them or just the empty airheads which you think watch NASCAR?
I think you are looking for a reason to be offended. What do you have against redneck women that like good looking Australian men?? Do you even know what a woman is?🤔