How useless is sky sports f1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
chrisc90

Re: How useless is sky sports f1

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 19:30
I like the pitwall commentary. Too bad that Toto is busy in the garage smashing headphones and Binotto rarely says anything intersting.
Yeah! Definitely. It gives a small bit of insight into what’s happening. TBH, all teams should have to do it

astracrazy

Big Tea wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 14:32
astracrazy wrote:
05 Jul 2022, 13:42
Just_a_fan wrote:
04 Jul 2022, 17:26

Which is why they talk to Horner on the pit wall every 5 minutes, is it? And anything Horner says is taken at face value even if it's obviously guff.
Sky have done the pitwall thing for years but it seems the Horner is the only TP that will now take part (more or less). I see it as more evidence the feature needs scrapping that some sort of chosen bias. I never rated it anyway.
Do you think it is more Sky wanting to talk to the boss of the leading team? There was a time when Toto was on often and Otmar seemed to be on most weeks when his team was headline news, it is the obvious thing to do in my view. If you get the top man from the top team it is a headline?
Toto, don't remember him doing it? I'm sure it was just Otmar, Horner and Gunter. Now its just Horner.

I'm sure it just used to be a rotation thing, I never saw a link to anything else because they never used to ask those sort of questions during the race.

Always seemed a waste of time to me. They were never going to reveal thier next move, and only told us what we could already see but Crofty missed.

mendis

Red Bull would resume interviews to Sky from Brazil GP again after Ted "Kravitzed" it last weekend.

astracrazy

I've never heard so much praise from Croft and Ted over one weekend for Max. It couldn't be more obvious someone above them had a word.

mendis

How british media in general builds up illegitimacy to rile up the fans. From archives. Ted has tried to continue that legacy on "posthumous" basis.

It would be interesting to see if Ted would be in Brazil.

maxxer

Sky sports is like ryan air who will complain on the pa they are landing into an airport where they have to pay fees. This weekend they were so annoying they just dont stop talking while they have nothing but absolutely nothing to say they just wont shut up

Gillian

mendis wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 09:18
How british media in general builds up illegitimacy to rile up the fans. From archives. Ted has tried to continue that legacy on "posthumous" basis.

It would be interesting to see if Ted would be in Brazil.

I don't see anything their that isn't said on this same forum. O wait... :lol:

maxxer

Who else noticed all of them using the same words:
"Loud pedal"
"under rotation"
They look like a bunch of gypsy's on the pit walk now no one like to talk to a pensioned guy who never did well in his career
I like the W Formula lady and Rosberg when he joins he knows these cars

GrizzleBoy

It's crazy how things nobody really batted an eyelid at for over a decade can become main topics of discussion once they run foul of a person with a large die hard following.

wesley123

astracrazy wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 08:49
I've never heard so much praise from Croft and Ted over one weekend for Max. It couldn't be more obvious someone above them had a word.
Compensating for Dutch media.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

RonMexico

GrizzleBoy wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 12:02
It's crazy how things nobody really batted an eyelid at for over a decade can become main topics of discussion once they run foul of a person with a large die hard following.
It's a constant issue and plenty have complained about the bias over the past decade including myself.

It usually gets shouted down with patriotic rhetoric.

Croft is from the same town as Hamilton FFS and Kravitz is quite happy to make unedifying comments to undermine the non British drivers

aMessageToCharlie

maxxer wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 09:34
Who else noticed all of them using the same words:
"Loud pedal"
"under rotation"
They look like a bunch of gypsy's on the pit walk now no one like to talk to a pensioned guy who never did well in his career
I like the W Formula lady and Rosberg when he joins he knows these cars
Yeah, same. It's a shame Rosberg got exiled from the paddock for not taking the flu shot. He's one of the best commentators you can get but who cares about providing quality service to the paying fans.

mendis

GrizzleBoy wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 12:02
Is it a problem if it is being highlighted now? You expect the rot go on forever without anyone putting a foot down and refusing to accept it? Did anyone say the same thing to Lewis when he started supprting BLM that, oh this is going for centuries and why are you making it a main topic of discussion now in F1? A problem is a problem and not calling it out means encouraging it and asking to ignore it is being a party to it.

littlebigcat

I’m somewhat surprised that some people are surprised at a national broadcaster having a bias towards its own audience.

Remember Sky is a UK subscription service, their market will be first and foremost die hard F1 fans who are paying £50 a month to watch F1 alone on top of their regular Sky subscription.

If another broadcaster chooses to use their feed in other parts of the world then your complaint is with them not Sky.

I mind the days when Coultard was British if he was winning and a Scot if he made a mistake or lost. There is your real British bias.

MadMax

littlebigcat wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 15:06

I mind the days when Coultard was British if he was winning and a Scot if he made a mistake or lost. There is your real British bias.
Guessing you have Scottish roots? :lol: