How useless is sky sports f1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
chrisc90

Re: How useless is sky sports f1

daren_p wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 19:46
KeiKo403 wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 09:52
It’s rather hypocritical of Horner and Max though to want to boycott the outlet that let them spread so much drivel and hate for years because someone gave their honest opinion. It’s different when Max, Horner or Marko give their honest opinion on stewards, marshals, or the teams, drivers etc through said media outlet.
This has always been the Redbull way, when a Redbull driver does it, it's just good hard racing, when the same thing happens to a Redbull drivers, the other driver has a death wish/deserves a race ban/threatens legal action.
I mean before the official announcement, Christian was bang to rights for calling the other teams out for Slander.

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Who slandered Horner?

chrisc90

littlebigcat wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 20:51
Who slandered Horner?
Well when you have 2 teams Ferrari and Merc making slanderous unconfirmed comments towards RedBull then yeah....I think that falls under slander.

Jolle
Jolle

Few races away that Horner and Co are calling sky/outlets “fake news”?

the EDGE
the EDGE

chrisc90 wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 21:14
littlebigcat wrote:
Who slandered Horner?
Well when you have 2 teams Ferrari and Merc making slanderous unconfirmed comments towards RedBull then yeah....I think that falls under slander.
The only one I remember making doggy do up, is the man claiming RB didn’t break the budget cap

chrisc90

the EDGE wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 21:49
chrisc90 wrote:
littlebigcat wrote:
Who slandered Horner?
The only one I remember making doggy do up, is the man claiming RB didn’t break the budget cap
So you didnt have Mercedes and Ferrari team principles coming out making accusations towards Red Bull BEFORE the FIA announced the outcome of the findings then?

Im sorry, but anything defamatory towards someone else without having the evidence to back it up is slander.

If you didnt have the facts to back up your claims, then how else did they:
a) get hold of the information to support those claims
b) knows that RB had overspent the cost cap?

mwillems

mendis wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 09:18
How british media in general builds up illegitimacy to rile up the fans. From archives. Ted has tried to continue that legacy on "posthumous" basis.

It would be interesting to see if Ted would be in Brazil.

There's a lot of British media and you're stereotyping the lot. Benson from the BBC does a mix of fact and opinion pieces anmd to be honest, the BBC is stupidly biased in general, but move away from the Murdoch owned Sky Sports or Sun Newspaper and move to a better media and you see a much broader and open minded approach. In fact if I had to rely on a media sorting out and dealing with corruption in a country and publishing a story no matter what the political fallout, I'd take British and German media over anything else.

As always, there is a media outlet to suit whatever types of opinions you might hold, not just a single set of biased reports all saying the same thing.

Hamilton when reported on in the UK is not so much a media darling, he's just not that interesting to most people, still popular around the world but I don't meet so many Hamilton fans in the UK among F1 fans I know. In fact I cannot think of one.

Regarding in race coverage of F1 by Sky, isn't it the local broadcasters than provide the pictures and choose the drivers to be followed. And other broadcasters basically have to talk about whatever they see on the screen?
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

the EDGE
the EDGE

chrisc90 wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 21:56
the EDGE wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

So you didnt have Mercedes and Ferrari team principles coming out making accusations towards Red Bull BEFORE the FIA announced the outcome of the findings then?

Im sorry, but anything defamatory towards someone else without having the evidence to back it up is slander.

Slander is the action of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation

So… No, I do not remember this, as it did not happen

Clearly they were aware of the facts, they didn’t both have the same lucky guess

chrisc90

the EDGE wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 22:09
chrisc90 wrote:
the EDGE wrote:

Slander is the action of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation

So… No, I do not remember this, as it did not happen

Clearly they were aware of the facts, they didn’t both have the same lucky guess
Your missing my point....at the POINT the statements were made....there was NO FACTS at all about any of the teams spending.

Mogster

Jolle wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 21:24
Few races away that Horner and Co are calling sky/outlets “fake news”?
The RBR echo chamber is already beginning. Listening to a few podcasts and everyone is falling over themselves to praise Horner and co, anything remotely negative is mumbled in a slightly embarrassed tone. “Don’t mentioned the war… or the RBR cost cap overspend…”

Most of stuff that’s being said about RBR and Max is exactly the same that was levelled at Prost, Mansell, Schumacher, Vettel, Hamilton, anyone that’s won championships in a dominant car. RBR have had 6 months of it so far…, Merc and Hamilton were fielding these questions for 7 years without banning journos and throwing their toys out of the pram. If RBR was concerned about reputational damage from breaching the cost cap then maybe they should have focused more effort on not overspending.

Big Tea

mwillems wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 22:01
mendis wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 09:18
There's a lot of British media and you're stereotyping the lot. Benson from the BBC does a mix of fact and opinion pieces anmd to be honest, the BBC is stupidly biased in general, but move away from the Murdoch owned Sky Sports or Sun Newspaper and move to a better media and you see a much broader and open minded approach. In fact if I had to rely on a media sorting out and dealing with corruption in a country and publishing a story no matter what the political fallout, I'd take British and German media over anything else.

As always, there is a media outlet to suit whatever types of opinions you might hold, not just a single set of biased reports all saying the same thing.

Hamilton when reported on in the UK is not so much a media darling, he's just not that interesting to most people, still popular around the world but I don't meet so many Hamilton fans in the UK among F1 fans I know. In fact I cannot think of one.

Regarding in race coverage of F1 by Sky, isn't it the local broadcasters than provide the pictures and choose the drivers to be followed. And other broadcasters basically have to talk about whatever they see on the screen?
Not that relevant really, but just pointing out that Merdoch is not British, he is Australian-American.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

the EDGE
the EDGE

mwillems wrote:

With the exception of Monaco, it’s not the local media, FOM actually produce the race fees themselves, but your correct that sky have no direct control over the feed

mwillems

the EDGE wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 22:18
mwillems wrote:

With the exception of Monaco, it’s not the local media, FOM actually produce the race fees themselves, but your correct that sky have no direct control over the feed
Ahh thanks, I didn't know that. So in terms of the driver for the conversations on Sky during the race, FOM drive that. I don't really watch pre or post race so I have no idea what they focus on there.

I do like Sky though. I don't always agree with them and there are without a doubt ingrained bias with some of the pundits, but as a grown up man, I can choose to ignore them or not. They make interesting points even if I choose to disagree. I don't listen to them so they can inform me, I make my own decisions based on what I can see and what I know. I like it because I enjoy the chemistry between them all because they are able to provide a lot of information, because the pundits are largely ex racers which means they are still very highly informed and in touch.

But yes, there is some pro Ferrari bias in there, some anti Max/RB from Damon Hill... Ted Kravitz is an amiable buffoon really, as someone said, good at getting info from the teams, but I don't think much else. Johnny Herbert I have a lot of time for, he avoids the drama and has something interesting to say.

Edit: Someone please cut Nico Rosbergs internet, I can't think of a more annoying cutaway/person in the race or just after. At least Ted doesn't take himself seriously.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

All - please have a care with your comments - step away from overt racism and nation bashing tripe if you please.

The Sky team deserve all kinds of vitriol in some people's opinions but we're not talking colours, races or heritage as part of it.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

AeroDynamic

chrisc90 wrote:
the EDGE wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Who cares? it was true.

I don't remember this reaction from the MV crowd when he told the media that Ferrari were cheating before anything came out of the findings, do you?

the camp this noise is coming from in the paddock are extremely hypocritical. People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.