Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Shakeman

Re: Pre-silly-season-silliness.

Zynerji wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 04:08
Shakeman wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 11:12
I'm not at all sure Ricciardo is at all fussy about the level of motorsport he's competing in after all he has chosen big money deals over faster cars.

Zynerji's comments re: Ricciardo being HUGE with the ladies are entirely misogynistic. What about the ladies who enjoy NASCAR for the racing who also know motorsport who can see Ricciardo is nothing more than a B-Spec competitor? Will he be huge with them or just the empty airheads which you think watch NASCAR?
I think you are looking for a reason to be offended. What do you have against redneck women that like good looking Australian men?? Do you even know what a woman is?🤔
The only thing offensive is the level stupidity being excreted from your keyboard. You insinuate I’m woke which is laughable given your misogyny has much in common with the trans lobby who want to paint women as something a man can decide to be upon waking up one day.

When I was an engineer in the nuclear industry the most competent engineer I ever worked with was a woman. My partner is a highly respected lawyer who earns 3x what I do who is also a woman. Neither would take too kindly to being patronised by a misogynistic oik.

So in answer to your question, yes I know what a woman is but I think it’s about time you did and you parked your 1950s thinking.

CMSMJ1

Shakeman wrote:
12 Oct 2022, 09:18
Zynerji wrote:
Shakeman wrote:
I'm not at all sure Ricciardo is at all fussy about the level of motorsport he's competing in after all he has chosen big money deals over faster cars.

Zynerji's comments re: Ricciardo being HUGE with the ladies are entirely misogynistic. What about the ladies who enjoy NASCAR for the racing who also know motorsport who can see Ricciardo is nothing more than a B-Spec competitor? Will he be huge with them or just the empty airheads which you think watch NASCAR?
I think you are looking for a reason to be offended. What do you have against redneck women that like good looking Australian men?? Do you even know what a woman is?🤔
The only thing offensive is the level stupidity being excreted from your keyboard. You insinuate I’m woke which is laughable given your misogyny has much in common with the trans lobby who want to paint women as something a man can decide to be upon waking up one day.

When I was an engineer in the nuclear industry the most competent engineer I ever worked with was a woman. My partner is a highly respected lawyer who earns 3x what I do who is also a woman. Neither would take too kindly to being patronised by a misogynistic oik.

So in answer to your question, yes I know what a woman is but I think it’s about time you did and you parked your 1950s thinking.
Zynerji wrote:
Shakeman wrote:

Not appropriate chaps - no more please.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

djos

The latest rumour is that Daniel will be reserve driver for RedBull next year. I hope this is true.

Perez seems likely to retire at the end of 23 due to the expanded F1 schedule - he’s made comments that he wants to spend more time at home with his young family.

https://apple.news/AXA-6QoUYT5Op8z6Tmu3CCQ
"In downforce we trust"

AR3-GP

Wh ydo people assume Vandoorne to AM means Hulk to Haas. Maybe Hulk is just cutting ties w/ F1. Reserve driver is a time intensive role. You have to travel.

There are many Le Mans seats available. Maybe Hulk wants a full time seat elsewhere and that's where he is off to. I think Hulk will be at Porsche in Le Mans.

dren

djos wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 01:52
The latest rumour is that Daniel will be reserve driver for RedBull next year. I hope this is true.

Perez seems likely to retire at the end of 23 due to the expanded F1 schedule - he’s made comments that he wants to spend more time at home with his young family.

I'd love to see him back at RB.
Honda!

MadMax

dren wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 15:30
djos wrote:

I don't understand why he'd go back there. Even if he gets a race seat, he's going to be in the Perez role as the car will tend to be tailored towards Max's preferences. Unless DR has similar car preferences, that's not going to be any better for him than being at McLaren.

mendis

MadMax wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 15:48
dren wrote:
djos wrote:

I don't understand why he'd go back there. Even if he gets a race seat, he's going to be in the Perez role as the car will tend to be tailored towards Max's preferences. Unless DR has similar car preferences, that's not going to be any better for him than being at McLaren.
Better to be in Red Bull than driving for any other team that's not challenging for podiums. Who knows, he might get his mojo back and might just fight for championship.

dren

MadMax wrote:
dren wrote:
djos wrote:

A race winning car in a team he is familiar with and has won races with.
Honda!

MadMax

dren wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 21:05
MadMax wrote:
dren wrote:

A race winning car in a team he is familiar with and has won races with.
But which is very much focussed on the new double world champion. DR would be taking wins only where Max was DNF or otherwise hampered. To think otherwise is "interesting".

djos

Being in a competitive car is what matters tho. He’s beaten max plenty of times in the past, there’s no reason to think he can’t do so again.
"In downforce we trust"

ME4ME

djos wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 23:05
Being in a competitive car is what matters tho. He’s beaten max plenty of times in the past, there’s no reason to think he can’t do so again.
Max has only got better and Danny has got worse :?:
Possibly not his actually skill but certainly his confidence. It would take time, imo

djos

Another interesting theory, Riccardo to AT / RBR as reserve in 23 and then divining along side Herta in 24 when AT becomes Andretti Porsche.

"In downforce we trust"

djos

ME4ME wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 09:48
djos wrote:
Possibly not his actually skill but certainly his confidence. It would take time, imo
Mexico showed he hasn’t forgotten how to drive. The issue it the McLaren car does not give him The confidence he needs to drive on the limit so the time.
"In downforce we trust"

Big Tea

djos wrote:
05 Nov 2022, 07:54
ME4ME wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 09:48
djos wrote:
Mexico showed he hasn’t forgotten how to drive. The issue it the McLaren car does not give him The confidence he needs to drive on the limit so the time.
Erm, it was the same car?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Scorpaguy

I would wager Danny Ric will not drive in F1 again. His decline has been well charted since leaving RB. Losing the "hone" of driving the razor's edge is a combination of equipment availability, physical skills, and mental acuity/confidence/fortitude. Driving the rocketship with Max provided that trifecta. Once he left, one part of the equation was forfeited, subsequent years have removed the others. He may be able to rebuild his skills to a certain degree, but Father Time will never allow him to compete at the pinnacle that is F1.