How useless is sky sports f1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: How useless is sky sports f1

EXCLUSIVE: Sky Sports' Formula One director to visit Red Bull's factory TODAY to clear the air after their boycott of the broadcaster at the Mexican Grand Prix over perceived bias against Max Verstappen. [and the whole team, especially Hannah Schmitz and her family]

Sportsmail understands that since then Sky Sports managing director Jonathan Licht and McGinty have been in touch with Red Bull and that both sides have decided to draw a line under the fallout. McGinty’s visit to Milton Keynes is part of the reconciliation process.
Kravitz and Horner, meanwhile, are due to talk once they have touched down in Brazil.
The Power of Dreams!

MadMax
MadMax

Wouter wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 11:09
EXCLUSIVE: Sky Sports' Formula One director to visit Red Bull's factory TODAY to clear the air after their boycott of the broadcaster at the Mexican Grand Prix over perceived bias against Max Verstappen. [and the whole team, especially Hannah Schmitz and her family]

Sportsmail understands that since then Sky Sports managing director Jonathan Licht and McGinty have been in touch with Red Bull and that both sides have decided to draw a line under the fallout. McGinty’s visit to Milton Keynes is part of the reconciliation process.
Kravitz and Horner, meanwhile, are due to talk once they have touched down in Brazil.
Sky caving in.

What should happen is Sky say "Fine, don't talk to us. Oh, and we won't show your cars / drivers on the coverage other than where entirely necessary. Do tell your sponsors that your childish behaviour is killing their exposure to the TV audience".

chrisc90

That wouldn’t work though as Sky’s TV feed is from FOM.

What happens if FOM televise a red bull? Is Sky just going to stand and be quiet? Unlikely.

Wouter

MadMax wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 13:29
Wouter wrote:

Sky caving in.

What should happen is Sky say "Fine, don't talk to us. Oh, and we won't show your cars / drivers on the coverage other than where entirely necessary. Do tell your sponsors that your childish behaviour is killing their exposure to the TV audience".
So you think RBR is acting childish? Tell me why.
What would you call Sky's behavior over the past few years and especially over the past two years
towards teams and drivers who are not British?
The Power of Dreams!

MadMax
MadMax

Wouter wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 13:41

What would you call Sky's behavior over the past few years and especially over the past two years
Yes, I think Red Bull is being childish.

Kravitz made a silly throw away line and Red Bull behaved as if he had jumped on Mateschitz's grave.

Sky have not been biased to non-British drivers/teams. One only has to listen to DiResta's constant jibes at Hamilton over the years to see that they don't favour one team/driver at all.

(as an aside, why do start all of your posts with a . and line break? Is it because of your browser?)

MadMax
MadMax

chrisc90 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 13:32
That wouldn’t work though as Sky’s TV feed is from FOM.

What happens if FOM televise a red bull? Is Sky just going to stand and be quiet? Unlikely.
Sure, why not.

Red Bull are behaving like Ferrari used to back when Enzo was still in charge. It just makes them look petulant.

organic

MadMax wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 13:53
Wouter wrote:

Kravitz made a silly throw away line and Red Bull behaved as if he had jumped on Mateschitz's grave.

Sky have not been biased to non-British drivers/teams. One only has to listen to DiResta's constant jibes at Hamilton over the years to see that they don't favour one team/driver at all.

(as an aside, why do start all of your posts with a . and line break? Is it because of your browser?)
Please. The way they treated vettel, rosberg and now verstappen has been completely transparent and a very consistent behaviour! When they do similar things to 3 different non-british champions but never did these things to the same extent to button, Hamilton it becomes difficult to deny the pattern.

chrisc90

MadMax wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Ted literally hasn’t shut up about it all season. Just go back and watch his notebook and you will see

basti313
basti313

MadMax wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Sky caving in.

Sky wants to please the audience and get payed by the audience...
They have a substantial issue with the accusation of being biased. On the other side not a single sponsor of RedBull has an issue with the topic.
Don`t russel the hamster!

MadMax
MadMax

basti313 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 13:59
MadMax wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Sky caving in.

Sky wants to please the audience and get payed by the audience...
They have a substantial issue with the accusation of being biased. On the other side not a single sponsor of RedBull has an issue with the topic.
Substantial issues? A few internet fans having a moan is hardly that.

Have you spoken to Red Bull's sponsors?

It's just possible that Red Bull and Sky are talking because Red Bull's sponsors want their logos seen on Max's chest during interviews.

Mosin123
Mosin123

chrisc90 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 13:57
MadMax wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Ted literally hasn’t shut up about it all season. Just go back and watch his notebook and you will see
Teds notebook is HIS OPINION show, what he says in his OPINION show is up to him, Its why you can find HIS show under his name on sky sports f1 under opinion / f1 pundits, ill provide link.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/opinion/ted-kravitz

Ohh look it Sky says he is a pundit, ohh no... Mendis, you better go tell sky they employ him as a Reporter..... They seem to think he is a pundit...

chrisc90

I don’t think you can deflect against the comments he makes. Every other reporter has their opinion on the grid. So it’s no different because it’s his name on the programme.

And normally with situations like that come with a disclaimer along lines of opinions expressed in the following programme are of personal opinion. Or words to that effect.

mendis
mendis

Mosin123 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 14:07
chrisc90 wrote:
MadMax wrote:

Teds notebook is HIS OPINION show, what he says in his OPINION show is up to him, Its why you can find HIS show under his name on sky sports f1 under opinion / f1 pundits, ill provide link.

Ohh look it Sky says he is a pundit, ohh no... Mendis, you better go tell sky they employ him as a Reporter..... They seem to think he is a pundit...
One of the lame piece of sh** that piece if crap is. Not sure why Sky produces it. I used to watch it in the early Sky F1 days, but after a few episodes, it became nauseating. I am sure most of us here can do a better job, even if not paid. To get paid for such downright low level stuff is amazing.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

mendis wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 14:13
Mosin123 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 14:07
chrisc90 wrote:

One of the lame piece of sh** that piece if crap is. Not sure why Sky produces it. I used to watch it in the early Sky F1 days, but after a few episodes, it became nauseating. I am sure most of us here can do a better job, even if not paid. To get paid for such downright low level stuff is amazing.
It used to be good. I really liked it. Got some proper insight into things without veering too much into proper opinion. He got silly and off the wall sometimes but it made me laugh. I now see a different Ted and it’s become hard to watch. I wish he got back to the more technical/race analysis. He’s actually decently good at that. He’s a terrible pundit

Mosin123
Mosin123

I like it and was one who complained when he got axed when sky first took it over, As I think most people would agree, Ted’s Notebook is a spectacular show in terms of explanation and entertainment. He is able to show the technicalities of a car and explain them in layman’s terms, which helps cause i dont need to explain it to my kids in a longer way way more boring way.