How useless is sky sports f1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Juzh

Re: How useless is sky sports f1

mendis wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 14:13
Mosin123 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 14:07
chrisc90 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 13:57

Ted literally hasn’t shut up about it all season. Just go back and watch his notebook and you will see
Teds notebook is HIS OPINION show, what he says in his OPINION show is up to him, Its why you can find HIS show under his name on sky sports f1 under opinion / f1 pundits, ill provide link.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/opinion/ted-kravitz

Ohh look it Sky says he is a pundit, ohh no... Mendis, you better go tell sky they employ him as a Reporter..... They seem to think he is a pundit...
One of the lame piece of sh** that piece if crap is. Not sure why Sky produces it. I used to watch it in the early Sky F1 days, but after a few episodes, it became nauseating. I am sure most of us here can do a better job, even if not paid. To get paid for such downright low level stuff is amazing.
It's not just the notebook, he comes on air often during live races and spreads mischievous propaganda and crazy conspiracy theories about RB fixing the Dutch GP with Tsunoda. We know what happened next.

Wouter

Juzh wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 14:33
mendis wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 14:13
Mosin123 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 14:07

Teds notebook is HIS OPINION show, what he says in his OPINION show is up to him, Its why you can find HIS show under his name on sky sports f1 under opinion / f1 pundits, ill provide link.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/opinion/ted-kravitz

Ohh look it Sky says he is a pundit, ohh no... Mendis, you better go tell sky they employ him as a Reporter..... They seem to think he is a pundit...
One of the lame piece of sh** that piece if crap is. Not sure why Sky produces it. I used to watch it in the early Sky F1 days, but after a few episodes, it became nauseating. I am sure most of us here can do a better job, even if not paid. To get paid for such downright low level stuff is amazing.
It's not just the notebook, he comes on air often during live races and spreads mischievous propaganda and crazy conspiracy theories about RB fixing the Dutch GP with Tsunoda. We know what happened next.
Exactly.
The Power of Dreams!

AeroDynamic

the way I see it, TED's notebook maintains viewership after the main show and is well liked. some people are kicking up a fuss about his show and want him cancelled because he told it like it is and they are catching feelings from it; the 2021 championship title was robbed. Its factual because the FIA informed everyone publicly that a mistake was made - that mistake was critical to the outcome of the title.

Ain't nobody made a peep about Ted until then.

chrisc90

AeroDynamic wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 17:10
the way I see it, TED's notebook maintains viewership after the main show and is well liked. some people are kicking up a fuss about his show and want him cancelled because he told it like it is and they are catching feelings from it; the 2021 championship title was robbed. Its factual because the FIA informed everyone publicly that a mistake was made - that mistake was critical to the outcome of the title.

Ted can have his opinion on whatever he wants, but people don’t want to be told about it every time he gets a bit of air time.

Let’s face it, it’s not just the 2021 title that the vast majority of people are complaining about.

Look at his alpha tauri conspiracy theory rubbish which led to RB’s chief strategist getting abuse

MadMax
MadMax

chrisc90 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 17:15
AeroDynamic wrote:

Ted can have his opinion on whatever he wants, but people don’t want to be told about it every time he gets a bit of air time.

Let’s face it, it’s not just the 2021 title that the vast majority of people are complaining about.

Look at his alpha tauri conspiracy theory rubbish which led to RB’s chief strategist getting abuse
Who are "the vast majority"? Not the viewership as a whole, that's for sure.

His comments about the AT conspiracy were stupid and ill thought through and likely just an off the cuff remark - he thinks he's funny most of the time. He's not, however, and it's his cringe-provoking guff that means I tend to avoid his work. That his stupid comment resulted in abuse is terrible but your ire should be directed at the idiots that did the abusing. As we know, there are far too many idiots out there just waiting for something to be angry about.

Horner's unwarranted comments about what he described as a "rogue marshal" were also stupid.

basti313
basti313

MadMax wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 14:02
basti313 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 13:59
MadMax wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 13:29

Sky caving in.

What should happen is Sky say "Fine, don't talk to us. Oh, and we won't show your cars / drivers on the coverage other than where entirely necessary. Do tell your sponsors that your childish behaviour is killing their exposure to the TV audience".
Sky wants to please the audience and get payed by the audience...
They have a substantial issue with the accusation of being biased. On the other side not a single sponsor of RedBull has an issue with the topic.
Substantial issues? A few internet fans having a moan is hardly that.

Have you spoken to Red Bull's sponsors?

It's just possible that Red Bull and Sky are talking because Red Bull's sponsors want their logos seen on Max's chest during interviews.
Yes, substantial issues. If all press anyhow F1 related reports that RedBull boycotts Sky, then you can not talk it down. I, myself, have a Sky subscription for only one reason....I can not get F1TV here. In a country where F1TV is available, of course Sky is in thread. And if there is this bias, then there is a strong pull towards F1TV.

Regarding sponsors:
Who do you think might have an issue with Max not in the interview pen? Bottom to top on his shirt:
Honda? Who was not a sponsor, now came back for fame?
RedBull? Seriously?
Tag? Who put its major motorsports DNA advertisement into RedBull?
Rauch? Who is linked to RedBull like noone else?

Who is pulling back?
Don`t russel the hamster!

Sieper

MadMax wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 17:35
chrisc90 wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

Who are "the vast majority"? Not the viewership as a whole, that's for sure.

His comments about the AT conspiracy were stupid and ill thought through and likely just an off the cuff remark - he thinks he's funny most of the time. He's not, however, and it's his cringe-provoking guff that means I tend to avoid his work. That his stupid comment resulted in abuse is terrible but your ire should be directed at the idiots that did the abusing. As we know, there are far too many idiots out there just waiting for something to be angry about.

Horner's unwarranted comments about what he described as a "rogue marshal" were also stupid.
Ted is a hardcore Lewis fan. Good for him. But what happened in Zandvoort. A bitter disappointment as there was a slight hope Merc would win, a double disappointment, Russell got the better strategy and finished in front of Hamilton. So as to not let the focus be a whole 2 weeks "why did Russell get the better strat" he simply launched the cope strategy AT did it on purpose. Narrative pushed, people will speak about that, having to be in the defence.

It just classic cope and narrative setting. Very poor to do by a journalist. And very costly for AT and RBR. He does this week after week. At least, he did when I was still watching his notebooks. You can be a fan without making false statements at the expense of others. And that is also what he should do going forward, he earns his money with this, with that comes a level of professionalism, it is after all his profession.

f1jcw
f1jcw

chrisc90 wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

I'm quite happy with it being told again and again. Certain people want it brushed under the carpet and pretend it doesn't exist.

And please look up "opinion" as you don't seem to understand it's definition.

FromGP2toWDC

basti313 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 17:53
Yes, substantial issues. If all press anyhow F1 related reports that RedBull boycotts Sky, then you can not talk it down. I, myself, have a Sky subscription for only one reason....I can not get F1TV here. In a country where F1TV is available, of course Sky is in thread. And if there is this bias, then there is a strong pull towards F1TV.
A couple of us here across the pond wish for a larger F1TV presence rather than using Sky or ESPNF1.
SkyF1 has too much bias and 'homerism' in particular around LH where Kravitz and Crofty are concerned (I do like Button & Brundle as they are more objective).

dans79

chrisc90 wrote:
Anyone who watched Qatar last year, and how Gasly didn't use DRS on the main strait (even though he was eligible to), already had questions. Specially when he did it right after he got a message that said Max isn't our race! They didn't need TED to say anything.
197 104 103 7

chrisc90

dans79 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 20:46
chrisc90 wrote:
Anyone who watched Qatar last year, and how Gasly didn't use DRS on the main strait (even though he was eligible to), already had questions. Specially when he did it right after he got a message that said Max isn't our race! They didn't need TED to say anything.
Ill give you that one. Gasly was asked to let Max past.

But it still doesn't answer the fact of the matter of the abuse the RB team got from certain fans when Ted started such fake theories.

You can almost guarantee that it will have been the same fans/fanbase that gave Latifi and Massi the same online abuse/death threats at the end of last year.

Simply cannot be justified.

FromGP2toWDC

chrisc90 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 21:15
But it still doesn't answer the fact of the matter of the abuse the RB team got from certain fans when Ted started such fake theories.

You can almost guarantee that it will have been the same fans/fanbase that gave Latifi and Massi the same online abuse/death threats at the end of last year.

In particular, the abuse towards Hannah after the flame fanning by Kravitz.

dans79

chrisc90 wrote:
Death threats and what not, can never be justified, my point was that its not always the press feeding the flames.
197 104 103 7

chrisc90

dans79 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 21:36
chrisc90 wrote:
Death threats and what not, can never be justified, my point was that its not always the press feeding the flames.
No, not always. But in certain cases the press dont help the situation by starting such rumours.

I think any fan or presenter/journo that gives that sort of abuse towards drivers should be rightfully called out.

dans79

chrisc90 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 21:38
dans79 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 21:36
chrisc90 wrote:
No, not always. But in certain cases the press dont help the situation by starting such rumours.
I agree, For example The press should not have aired Horner's comments immediately after the Silverstone incident! And the FIA not punishing him in any way for it, is basically giving people a free pass to do it in the future.

The real issue is it's one big cabal, they all do it to drive up ratings and revenue, but then none of them want to take any ownership when you know what hits the fan!
197 104 103 7