How useless is sky sports f1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RonMexico

Re: How useless is sky sports f1

littlebigcat wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 22:42
organic wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 15:30
littlebigcat wrote:
08 Nov 2022, 14:44
The vast majority of the discourse in this thread isn't abusive towards the sky team though. Picking out one or two messages out of 100 that go over the line can almost always be done, no matter the subject!
I’m not picking out the messages, I’m highlighting the hypocrisy of the silence in calling them out.
How is it hypocritical to call out the people creating narratives to play upto their audience?

Where is the evidence? Isn't there supposed to be some journalistic integrity displayed?

littlebigcat

No. It’s hypocritical to criticise someone for allegedly triggering abuse while on the same page of this topic ignoring the abuse being directed at that same person.

organic

littlebigcat wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 12:14
No. It’s hypocritical to criticise someone for allegedly triggering abuse while on the same page of this topic ignoring the abuse being directed at that same person.
Focusing on negative messages on this forum degrades conversation. If I see a message like Mendis', personally I will be unlikely to address it directly other than reporting it (which I've done) as it's unlikely to achieve anything other than derailing the topic of the thread. As non-moderators, how can we address abuse without it causing arguments etc that cause the general level of discussion to massively drop?

I refer you to any race thread, team thread and you'll see anytime someone is called out for being abusive/rulebreaking etc it often destroys the thread for a page or two. Should we strive to take this thread off topic?

Personally I don't think calling out hypocrisy as a way to deflect from the issue at hand is the way to go. Any perceived hypocrisy doesn't change the situation / problem; believing otherwise is fallacious

mendis

littlebigcat wrote:
You need to study cause and effect. If Ted is entitled to his personal opinion, like most have argued, I am entitled to my opinion about the content of his show. If you are standing to protect his rights, then my opinion should be looked at the same light. Besides, I didn't abuse Ted, I just expressed my dissatisfaction about the content of his show. There is a difference.

chrisc90

mendis wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 13:17
littlebigcat wrote:
You need to study cause and effect. If Ted is entitled to his personal opinion, like most have argued, I am entitled to my opinion about the content of his show. If you are standing to protect his rights, then my opinion should be looked at the same light. Besides, I didn't abuse Ted, I just expressed my dissatisfaction about the content of his show. There is a difference.
=D> =D> =D>

basti313

dans79 wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 21:54

For example
A bit ridiculous how you jump from one nonsense example to the next one once someone answers on the previous one revealing it as nonsense...
Don`t russel the hamster!

PlatinumZealot

Swed3120 wrote:
22 May 2022, 17:20
Is there any possible way of forcing sky sports f1 out of F1 broadcasts

Some of there pundits are good , particularly Ted , but so many of them are completely biased towards both sides , and just entirely crap.

They spend 30min discussing what Hamilton did in P15 and didn’t discuss anything of the other action , just really tired of how they focus almost 99% of they’re Air time on russel, Hamilton , Norris and Mercedes. It’s a British broadcaster but sadly half of u across the world have to listen to their unprofessional crap on the worldwide broadcast
It's normal that the most popular, most exciting driver will be talked about more.

Every sport has this. I'm sorry you have to go through so much pain.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

RonMexico

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 23:56
Swed3120 wrote:

Some of there pundits are good , particularly Ted , but so many of them are completely biased towards both sides , and just entirely crap.

They spend 30min discussing what Hamilton did in P15 and didn’t discuss anything of the other action , just really tired of how they focus almost 99% of they’re Air time on russel, Hamilton , Norris and Mercedes. It’s a British broadcaster but sadly half of u across the world have to listen to their unprofessional crap on the worldwide broadcast
It's normal that the most popular, most exciting driver will be talked about more.

You'd think they would spend more time talking about the most talented one considering he is the reigning champion

f1jcw

RonMexico wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 00:24
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Swed3120 wrote:

You'd think they would spend more time talking about the most talented one considering he is the reigning champion
Is he? I think the most talented one was the one that needed them FIA to ignore their own rules to be beaten, they even admitted it and sacked the offender.

dans79

RonMexico wrote:
That's just your opinion!
197 104 103 7

MadMax

RonMexico wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Swed3120 wrote:

Do you think Dutch commentators spend lots of time talking about Hamilton or Alonso instead of Max, or are they concentrating on Max? It's hardly a shock that people talk about people like them more than they talk about people that aren't.

RonMexico

MadMax wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 12:05
RonMexico wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Do you think Dutch commentators spend lots of time talking about Hamilton or Alonso instead of Max, or are they concentrating on Max? It's hardly a shock that people talk about people like them more than they talk about people that aren't.
World feed, sky, ect ect. They have a broader audience to cater to than just the UK.

littlebigcat

No. Sky has just the UK to cater to. If other broadcasters decide that it’s in their interest to pay Sky for their feed then your issue with the content is with that broadcaster not Sky.

RonMexico

littlebigcat wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 12:22
No. Sky has just the UK to cater to. If other broadcasters decide that it’s in their interest to pay Sky for their feed then your issue with the content is with that broadcaster not Sky.
That is not correct.

MadMax

RonMexico wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 12:26
littlebigcat wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 12:22
That is not correct.
Other domestic broadcasters can overlay their own commentary if they so wish.