How useless is sky sports f1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mendis

Re: How useless is sky sports f1

Ant, Brundle and Rachel are the only sane voices in a cacophony echo chamber of Sky F1. Although Brundle's book is old, he can still see beyond the smokescreen the others try to create in the studio. He can call spade a spade.

Big Tea

mendis wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 03:47
Ant, Brundle and Rachel are the only sane voices in a cacophony echo chamber of Sky F1. Although Brundle's book is old, he can still see beyond the smokescreen the others try to create in the studio. He can call spade a spade.
I quite like Karun Chandhok too as he has encyclopaedic knowledge and seems to have all his information on hand.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

maxxer

MadMax wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 01:50
I never watch the grid walk. Entirely pointless and brings nothing to the race itself - the drivers and teams obviously give nothing away and the vacuous "celebrities" obviously are only there to be seen. Very few of the celebs know anything about motor racing in general or F1 in particular.

Most of the pre-race "show" is likewise pointless as it's either "features" or talking heads rehashing the same old same old. I just tend to turn on to the race a minute or so before the start time, watch the formation lap and then the race. Turn off after the podium, usually, sometimes immediately after the flag. The rest is all just pointless noise intended to fill time and create noise for the temporary "fans".
I have the same, back when sky sports started i was watching all the pre and after shows but then we had 16 races or so now we have much more races and you almost spend all weekend in front of tv. There is an hour before and after any session now while they have nothing to say.
I rather go to motorsport and see the technical photos and drawings instead of some interview with Brundle on the grid.
They need to freshen up horrible to watch teammates play stupid games together

GSBellew

I'm getting a bit tired of being told how Sky Glass and SkyQ customers can watch the highlights alongside the live action.

I'd rather watch the race than listen to a repetitive advert.

GrizzleBoy

GSBellew wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 03:08
I'm getting a bit tired of being told how Sky Glass and SkyQ customers can watch the highlights alongside the live action.

You should thank the lord you don't live in the USA then.

It seems like their television is about 20% programming and 80% advertising.

maxxer

Oh i forgot first there was the boycot and now suddenly everything they do is great and Max will talk to them again

maxxer

GSBellew wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 03:08

I do press the red button on my remote though, its mute :-)

maxxer

Now Christine has died today , i just remember the tune on bbc f1

that was such a good intro

FromGP2toWDC

GrizzleBoy wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 12:10
It seems like their television is about 20% programming and 80% advertising.
ESPN feels like it needs to do it like Monday Night Football.

Luckily my local bar has the F1TV broadcast also.

Stu

maxxer wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 23:15
Now Christine has died today , i just remember the tune on bbc f1

that was such a good intro
The BBC still use it for their radio commentary. Usually my media of choice (I can do something else while listening), if it is a good race I can always watch the highlights.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

RonMexico

Herbert paid a visit to the guillotine.

organic

RonMexico wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 18:53
Herbert paid a visit to the guillotine.
Hill/Lazenby next =D>

AR3-GP

What the real story here. Did he leave of his own accord or is it Sky budget cuts?

I read that sky was not able to sell the TV rights to germany for this year.

AR3-GP

Paul Diresta has been axed as well: https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/175252/f ... ports.html

ME4ME

I guess unlike some I'm quite happy with Skys coverage of F1, watching via F1TV. It could be a lot worse.

I'm happy Herbert is gone. And i'd also like Hill to be gone as a semi-regular visitor in the commentary box. I've often thought how terrible he is, raspy voice, slow thinker/talker, low energy. I'm sure he is a nice person, but not made for live commentary.

Di Resta on the other hand, I think is great. Davidsson and Chandok as well. I was kind of expecting Di Resta to follow in Brundles footsteps, who is noticably getting older and who seems totally fine with moving aside once in a while.

Krevitz i'd like to see replaced. His mouth is bigger than his brain. His technical understanding seems shockingly low at times, dumbing down reasonably basic stuff to incorrect mumbo jumbo.