2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AeroDynamic

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 16:53

And people say it’s red bull fans that are the toxic ones
Silver stone 2021 antics and sentiments from max and Horner? Short memories it seems with max fans.

What I’ve learned from this team is they are happy to cultivate this stuff in others direction but sing a different tune when they are taking a bite out of the poop sandwich they themselves served up.

SiLo

MadMax wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 14:27
Wouter wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 13:44
RBR STATEMENT
A Comment Following The Brazil GP
The Team has released the following comment.
Written by Oracle Red Bull Racing

Published on 17.11.2022 · 12:00 UTC+1

As a team we made some mistakes in Brazil. We had not envisaged the situation that unfolded on the last lap and we had not agreed a strategy for such a scenario before the race. Regretfully, Max was only informed at the final corner of the request to give up position without all the necessary information being relayed. This put Max, who has always been an open and fair team player, in a compromising situation with little time to react which was not our intention. Following the race Max spoke openly and honestly, allowing for both drivers to resolve any outstanding issues or concerns. The Team accept Max's reasoning, the conversation was a personal matter which will remain private between the team and no further comment will be made.
The events that followed from a social media point of view are completely unacceptable. The abusive online behaviour towards Max, Checo, the Team and their respective families is shocking and saddening and unfortunately is something that we as a sport are having to address with depressing regularity. There is no place for it in racing or society as a whole and we need to do and be better. At the end of the day this is a sport, we are here to race. Death threats, hate mail, vitriol towards extended family members is deplorable. We value inclusion and want a safe space for everyone to work in and enjoy our sport. The abuse needs to stop.
First half of that is bending over backwards to keep Max happy. Standard team PR mumbo-jumbo.

The second half is saddening to read. We all have a passion for F1 and motor racing but that doesn't mean people should be threatened on social media or elsewhere.
Nothing about Checo in there. This team is genuinely odd.

Max is to Red Bull what Mbappe is to PSG.
Felipe Baby!

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

AeroDynamic wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 18:00
chrisc90 wrote:

Silver stone 2021 antics and sentiments from max and Horner? Short memories it seems with max fans.

What I’ve learned from this team is they are happy to cultivate this stuff in others direction but sing a different tune when they are taking a bite out of the poop sandwich they themselves served up.
Give over. You are implying that they have egged their fan base on to “cultivate” this behaviour towards others. Bet you don’t have any proof of it either.

People can have different opinions and sometimes in the heat of the moment things get said that could have been said better but death threats are crossing a rather black and white line. You shouldn’t be fanning the flames with your idiotic comment

AeroDynamic

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 18:19
AeroDynamic wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Give over. You are implying that they have egged their fan base on to “cultivate” this behaviour towards others. Bet you don’t have any proof of it either.

People can have different opinions and sometimes in the heat of the moment things get said that could have been said better but death threats are crossing a rather black and white line. You shouldn’t be fanning the flames with your idiotic comment
No, I’m implying they fed their fans toxic narratives I.e. cheat wings, deliberately taking out max, calling others cheats.. and other bad things.. lots of negative petty things.

There is always going to be a very toxic contingent of fans that become abusive to people online. They know this. That hasn’t stopped them stoking the fire. So, Horner is capable of thinking about bullying all of a sudden but where was that thinking before in the past?

Your response is typical of max fans in this thread. They get touchy and abusive very quickly and refuse to actually have a conversation compared to other team threads :?

mendis
mendis

AeroDynamic wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:01
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

No, I’m implying they fed their fans toxic narratives I.e. cheat wings, deliberately taking out max, calling others cheats.. and other bad things.. lots of negative petty things.

There is always going to be a very toxic contingent of fans that become abusive to people online. They know this. That hasn’t stopped them stoking the fire. So, Horner is capable of thinking about bullying all of a sudden but where was that thinking before in the past?

Your response is typical of max fans in this thread. They get touchy and abusive very quickly and refuse to actually have a conversation compared to other team threads :?
Max fans... Lewis fans... they are all same, cut from same piece of cloth. FIA did provide a directive after wing flexing in Brazil last year, post which Mercedes rear wing didn't retain same behavior. Did anyone from Red Bull called them "cheat wings"? No idea. I don't remember anyone from within Red Bull saying, Max was deliberately taken out in silverstone. That's fan fantasy and you can't associate that to a team and justify the team's villification. It appears you boosted your comments with "other bad things".

dans79

mendis wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:13
Max fans... Lewis fans...
He isn't talking about the fans, he is talking about the teams.

Specifically how petty and toxic Horner is about everything. Insinuating Lewis tried to kill Max in silverstone last year, mentioning how he intentionally does stuff try and irritate Toto, and implies that he likes when he sees that it does.
197 104 103 7

chrisc90

dans79 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:18
mendis wrote:

Specifically how petty and toxic Horner is about everything. Insinuating Lewis tried to kill Max in silverstone last year, mentioning how he intentionally does stuff try and irritate Toto, and implies that he likes when he sees that it does.
Was Toto not toxic last year then?

dans79

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:25
dans79 wrote:
mendis wrote:

name something toxic like that, that Toto said!
197 104 103 7

chrisc90

dans79 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:28
chrisc90 wrote:
dans79 wrote:

Answer the question. Was Toto toxic or not last year? it only requires a yes or no answer.

mendis
mendis

dans79 wrote:
mendis wrote:

People have a choice and those rabid fans that make violent choices on the selective information that comes from teams are basically idiots. Don't blame teams for it. Red Bull or Mercedes doesn't hold fans on gun point to put out toxic behavior. Horner being toxic is what you choose to believe. Think about it.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

AeroDynamic wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:01
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

The fact that you think it’s only Horner doing it as TP is truly myopic. And taking a leap from “petty things” to somehow implying that death threats are a natural result of those petty things being mentioned. Well….. I think we can both see that that isn’t true.

Fwiw and as I’ve clearly stated before, im neither a RB or VER fan but I feel there is a large undercurrent here to try and spin a narrative akin to Sky F1. Which was also why the discord group got setup, which again seemed to be more of an echo chamber rather than well rounded debate.

dans79

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:30
dans79 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Answer the question. Was Toto toxic or not last year? it only requires a yes or no answer.
No, I can't recall any comments from Toto that were of a toxic nature.
197 104 103 7

dans79

mendis wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:32
Horner being toxic is what you choose to believe. Think about it.
No, I think anyone who can step back a minute and look at the two examples i mentioned would be hard pressed not to see them at toxic.
197 104 103 7

chrisc90

dans79 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:42
chrisc90 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:30
dans79 wrote:

No, I can't recall any comments from Toto that were of a toxic nature.

"Christian is a bit of windbag that wants to be on camera...he should be a bit more modest I think."

mendis
mendis

dans79 wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:44
mendis wrote:
17 Nov 2022, 19:32
Horner being toxic is what you choose to believe. Think about it.
No, I think anyone who can step back a minute and look at the two examples i mentioned would be hard pressed not to see them at toxic.
It's easy to perceive it that way, since there is already preconceived dislike towards him. That's natural human behavior, but like I said, it's a choice to dislike him in the first place.