Best circuit in F1.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Edax

Re: Best circuit in F1.

Big Tea wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 17:38
harty71 wrote:
16 Nov 2022, 17:19
For me it has to be Silverstone, it's not only an epic track to drive, it also offers some of the best racing you can find.

Many say Spa but it just doesn't have the great races like Silverstone does, I mean what circuit offers overtaking opportunities in just about every corner, number one by a mile in my opinion.
Spa is a shadow of its former self now.
Perhaps on TV. But As a spectator I still find Spa awesome. There are so many places where you can really get close to the cars.

For me the best is at the bottom of Eau rouge watching the cars drop into the dip and up the the hill. The smell off burning planks, petrol fumes, the rumble of the strip and the scream of the engines, and that all so close that you feel you can touch the cars. Complete sensory overload.

That is something which got lost in the modern tracks with sensible layouts and copious runoff area’s.

CMSMJ1

Stu wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 00:14
Motorbike or push-bike?
Always fancied a ride around cadwell, brands hatch was fun & I did okay on a couple of TT’s around Rockingham.
Motorbikes. It's a huge track. Massive.
I knew where it went and was must amazed at how big copse was. You'd come down the old start finish and then Copse would be in front of you and like a huge car park of tarmac. Where to turn, what's the line?

Cadwell my favourite. It's brilliant.

Apologies.. digression !
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Big Tea

CMSMJ1 wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 01:34
Stu wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 00:14
Motorbike or push-bike?
Always fancied a ride around cadwell, brands hatch was fun & I did okay on a couple of TT’s around Rockingham.
Motorbikes. It's a huge track. Massive.
I knew where it went and was must amazed at how big copse was. You'd come down the old start finish and then Copse would be in front of you and like a huge car park of tarmac. Where to turn, what's the line?

Cadwell my favourite. It's brilliant.

Apologies.. digression !
Thruxton was a good place for bikes. Not been there for a looong time though so don't even know if its still going.
Not fast, but techncal
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

101FlyingDutchman

Honestly think Austin is a modern classic. Old Spa and Suzuka when we had the smaller F1 cars provided better racing. Brazil for me ranks as overall one of the best. Great track/decent overtaking/variable weather.