2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RonMexico

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

selvam_e2002 wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 16:31
It means, Perez last season with RB.
It will be interesting to see if he gets many chances in the racecar for tyre testing or an FP1

chrisc90

RonMexico wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 17:13
selvam_e2002 wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 16:31
It means, Perez last season with RB.
It will be interesting to see if he gets many chances in the racecar for tyre testing or an FP1
I’d be hard pushed to see DR replace Perez in 2024.

I thought the FP1 sessions were for young drivers? Not the reserves?

AR3-GP

Perez has a contract through '24. Admittedly I'd like to see him close the gap in performance. The team could become quite vulnerable if the car isn't very good. It can't just be Max vs. the world all the time.

djos

Perez has complained that the seasons are too long now, so he might just retire on his own.

I’m stoked he’s back tho, I get why he left, but it never seemed like going to Renault was a good fit for him.

I thought he’d be great at McLaren, but it turns out they can’t design a car with consistent handling and aero. 🤦‍♂️
"In downforce we trust"

chrisc90

Wouter

Verstappen shines one more time in 2022 during demo run in Japan

Today GPblog.com

Max Verstappen is not quite finished in 2022. Indeed, he will still be in action at the end of this month
at the Honda Racing Thanks Day in Japan. [27 Nov]

So will Max Verstappen in his Red Bull Racing car. Verstappen is not alone, as Sergio Perez, Pierre Gasly and Yuki Tsunoda are also present in Japan for the demo run. It will be Gasly's last trick for the Red Bull family before he makes his final move to Alpine.

Honda Racing THANKS DAY 2021-2022 Live Streaming Sat 26 Nov 23:00 GMT.

One of the biggest events for Honda fans will be back. Honda Racing THANKS DAY 2022 will be held on this weekend in Suzuka. Japanese all-star riders and drivers including All-Japan champions will attend and perform show runnings in the front of their fans.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

To see the video with Liam, click on de text above it.

Behind The Charge | One Last Dance For Max And Checo in Abu Dhabi

Oracle Red Bull Racing are in Abu Dhabi for the final race of the 2022 Formula 1 season. Join Max, Checo and the Team
for behind-the-scenes access across the weekend, featuring Sebastian Vettel and Daniel Ricciardo.
The Power of Dreams!

west52keep64

djos wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 23:18
Perez has complained that the seasons are too long now, so he might just retire on his own.

I’m stoked he’s back tho, I get why he left, but it never seemed like going to Renault was a good fit for him.

I thought he’d be great at McLaren, but it turns out they can’t design a car with consistent handling and aero. 🤦‍♂️
The other driver seem to manage just fine, and it also doesn't explain DR's lack of performance at Renault in his first year with them.

I think sadly the best of DR has been and gone, he seems to have been psychologically crushed by this whole experience. He left RB because he couldn't take being second fiddle to Max, how's he going to feel being "third fiddle"?

Gillian

west52keep64 wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 22:11
djos wrote:

The other driver seem to manage just fine, and it also doesn't explain DR's lack of performance at Renault in his first year with them.

I think sadly the best of DR has been and gone, he seems to have been psychologically crushed by this whole experience. He left RB because he couldn't take being second fiddle to Max, how's he going to feel being "third fiddle"?
Couldn't agree more, there's no point in replacing Perez with Riciardo. Apart from that, there's no point in replacing Perez anyway. He did all that was required of him...

NL_Fer

I think it is pretty obvious to see in the telemetry if Riciardo is closer to Max than Checo.

djos

NL_Fer wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 01:44
I think it is pretty obvious to see in the telemetry if Riciardo is closer to Max than Checo.
Exactly, and even comments from Mclaren employees strongly suggest they know their car has serious handling predictability issues.

"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

Max arrived 9 hours ago in Japan and he is today at the Honda R & D factory in Sakura. Also Marc is there.
Tomorrow they will be in Motegi at the Honda Thanks Day.

The Power of Dreams!

ME4ME

RonMexico wrote:
23 Nov 2022, 17:11
Tricky one. Can you trust Honda to be there in 2030?
Exactly this.

For Red Bull, like they said, its about securing their long-term future in the sport. Also having the entire or at least part of the development, testing and assemly in-house is a major advantage. They already commited 10s of millions to that and hired many many top people. Can't just cancel that.

Stu

Gillian wrote:
26 Nov 2022, 00:29
west52keep64 wrote:
25 Nov 2022, 22:11
djos wrote:

Couldn't agree more, there's no point in replacing Perez with Riciardo. Apart from that, there's no point in replacing Perez anyway. He did all that was required of him...
Is he there as a known quantity to measure Liam Lawson by?
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Wouter

Verstappen samples Honda NSX-GT SUPER GT car

Max Verstappen got behind the wheel of a Honda SUPER GT car for the first time at Motegi on Saturday ahead of the marque's end-of-year 'Thanks Day' event.
In between practice runs at a rain-soaked Motegi on Saturday, Honda revealed that Verstappen found time to sample Honda's #99 NSX-GT development car, which was not sporting 2022-spec 'Type S' bodywork.
The Dutchman was also pictured in conversation with two-time SUPER GT champion Naoki Yamamoto.
https://www.motorsport.com/supergt/news ... /10405164/

Image ... Image

Image ... Image

The Power of Dreams!