Ferrari 675 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
sbrillo
sbrillo

Re: Ferrari 675 Speculation Thread

Blackout wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 13:51
These two guys didnt relay Gazzetta'ss latest hogwash about the PU power gains of the 4 manufacturers AFAIK, so they must be serious people.
Gazetta is absolutely scam. I'm italian and i know for sure. They always write fake news. Ferrari has to face the "media" problems. When they wins one gp, looks like we have won the championship, when they loose one gp, it's already over. They invented all rumors on every ferrari next cars months before the next season and they're always wrong. Do not give credit.
formula.uno, newsf1 are the only that you should take seriously.
Last edited by sbrillo on 19 Jan 2023, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.

organic

I don't trust Italian media with this sort of thing normally, but Duchessa seems to be involved and his Ferrari info usually pans out. Haven't seen it fail.

Agree with Vanja that 1s faster than Abu Dhabi 2022 is crazy, but 1s faster than pre-season/Bahrain f1-75 seems plausible.. less so when considering the floor changes, but realm of possibility

LM10
LM10

jumpingfish wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 14:51
Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 13:58
Andi76 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 13:43
The italian press really is one of the problems of Ferrari. The 2023 cars were said to be around 0.5 secs slower and the 675 should be one second faster? These numbers are definetely made up, i agree.
Either made-up or missing context, e.g 1s faster than same time last year (pre-season) or something like that. 1s faster than F1-75 in AD is absolutely mad.
To be honest, I think it's small number for me. RB was faster than Ferrari so italians should find near two seconds per lap if they want to be safe. Be faster than F1-75 means 0.5 - 0.7s faster than RB18 so it's not the number I want to see in 2023 :(
Yes there is lap time increasing because of new regulations but it is only the second year of these cars, they should find much more speed.
1 second is a monster number in a time with heavy restrictions on budget and development.

jumpingfish

LM10 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 15:03
jumpingfish wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 13:58

Either made-up or missing context, e.g 1s faster than same time last year (pre-season) or something like that. 1s faster than F1-75 in AD is absolutely mad.
To be honest, I think it's small number for me. RB was faster than Ferrari so italians should find near two seconds per lap if they want to be safe. Be faster than F1-75 means 0.5 - 0.7s faster than RB18 so it's not the number I want to see in 2023 :(
Yes there is lap time increasing because of new regulations but it is only the second year of these cars, they should find much more speed.
1 second is a monster number in a time with heavy restrictions on budget and development.
No :( Look at W13, this car was much slower than F1-75 at the start of the season but in Brasil they brought 1-2. So 1sec against Ferrari-2022 is not enough because I'm sure Rb19 and W14 will be fast enough compared themselves. Only more than 2sec from project 675 can make me happy.

organic

jumpingfish wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 15:08
LM10 wrote:
jumpingfish wrote:

No :( Look at W13, this car was much slower than F1-75 at the start of the season but in Brasil they brought 1-2. So 1sec against Ferrari-2022 is not enough because I'm sure Rb19 and W14 will be fast enough compared themselves. Only more than 2sec from project 675 can make me happy.
Well Merc's "development" in 2022 was not a regular situation of development. They didn't find that performance from 0. There was missing performance at the start of the season that was fundamentally in the car, they just had to unlock it. They found this performance and some more with updates. But it is not a regular situation.

2 seconds faster than f1-75 is fantasy land

Cs98
Cs98

jumpingfish wrote:
LM10 wrote:
jumpingfish wrote:

One second faster than 2022, with regulation changes that supposedly slow them down by 0,5 seconds. If that were true it would be a big step forwards.

Perhaps not impossible due to the young regulations, and teams reducing weight, but not likely either.

Vanja #66

jumpingfish wrote:
1-2 in Brasil was pure luck, Max-Lewis crash got them both out of race to win and without it Max would have had it easy. Not to mention Norris pushing Leclerc out, Ferrari messing Leclerc Q with wet tyres making him out as well...

We won't know how teams handled floor changes and new car design before Bahrain Q, but getting 1s more than AD car is way too much since floor changes cost roughly 0.5s. You can't make up 1.5s in slow-medium corners with slightly softer suspension alone.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

sbrillo
sbrillo

Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 15:24
jumpingfish wrote:
1-2 in Brasil was pure luck, Max-Lewis crash got them both out of race to win and without it Max would have had it easy. Not to mention Norris pushing Leclerc out, Ferrari messing Leclerc Q with wet tyres making him out as well...

We won't know how teams handled floor changes and new car design before Bahrain Q, but getting 1s more than AD car is way too much since floor changes cost roughly 0.5s. You can't make up 1.5s in slow-medium corners with slightly softer suspension alone.
I think that with change in aerodynamics, mechanicals, tyre, floor and power unit maybe it's possible that 675 project could be 1+s quicker than f1-75. This compare is made on a simulator, so all parts are involved, not just the aerodynamics.

jumpingfish

Well, 1 sec is not bad, but I have no doubt that Red Bull with Newey will be able to find the same 1 sec, which puts Ferrari to the second place again. I am an avid skeptic but will be happy with the Ferrari titles. So I'll wait the end of the season. Probably the reduction in wind tunnel time will hurt the RB19.

LM10
LM10

jumpingfish wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 15:38
Well, 1 sec is not bad, but I have no doubt that Red Bull with Newey will be able to find the same 1 sec, which puts Ferrari to the second place again. I am an avid skeptic but will be happy with the Ferrari titles. So I'll wait the end of the season. Probably the reduction in wind tunnel time will hurt the RB19.
Ferrari has been the fastest car on one lap pace over the majority of last season. Where RB18 stood out was the race pace, but more so after TD39.

jumpingfish

LM10 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 15:50
jumpingfish wrote:
Ferrari has been the fastest car on one lap pace over the majority of last season. Where RB18 stood out was the race pace, but more so after TD39.
Pole positions are good, but I'm more interested in the racing pace of the 675 adn strategy, because even starting 1-2 in Monaco, they managed to lose. What is the use of pace on one lap if they come to the finish line in races later than their rivals.

LM10
LM10

jumpingfish wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 15:58
LM10 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 15:50
jumpingfish wrote:
Pole positions are good, but I'm more interested in the racing pace of the 675 adn strategy, because even starting 1-2 in Monaco, they managed to lose. What is the use of pace on one lap if they come to the finish line in races later than their rivals.
Pole positions usually show the pure pace of a car. Race pace is about tyre management more than anything else. If you have a car capable of getting pole most of the time, you don’t have to worry THAT much, to say the least.
What Ferrari needs to improve on primarily is tyre management and strategy obviously.

Xwang
Xwang

It seems that the car is so fast that they had to modify in the simulator the equation of motion to add relativistic effects :D
I'm joking of course

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 19:12
LM10 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 16:19
jumpingfish wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 15:58

Pole positions usually show the pure pace of a car. Race pace is about tyre management more than anything else. If you have a car capable of getting pole most of the time, you don’t have to worry THAT much, to say the least.
What Ferrari needs to improve on primarily is tyre management and strategy obviously.
Has there been any reports of a reshuffling of management under Vasseur? Otherwise I cannot see how strategy would improve.

With that said, if the car is fast, and can manage the tires, strat is irrelevant (that was Merc's recipe for a few years).
No precise info here, but Duchessa says that there is not a large revolution currently happening with Vasseur's arrival:
Currently, as far as we know, Fred Vasseur has tiptoed into Maranello. There does not seem to be an air of revolution, at least immediately, rather a certain elasticity of continuity. Something that seems to have been much appreciated at the factory after some initial misgivings. After all, it seems to be not only the most correct but also the most intelligent attitude, and the French manager has repeatedly shown important adaptability. Taking the responsibility to turn a very heavy ship like Ferrari sharply around can often be counterproductive, nevertheless we will see some changes, which have already been in place for some time.
https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-675-alm ... imulatore/

On the topic of the Ferrari 675 being faster than the 2022 car by a second, the article does go into detail how that may be possible:

It mentions the reduction of exposure to porpoising will speed up the cars because they don't have to run the car in a suboptimal ride height, and also the tires being less prone to understeer and front tyre graining. So the article claiming the 1s figure provides some explanation of how this may have happened. Not mentioned is that teams will be able to move ballast around this season potentially, and the weight limit itself is slightly lower both of which will bring performance.

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 19:12
With that said, if the 675 is fast, and can manage the tires, strat would be redundant in most cases (that was Merc's recipe for a few years).
Strat was redundant in Monaco for sure (even Silverstone and Hungary I would say), yet they lost those wins with unfatomable ease...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie