FIA Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Soalar

Re: FIA Thread

diffuser wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 16:19
FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem has sent a letter to F1 team bosses in which he has decided to relinquish the hands-on running of the governing body. Sulayem, who was elected the president of F1's governing body in December 2021, and quickly outlined a plan to restructure the FIA's F1 operations.2 hours ago

But the 61-year-old Emirati will now only concentrate on "strategic matters" going forward, with director of single-seater racing Nikolas Tombazis taking over the "day-to-day" running

sounds like he's putting someone between him and FOM...

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... perations.
Its strange that a comment made 20 years ago can have such an impact.. Nobody likes people who THINK they are smarter then Others. But because of that he said "women" it's news. If he said men or just people this would never made it to the public eye.

Wouter

All along the intention

A spokesman for the motorsport federation reveals in a statement to various media that even before Ben Sulayem's appointment, it had been decided that the president would at some point step down from some of his duties:

"The President’s manifesto clearly set out this plan before he was elected.
The FIA president has many areas of focus, including global motorsport and mobility. Now that Formula 1's structural reorganisation has been completed, this is a natural next step.It pledged ‘the appointment of an FIA CEO to provide an integrated and aligned operation,’ as well as to ‘introduce a revised governance framework’ under ‘a leadership team focused on transparency, democracy, and growth.’ (...) The FIA President has a wide remit that covers the breadth of global motor sport and mobility, and now that the structural reorganisation in Formula 1 is complete this is a natural next step.”
The Power of Dreams!

Soalar

Wouter wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 19:07
All along the intention

A spokesman for the motorsport federation reveals in a statement to various media that even before Ben Sulayem's appointment, it had been decided that the president would at some point step down from some of his duties:

The FIA president has many areas of focus, including global motorsport and mobility. Now that Formula 1's structural reorganisation has been completed, this is a natural next step.It pledged ‘the appointment of an FIA CEO to provide an integrated and aligned operation,’ as well as to ‘introduce a revised governance framework’ under ‘a leadership team focused on transparency, democracy, and growth.’ (...) The FIA President has a wide remit that covers the breadth of global motor sport and mobility, and now that the structural reorganisation in Formula 1 is complete this is a natural next step.”
I stand corrected, Thanks Wouter 🙏

saviour stivala

Regardless of the British media push He is still the FIA president with all the power that goes with it.

AR3-GP

Soalar wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 20:33
Wouter wrote:
All along the intention

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss your initial suspicions. The timing is uncanny...Of course it was always "in the plan" but at what point they would "activate" the plan wasn't so clear. The precise timing has no doubt been influenced by the ongoing disagreements.

Soalar

AR3-GP wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 21:01
Soalar wrote:
Wouter wrote:
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss your initial suspicions. The timing is uncanny...Of course it was always "in the plan" but at what point they would "activate" the plan wasn't so clear. The precise timing has no doubt been influenced by the ongoing disagreements.
I still have my suspicions 😉

Wouter

Soalar wrote:
Wouter wrote:
All along the intention

I didn't posted it to correct you sir! I just read it en posted it here just for information. Bit strange the time of publishing this statement.
The Power of Dreams!

diffuser

saviour stivala wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 20:46
Regardless of the British media push He is still the FIA president with all the power that goes with it.
He was elected, not hired. I presume that makes it harder to get rid of him.

I think the British media stuff and the comment on women was brought to the forefront by FOM as an attack on him. They didn't like his comment that the $20 Billion price tag was an inflate price to ask by Liberty to sell F1 to some Saudi group.

Soalar

diffuser wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 22:16
saviour stivala wrote:
08 Feb 2023, 20:46
He was elected, not hired. I presume that makes it harder to get rid of him.

I think the British media stuff and the comment on women was brought to the forefront by FOM as an attack on him. They didn't like his comment that the $20 Billion price tag was an inflate price to ask by Liberty to sell F1 to some Saudi group.
Exactly what I was thinking.

pob

Yes, it was a powerplay: the inclusion of David Richards as a potential replacement is a classic indicator, he was always rolled out when someone wanted to inject something into the F1 rumour mill to push an agenda.

Climb down re: driver political statement announced quietly, late in the afternoon on a Friday…go figure.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2023/02/ ... ments-ban/
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

chrisc90

Makes sense. Should get rid of any politics from the sport.

Wonder if they are going to enforce the jewellery thing they tried to last year aswell.

Mosin123

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Feb 2023, 22:41

Wonder if they are going to enforce the jewellery thing they tried to last year aswell.
But the sport is political,They get involved in it eg banning Russians from competing / removing races, and it was only just over a year ago, they was all up for " We race as one..." Its blantenly obvious its been done to protect certain countrys who pay the fia the big bucks to host races and they dont want to upset them. Nothing more. sportwashing.........

saviour stivala

Mosin123 wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 01:31
chrisc90 wrote:

But the sport is political,They get involved in it eg banning Russians from competing / removing races, and it was only just over a year ago, they was all up for " We race as one..." Its blantenly obvious its been done to protect certain countrys who pay the fia the big bucks to host races and they dont want to upset them. Nothing more. sportwashing.........
Like most other countries the FIA have been forced (not their preferred chose) into the Russian thing.

johnny comelately

Mosin123 wrote:
18 Feb 2023, 01:31
chrisc90 wrote:

Hear here