2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

That won’t do much. Ricciardo is still driving for Mclaren. Binotto is not leaving Ferrari. Otmar is not leaving Aston Martinz Williams isn’t for sale. Etc etc.

Interesting times. It doesn’t make sense to sell. Maybe this is just a reminder to the team management that AT needs to start turning a profit.

NL_Fer

kediown wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 15:03
Is selling really beneficial for Redbull? In money wise, of course, but having 2 extra seats + a car for testing your engine is very good in F1.
I feel the message is there want to sell them team, but keep them as RBPT customer.

Wouter

28 feb 2023 #AlphaTauri #F1 #NyckDeVries
Our new F1 recruit Nyck de Vries sits down for Season 3 of Behind The Visor, and goes into detail
about what makes him a perfectionist.

The Power of Dreams!

HPD

I'm happy with Yuki performance

vassilispapadop

HPD wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 20:28
I'm happy with Yuki performance
It looked very matured. So sad he didn't manage to pass Albono who also had an excellent race. It reminded me Monza last year(i think :wtf: ) where Williams was so slippery on the straights and overtaking them was hard. Perhaps AT is more traction limited compared to Williams.

organic

Yuki was good, car not so much. fighting 7th-10th quickest probably this season, and McLaren's double-DNF flattered AT.

Maybe Bahrain didn't suit the car, but still not good enough. The developments this season have to be better because last season with 1 floor upgrade and 1 front wing upgrade (which didn't even work) was truly embarrassing

organic

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/tost- ... /10444854/
Tost: I don't trust AlphaTauri engineers after underperforming F1 car
AlphaTauri Formula 1 team principal Franz Tost has taken the dramatic step of saying that he doesn’t trust his engineers after the AT04 failed to live up to expectations.
"The engineers are telling me that we will make some good progress, but I don't trust them anymore.
"During the winter months they told me the car is fantastic, we've made a big progress," he said. "Then we come to Bahrain and we are nowhere. What should I say?"
:shock:

AR3-GP

organic wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 18:49
AlphaTauri Formula 1 team principal Franz Tost has taken the dramatic step of saying that he doesn’t trust his engineers after the AT04 failed to live up to expectations.
"The engineers are telling me that we will make some good progress, but I don't trust them anymore.
"During the winter months they told me the car is fantastic, we've made a big progress," he said. "Then we come to Bahrain and we are nowhere. What should I say?"
Seems almost similar to the situation at Mercedes...

Sevach

organic wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 18:49
Good lord, i feel bad for those guys.
A Binotto style boss, one that goes down with the ship, has it's value.

gshevlin

Well, if he wanted to make sure that his best engineers start looking for other places to work, that was a good starting action.
That was appalling leadership. He would be fired in some of the corporations i have worked at in the past.

Wouter

Tost doesn't seem like a nice boss to work for. He demands very much from his people, too much.
For example, he thinks they could race a GP every weekend, but that would be too much for the fans! :shock:
He doesn't think at all that that is too much for the people of SAT, always away from home. :roll:
He also thinks the summer break is nonsense, just keep working. #-o
When you talk about everything like that I can imagine that the engineers wanted to keep him happy by saying that the car had been improved to keep the peace. Tost is not as easygoing/a nice man as he seems to his people.
If a driver said goodbye / had to say goodbye, he never paid attention to it. Rarely seen a nice message from him in the media.
Very disrespectful. What he said today about the engineers to the media also shows very little respect. That's what you keep indoors.
I always liked him very much but the last two years he has shown how he really is.
The Power of Dreams!

mendis

Wouter wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 22:45
Tost doesn't seem like a nice boss to work for. He demands very much from his people, too much.
For example, he thinks they could race a GP every weekend, but that would be too much for the fans! :shock:
He doesn't think at all that that is too much for the people of SAT, always away from home. :roll:
When you talk about everything like that I can imagine that the engineers wanted to keep him happy by saying that the car had been improved to keep the peace. Tost is not as easygoing/a nice man as he seems to his people.
If a driver said goodbye / had to say goodbye, he never paid attention to it. Rarely seen a nice message from him in the media.
Very disrespectful. What he said today about the engineers to the media also shows very little respect. That's what you keep indoors.
I always liked him very much but the last two years he has shown how he really is.
I don't understand why people like Franz tost and Gunther Steiner are paid for their job and why they are in the job. Both are total failures.

SAT needs a new team principal and a new TD. They are massive under achievers despite all the freedom and money they have. Williams has made better progress than SAT, despite having an engine that is slightly off Honda.

maxxer

Wouter wrote:
17 Mar 2023, 22:45
Seems was Tost was on a holiday and came back finding the car bad.
But instead he was in charge and knew which direction to go.
So now he his position is under pressure so he blames others while he was in charge

Wouter

Well, great news!! :(

The Power of Dreams!

Rikhart

I'm liking 2023's Tsunoda, he looks much more mature than before.