2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Zynerji wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 17:37
With the development offset, budget cap, and WDC class driver, AM could be the new Brawn. It depends on the first updates at this point. If AMR bring .4s more than RBR, it's on.
Reminds of of Kimi at Lotus with the front exhaust teaming with Petrov.
That car was a dark horse, could have won more races but the team couldnt support it's development to keep up with Redbull.
For Sure!!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ringo wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 17:57
Zynerji wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 17:37
With the development offset, budget cap, and WDC class driver, AM could be the new Brawn. It depends on the first updates at this point. If AMR bring .4s more than RBR, it's on.
Reminds of of Kimi at Lotus with the front exhaust teaming with Petrov.
That car was a dark horse, could have won more races but the team couldnt support it's development to keep up with Redbull.
That's because Lotus had no money

AMR is fully backed. This is absolutely nothing like a Lotus or a Brawn situation.

Venturiation
Venturiation

dan fallows made the RB18 and project of RB19 so he knows every detail

redbull are angry because he knows the tricks that makes them fast

never there was a car that jumped from 7th on the gris to 2nd in just 6 months

redbull lost him and aston martin have a real advantage now
but how long will it take for other teams to learn what fallows is doing?

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

zoroastar
zoroastar

Venturiation wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:01

following a concept, and blatently stealing and copying a design are 2 differnt things. i would challenge anyone to point out any visible area on the aston where the team has blatantly copied the redbull. if you see it, please point it out because i dont think its there. the problem for redbull is that there are many ways to achieve the same thing in aero design, and unless the team were dumb enough to copy and paste like they did with the mercedes a couple of years back, before fallows was there, its all conjecture. aston are just doing what every other team on the grid are doing with better people. thats not even taking into account that redbull are using fallows designs to start with.

Venturiation
Venturiation

zoroastar wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:14
Venturiation wrote:

following a concept, and blatently stealing and copying a design are 2 differnt things. i would challenge anyone to point out any visible area on the aston where the team has blatantly copied the redbull. if you see it, please point it out because i dont think its there. the problem for redbull is that there are many ways to achieve the same thing in aero design, and unless the team were dumb enough to copy and paste like they did with the mercedes a couple of years back, before fallows was there, its all conjecture. aston are just doing what every other team on the grid are doing with better people. thats not even taking into account that redbull are using fallows designs to start with.
they didn't copy anything

fallows made the RB18

when he joined aston martin he made a car with everything that was good in RB18 and improved where he wanted

the point is is RB19 and AMR23 are far ajead everyone and fallows seems to have a trick that no one knows yet , and it isn't about the sidepods but something that makes the ground effect cars work

ferrari and mercedes were 1 second faster in the simulator but failed on track

aston martin and redbull all hit their goals perfectly

and it isn't a problems with the tool mercedes and aston martin use the same

i can see aston martin having better upgrades because redbull doesn't have fallows anymore

everyone is saying newey made the car but he doesn't have much imput any more

zoroastar
zoroastar

Venturiation wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:23
zoroastar wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:14
Venturiation wrote:

they didn't copy anything

fallows made the RB18

when he joined aston martin he made a car with everything that was good in RB18 and improved where he wanted

the point is is RB19 and AMR23 are far ajead everyone and fallows seems to have a trick that no one knows yet , and it isn't about the sidepods but something that makes the ground effect cars work

ferrari and mercedes were 1 second faster in the simulator but failed on track

aston martin and redbull all hit their goals perfectly

and it isn't a problems with the tool mercedes and aston martin use the same

i can see aston martin having better upgrades because redbull doesn't have fallows anymore

everyone is saying newey made the car but he doesn't have much imput any more
ok i feel i may have misunderstood your post a little haha. yeah im looking forward to the first big upgrades. and im really curious to see how close the astons are to redbull on a like for like race, where no collisions occur. i think they could be a lot closer than they looked in bahrain. then we will hear the cries from redbull even stronger.

ringo

Fallows knows the principles of the performance differentiators.
But redbull are sour for accusing AMR of copying.
I hope Alonso turns WDC this year. It would make for a great story and would make F1 look better than how its managed.
For Sure!!

Bisonas

My thoughts..
IMO,

Alonso is maybe the ultimate best racer on the grid, with the best racecraft but it was never the ultimate best qualifier on the grid.
The problem last year was that the faster Alpine in the race (Alonso most of the time) often was running behind the slower Alpine in the race (Ocon). For that Alonso was to blame also (at some degree), because he in did made some mistakes on some qualifying sessions and some times Ocon just did a better job.
The team, the race engineers etc, most of the time, knows who is or will be the faster car on a race day. They obtain that knowledge by gathering data on Friday and Saturday FP sessions. If 2 drivers are extremely close they don't know for sure yea, but most of the time they have a pretty good idea. Last year on may occasions Alpine allowed the Faster Alpine to run behind the slower Alpine. That's what what frustrated me the most tbh last year. Alpine allowed that to happen. If they had a plan to always allow the faster Alpine in a race to be ahead of the slowest Alpine in the race it wouldn't be so close at the end with Mclaren.

The stakes this year are very different. We are talking about a a legit fight for a possible P2 on the constructions championship. There are a lot of money at stake this year. Not to mention Shareholders and Share price.

They have to maximize their points. Stroll Snr has to be smart this year. He knows that his son can learn a lot from Alonso. Just sharing Data with Alonso and be around him can offer high class racing knowledge to stroll.

I am certain Ocon became a better driver next to Alonso and if he wins the fight against Gasly, Alonso IMO would have played a part with it. Stroll can learn a lot also. He will be become a better driver next to Alonso.

Stroll Snr, should not make the same mistake Alpine did last year. In races that they have a clear view on which car is faster on race trim, they must allow it to always run in front of the other. Always let the faster AM run in front of the slower in the race. That's is.

I really hope they realize this early in the championship.

If there are races that they are actually very close on race pace and Lance in running in front, ok.. Let them race.
np with that.

Sorry for the long post.

Alo_Fan

ringo wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 18:47
Fallows knows the principles of the performance differentiators.
But redbull are sour for accusing AMR of copying.
I hope Alonso turns WDC this year. It would make for a great story and would make F1 look better than how its managed.
Would love Alonso to be WDC this year, but don't see AMR closing probably 0.8 seconds to beat RBR in outright race pace. However, there might be a chance for next season, and that would be amazing. Although Merc will definitely catch up soon.

F1doc
F1doc

Alo_Fan wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 20:23
Would love Alonso to be WDC this year, but don't see AMR closing probably 0.8 seconds to beat RBR in outright race pace. However, there might be a chance for next season, and that would be amazing. Although Merc will definitely catch up soon.
Similar sentiment here in wanting to see Alonso challenge. He might not win it, but seeing it play out with Verstappen would keep it more interesting.

I think the aero development restriction time impact will come into play, as AM were 7th last year and will have a significant chunk of extra time. If AM can put that to good use, they could reel in Red Bull. I suspect it'll get closer as the season goes on due to the need to balance work on next year's RB car and diverting time that way.

Merc are likely out of contention as the cost cap and their limited aero development time are massive hurdles.

chrisc90

It would be good to know exactly how much Dan knows about the RB18 and the concept. I mean it was June 2021 he was announced as the new technical director at AMR. So it does beg the question how much he knows about that car. Granted there will be a fair bit given the initial design phases.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 21:52
It would be good to know exactly how much Dan knows about the RB18 and the concept. I mean it was June 2021 he was announced as the new technical director at AMR. So it does beg the question how much he knows about that car. Granted there will be a fair bit given the initial design phases.
The regulations were initially proposed for 2021 debut so these cars were conceptualized in 2020 if not late 2019.

Regardless, people move between teams all the time for any number of reasons. There's nothing wrong with it. There has always been tech transfer as employees swap to different teams.

chrisc90

Popped up on my youtube suggestions. Dont really follow the AMR car/team threads so apologies if its a duplicate post.

Alo_Fan

chrisc90 wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 21:52
June 2022 I believe, and this is his first proper car.