How useless is sky sports f1

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mogster

Re: How useless is sky sports f1

gary71 wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 18:13
Mogster wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 15:57
Why did Sky get rid of DiResta and keep Hill? I like Damon as a colour presenter but as a technical SME in the booth he’s terrible.

I’m not sure Bernie Colin’s is a TV natural, she sounds very nervous, maybe she’ll get better. Her experience should bring good insight though. I have difficulty hearing what she’s saying over the atmosphere race sounds also.
I agree about Damon, at one point yesterday I was wondering if he was feeling okay as his speech was slow and awkward. It was as if he was struggling to keep up with the others. Hopefully he is fine and it was just my imagination. As for Bernie I get what you are saying about hearing what she is saying clearly but it was still possible and , more importantly, what she was saying had quality. Personally I am really happy that they have her there with her input.
Aye I did wonder if Hill was OK also, hopefully so. Crofty was clearly filling in for him at times.

chrisc90

Just about sums up how useless Sky is, especially crofty.

For a team that spend every minute(near enough) in the paddock, they could at least get the basic facts right. For a start Checo has 2 years left on his contract. Seemingly he has also forgotten to review the team radio, that was broadcast on the live F1 feed, that both Red Bull drivers were free to push.

Creating drama and controversy when there isn’t any there to begin with is totally stupid.

He’s effectively wanting them to compete, as checo has to show he’s worthy of a renewal, but in other news he wants Russell to let Hamilton past (Saudi GP)

Can someone add clueless into the thread title aswell as useless? :lol:

mendis

chrisc90 wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 19:11
https://i.ibb.co/KmWYPHF/89-E486-AF-299 ... 41-FFB.png

For a team that spend every minute(near enough) in the paddock, they could at least get the basic facts right. For a start Checo has 2 years left on his contract. Seemingly he has also forgotten to review the team radio, that was broadcast on the live F1 feed, that both Red Bull drivers were free to push.

Creating drama and controversy when there isn’t any there to begin with is totally stupid.

He’s effectively wanting them to compete, as checo has to show he’s worthy of a renewal, but in other news he wants Russell to let Hamilton past (Saudi GP)

Considering they cater to the lowest common denominator in terms of audiences, it's a sin to take their statements seriously on a forum like this where the audiences are more learned about F1 than anywhere else. They are paid to make this sort of noise, which is a shame.

Saudi track being high grip, smooth surface and extremely low abrasion made Perez's pace look like a match to Max. I think on more traditional surfaces like in Australia, the usual gap will open up and that could kill the Sky F1 enthusiasm about Perez's fight.

chrisc90

I agree. It’s no match for a quality forum like this one, with proper fans.

However it doesn’t take 2 minutes to fact check your work, to at least get the 2 basics your reporting on correct.

And people question why teams boycott the media. Teams should come out and stand against the rubbish that gets posted, as people end up calling the drivers and the team out for what happened. That doesn’t do well stop the hate between teams.

Mosin123

chrisc90 wrote:
23 Mar 2023, 19:11
https://i.ibb.co/KmWYPHF/89-E486-AF-299 ... 41-FFB.png

Does his contract not run out in 24?

chrisc90

Mosin123 wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 00:17

Yeah, end of 2024. I can see him signing further. You’d need some serious concerns not to sign with the most successful team in a set of aero regs.

Mosin123

chrisc90 wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 00:33
Mosin123 wrote:

Yeah, end of 2024. I can see him signing further. You’d need some serious concerns not to sign with the most successful team in a set of aero regs.
So he has a year left then, not two, so they are correct

AR3-GP

Mosin123 wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 00:41
chrisc90 wrote:
Mosin123 wrote:

At this early stage of the year (3rd month, and 2nd race of a 23 race calendar), I would still refer to it as 2 years (seasons) left. For all intended purposes, Checo still had 2 full seasons to drive.

chrisc90

Yeah, we are 2 races into a fresh season.

It’s not 2 races from the end when checo needs to show his worth.

Checo’s chance of getting a drive isn’t going to be solely based on his 2024 performance. There is still 21 races left of 2023 to worry about.

So Sky we’re wrong… again.

Oleo

Mosin123 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
Mosin123 wrote:

Not sure what you guys are on about. Its not a discussion of 1,5 vs 2 years or similar.
Take a look at the picture: The quote is: "Perez is in the last year of his contract..."
So no, he/they is/are apparently wrong.

mendis

Mosin123 wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
Mosin123 wrote:

You don't have to defend Sky so hard, just because they are hardcore Mercedes and Lewis supporters, that even their stupid mistakes get ignored.

chrisc90

When P2 becomes the new Pole position.

DGP123

Glad Brundle wasn’t there this weekend. Just the difference in passion, energy and excitement with Button there, just elevated the race. Great insights too.

BanMeToo

Agree Button did an excellent job this weekend. I'd rather Croft be absent than Brundle..

Zxeros

Ted trying to stir up fake drama with the Hamilton private radio talk was embarrassing, I know that's his job but it's pathetic.