2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ValeVida46

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

mendis wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 15:45
I am sure Horner and Max enjoy having whatever advantage they have, regardless of how big it is for so long as it keeps them comfortably ahead. They have learnt a few PR stunts from Mercedes to underplay their advantage. Any team that has an advantage wouldn't say it loud to avoid FIA intervention. Red Bull currently have enough advantage to stay ahead until 2025. It would be interesting to see how long George goes on with his amusement at Red Bull pace! This is his second year of his great performance as "Chief PR Officer" for Red Bull performance. He deserves a part of Red Bull Sponsor payments, who would be delighted every time when they hear George talking about RB pace. :)
Nah, I don't see it as nefariously as you do.

Drivers get mics shoved in front of their face all the time. Be that on race weekends or on events or at the factory.
Like: Hi George what do you think of Red Bulls pace advantage?
If he says nothing, he's uppity.
If he says Red Bull have more pace than they've shown he's sponsored/employed by RB.
If he says Mercedes can catch them he's dreaming.

I think the assumption many fans make, and that's not just toward George, is that they take to a pulpit to preach some point to annoy some section of fans.
When really, all each and every driver is doing is answering a question being put to them.
And he had a good point speaking about Red Bull's advantage. The curious thing to me is why would Red Bull fans want to shutdown this chatter of an imperious car advantage?

mendis
mendis

ValeVida46 wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 16:32
mendis wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 15:45
I am sure Horner and Max enjoy having whatever advantage they have, regardless of how big it is for so long as it keeps them comfortably ahead. They have learnt a few PR stunts from Mercedes to underplay their advantage. Any team that has an advantage wouldn't say it loud to avoid FIA intervention. Red Bull currently have enough advantage to stay ahead until 2025. It would be interesting to see how long George goes on with his amusement at Red Bull pace! This is his second year of his great performance as "Chief PR Officer" for Red Bull performance. He deserves a part of Red Bull Sponsor payments, who would be delighted every time when they hear George talking about RB pace. :)
Nah, I don't see it as nefariously as you do.

Drivers get mics shoved in front of their face all the time. Be that on race weekends or on events or at the factory.
Like: Hi George what do you think of Red Bulls pace advantage?
If he says nothing, he's uppity.
If he says Red Bull have more pace than they've shown he's sponsored/employed by RB.
If he says Mercedes can catch them he's dreaming.

I think the assumption many fans make, and that's not just toward George, is that they take to a pulpit to preach some point to annoy some section of fans.
When really, all each and every driver is doing is answering a question being put to them.
And he had a good point speaking about Red Bull's advantage. The curious thing to me is why would Red Bull fans want to shutdown this chatter of an imperious car advantage?
The choice of words is up to a driver. So what they speak comes from their brain. They are professionals in handling media, not novices on the road side getting questions out of the blue

ValeVida46

mendis wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 16:39
The choice of words is up to a driver. So what they speak comes from their brain. They are professionals in handling media, not novices on the road side getting questions out of the blue
Absolutely.

What's wrong with George answering the question by saying Red Bull are probably hiding a lot of pace?

mendis
mendis

ValeVida46 wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 16:45
mendis wrote:
Absolutely.

What's wrong with George answering the question by saying Red Bull are probably hiding a lot of pace?
Nothing wrong. Like I said, he deserves some payment from RB for such a PR work. :D

ValeVida46

mendis wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 16:46
Nothing wrong. Like I said, he deserves some payment from RB for such a PR work. :D
I guess both Mercedes and Red Bull would be indebted to the other.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ValeVida46 wrote:
mendis wrote:
Absolutely.

It seems like even though everyone is getting asked the same questions, only certain members of the paddock are using the opportunity to push specific agendas. Ferrari and Aston Martin got asked the same questions. They managed to reply without implying that the regs should be changed (for the second year in a row…). One driver of the silver team changed his tune and said the regs didnt deliver what FOM promised as if it’s the FIAs fault that his team didn’t build a good car. The other one has also been angling with comments about sandbagging.

ValeVida46

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 16:55
ValeVida46 wrote:
mendis wrote:
Absolutely.

It seems like even though everyone is getting asked the same questions, only certain members of the paddock are using the opportunity to push specific agendas. Ferrari and Aston Martin got asked the same questions. They managed to reply without implying that the regs should be changed (for the second year in a row…). One driver of the silver team changed his tune and said the regs didnt deliver what FOM promised as if it’s the FIAs fault that his team didn’t build a good car. The other one has also been angling with comments about sandbagging.
Leclerc: Ferrari must understand why Red Bull is on "another planet"
Alonso: We need some help from them, but it will happen eventually, when they cannot always finish first and second.
Sainz: Red Bull have killed the opposition coming up with a car that is clearly superior to everyone else
They all admit the RB is clearly superior, as if it even needs saying. What is the controversy in suggesting they might be sandbagging?

If Russell contends that they might be sandbagging, to which Marko himself said they were protecting the cars, and Max Verstappen saying he took it easy, what seems to be issue with what Russell is saying?
What's so offensive about saying RB were just taking a stroll in a superior car? :lol:

As for the "FIA's fault that his team didn't build a good car" comment...I actually never heard of that. But I googled it and came up with this story(link attached).
When asked about the dirty air ensuing from the 2023 cars.
Nope, it’s the same as the past says Hamilton
I think last year for us was pretty bad with the bouncing, because you’ve got the turbulence and the bouncing, whereas this year we don’t have the bouncing, so we have less issues following cars.
I think it’s still a little bit better than the previous generation of cars. But hasn’t delivered everything that it said it would, so got some improvements to make hopefully for the future

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2023/04/ ... -promised/

I don't think this means what your portraying it to. It's pretty clear what the question and the answer was.

mendis
mendis

AR3-GP wrote:
One driver of the silver team changed his tune and said the regs didnt deliver what FOM promised as if it’s the FIAs fault that his team didn’t build a good car. The other one has also been angling with comments about sandbagging.
Funny thing is, even Mike Elliot mentioned in one of his videos that the regulations didn't meet the intent. :) So it's natural for George to follow suit as it seems that feeling is institutionalised in Mercedes currently.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merc ... /10427162/

ValeVida46

mendis wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 17:34
AR3-GP wrote:
One driver of the silver team changed his tune and said the regs didnt deliver what FOM promised as if it’s the FIAs fault that his team didn’t build a good car. The other one has also been angling with comments about sandbagging.
Funny thing is, even Mike Elliot mentioned in one of his videos that the regulations didn't meet the intent. :) So it's natural for George to follow suit as it seems that feeling is institutionalised in Mercedes currently.

Hmm I guess Sainz must feel "Merc institutionalised" too.
https://racingnews365.com/sainz-believe ... -to-follow

And Leclerc:
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2023/03/ ... vertaking/

mendis
mendis

ValeVida46 wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 18:06
mendis wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 17:34
AR3-GP wrote:

Hmm I guess Sainz must feel "Merc institutionalised" too.
https://racingnews365.com/sainz-believe ... -to-follow

And Leclerc:
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2023/03/ ... vertaking/
Well, when asked in an interview, Pat Symonds didn't agree as the data doesn't suggest the concerns are true.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1023864/1 ... -same-past
F1’s own technical director Pat Symonds dismissed any early concerns following Sainz’s initial comments in Saudi Arabia.

“I’m not sure,” he added. “Our statistics of how close the cars are following don’t appear to have changed much.

ValeVida46

mendis wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 18:17

F1’s own technical director Pat Symonds dismissed any early concerns following Sainz’s initial comments in Saudi Arabia.

“I’m not sure,” he added. “Our statistics of how close the cars are following don’t appear to have changed much.
Dismissed concerns? C'mon geezer, did you read what he said at the bottom of the page?
We’ve only had two samples so far so it’s a little bit difficult to tell. But it’s certainly something that we and the FIA will keep monitoring and we’ll have a look

So we moved from misquoting Hamilton for asking to change the rules cos his team messed up (Not you btw), to suggesting its "Merc institutionalisation" but when given 2 Ferrari drivers to show otherwise, its Pat symmonds who says they're all wrong....when in fact he says nothing of the sort and it's "difficult to tell and we'll keep looking and monitoring". That's anything but dismissive.

All from a comment George made about Red Bull sandbagging.
Why don't Red Bull fans want to admit their car is super fast and that they aren't even close to pushing to the max?
Surely that's an enviable position to be in for any fan of any team.

CMC
CMC

ValeVida46 wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 18:30
Why don't Red Bull fans want to admit their car is super fast and that they aren't even close to pushing to the max?
Cue the comments about "why didn't Mercedes in 2014...."

Such an endless, circular debate.

mendis
mendis

ValeVida46 wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 18:30
mendis wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 18:17

Dismissed concerns? C'mon geezer, did you read what he said at the bottom of the page?
We’ve only had two samples so far so it’s a little bit difficult to tell. But it’s certainly something that we and the FIA will keep monitoring and we’ll have a look

So we moved from misquoting Hamilton for asking to change the rules cos his team messed up (Not you btw), to suggesting its "Merc institutionalisation" but when given 2 Ferrari drivers to show otherwise, its Pat symmonds who says they're all wrong....when in fact he says nothing of the sort and it's "difficult to tell and we'll keep looking and monitoring". That's anything but dismissive.

All from a comment George made about Red Bull sandbagging.
Surely that's an enviable position to be in for any fan of any team.
Stop trolling. I gave the answer you were searching for. You are going in circle asking the same question to deviate away. You highlighted concern from Ferrari drivers making it look authentic and I quoted Pat and that is questionable? What nonsense. At the end of the year if the data proves as such then so be it. 1 race and Ferrari drivers are correct in their concerns, but not Pat Symonds.
Last edited by mendis on 12 Apr 2023, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

ValeVida46 wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 17:25
AR3-GP wrote:
ValeVida46 wrote:

Absolutely.

Leclerc: Ferrari must understand why Red Bull is on "another planet"
Alonso: We need some help from them, but it will happen eventually, when they cannot always finish first and second.
Sainz: Red Bull have killed the opposition coming up with a car that is clearly superior to everyone else
They all admit the RB is clearly superior, as if it even needs saying. What is the controversy in suggesting they might be sandbagging?

There's a difference between saying another car is quick and leaving it at that vs "accusing" them of "sandbagging" which only has negative connotations, as well as suggestions of more regulation's changes needed, and so on.

I think I've made a clear point.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 12 Apr 2023, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

What evidence is there to suggest that the car isnt being run to its full potential?

I mean in this era of regulations, the car certainly hasnt locked out the grid on every qualifying session, or finished 1-2 in every race.