2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Perez still bringing up his silly mistake in melbourne as a team fault in some capacity is so cringe. Even saying without it he'd be leading the championship, forgetting verstappen was trashing him in saudi before that driveshaft failure in qualifying. Just perez being perez, always has to throw his team under the bus even when everything went well for him.

Rinde
Rinde

It does not seem fair on Perez. You took his words to fit a narrative that suits your bias. He did a good job yesterday. He doesn't usually, but he did. Give credit where it's due. Redbull got -1 points of maximum available this weekend. Cheer up.

PinkFloydPulse

Well, the team, especially Horner is clearly favouring Max, so what do you expect?
Team Fernando!

Wouter

Adrian Newey signs new contract, committing F1 future to Red Bull

Adrian Newey has further linked his Formula 1 future to Red Bull Racing. Information from Motorsport.com shows that the coveted designer has signed a new contract with the Milton Keynes team. Red Bull thus manages to keep one of the important links in the current success story on board.

By means of:
Ronald Vording
Co-author:
Jonathan Noble
May 1, 2023 11:15 am

-----------------------------------------------

Adrian Newey's current contract with Red Bull was due to expire at the end of this calendar year. Lately there have been rumors about a departure, but that is not the case. No press release from Red Bull is expected, says Motorsport.com. The team of Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez never makes any statements about how long a contract will last.

https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/adria ... /10463641/

Although Red Bull will not make an official announcement or say anything about the term of the new contract, Christian Horner is extremely pleased with the retention of Newey, who was brought to Red Bull's F1 project in 2006. "Adrian has been a fundamental part of our team and our success almost since the beginning," the team boss told Motorsport.com. "He takes care of an extraordinary amount of things and to be able to draw on his vast experience for all those things is of course great for us. It is also wonderful to see how he works with the young guard. He motivates everyone and is also very interested in what is happening at Powertrains and Advanced Technology, which puts him above the three branches that we have on the Red Bull Campus."

According to Horner, Newey is also very much looking forward to 2026, when Red Bull will drive its own F1 engine for the first time and the chassis and power source can therefore be perfectly matched in theory. "People may be less aware of that, but Adrian is also quite competent when it comes to combustion engines and the like. You can see that he is already very closely involved in that project and sees a lot of potential in it in the longer term."
The Power of Dreams!

Juzh

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
01 May 2023, 11:52
Well, the team, especially Horner is clearly favouring Max, so what do you expect?
You're seeing ghosts, give me one example of favouritism so far this season. This team picked up perez when he was about to punted out of f1, stuck with him for 2 years of almost abysmal performance apart from a few races, gave him a new contract and now a totally dominant car, yet dude's only fixation is about some minor fault that might (!) have happened on the car. I don't hear verstappen going on about that saudi thing every 2 seconds, even being screwed by SC in baku he said things can happen and so be it.

Rinde
Rinde

F1 is a team sport. Yes the glory is usually carried by the individual drivers but I'd hopes it gives one joy to see a 1-2 irregardless of the order. I think the candor in which Horner, Helmut, Checo and Max express themselves is a little strange in a world of political correctness and a massage of sensitivities. I think they all say what they mean and fully expect to be understood as such. It's rather refreshing and what makes being a redbull fan such a joy.

Curbstone
Curbstone

Good performance by Perez, a bit lucky on the safety car, but 'luck must be enforced', so credits to Perez.

Was anyone listening to Perez' radio? Verstappen was constantly adjusting his tools during the race trying to improve the balance between engine braking and the diff. and being updated on where he lost out on Perez, I wonder if Perez had similar issues.
I was surprised by the early stop of Verstappen, he was told he wasn't pushing as much as Perez so I expected a bit more tire life.

toraabe
toraabe

I am sure that Perez nailed the setup quite early. It could be a repeat next weekend.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Reportedly, Adrian Newey has been quite involved with the combustion stuff for the RBPT engine:

https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/newey ... /10463637/
Horner also said that Newey had been fired-up by the prospect of Red Bull producing its own engines from 2026 – which meant the squad would be designing its entire package for the first time ever.

“Adrian is a very competent engineer regarding all things to do with combustion,” said Horner. “You can see that he's fully bought into the concept and sees the potential that it really brings longer term.”

Sieper

The most important is that he knows they are in control of it. The Renault years were highly frustrating for Newey.

chrisc90

So itll be 23-27 at least then. another 4 year contract given he's involved the the RBPT for 2026.

PlatinumZealot

I am more than concerned for Checo here. The psychological pressure of knowing your boss not only favours your teammate, but openly discredits your performance and is already setting you to fail way before any real problems occur. Checo must be a really strong character to endure this favouritism and still perform at the level he's doing now. Let's see how long he can keep up the fight.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

PlatinumZealot wrote:
02 May 2023, 02:14
I am more than concerned for Checo here. The psychological pressure of knowing your boss not only favours your teammate, but openly discredits your performance and is already setting you to fail way before any real problems occur. Checo must be a really strong character to endure this favouritism and still perform at the level he's doing now. Let's see how long he can keep up the fight.
Checo used to drive for Racing point which was owned by Lawrence Stroll and his teammate was his son Lance. Maybe he learned something.

I think F1 drivers are quite resilient and it's a requirement for making it to F1 in the first place. As you'll recall, someone else managed to defeat his illustrious teammate last year despite his teammate and his boss openly discrediting him with stories about experimental setups, sensors, and luck. :wink:

Anything is possible.

Let's behave :lol:

mendis
mendis

PlatinumZealot wrote:
One hell of a lucky driver! Got rescued by Vijay Mallya when his career came to an end after shambles at McLaren and then once again it came to a close before Red Bull rescued it and now, he ends up winning races where misfortune hits Max because the car is so far ahead of everyone else. How else would you describe that? :D

Only problem is, he still trails Max! When the cycle of misfortune comes around, just imagine!

jz11
jz11

PlatinumZealot wrote:
because he knows the script, it has happened with Merc in last few years, when the car was much better than other teams, all media does is hype up the in team competition, Bottas 1.5, Bottas 2.0, Bottas 3.0, then it just goes all quiet all of a sudden when season starts to close down and the usual suspect wins it

Perez wasn't born yesterday, he knows his role, he also knows much more than we do about the F1 politics, he knows his only chance is what Rosberg had, be in the game as long as possible, and if misfortune favors the other guy, try and cash in, might get lucky