2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

KimiRai
KimiRai

AR3-GP wrote:
11 May 2023, 02:31
I think it goes without saying that IF Alonso wants to stay, he'll stay. Remember Aston was prepared to keep Vettel who arguably wasn't even driving as well.

The "problem" is Alonso. There were rumors that this was his "last contract" by his own choice.

If Alonso chooses to leave, that's why I bring up Norris.
Fernando has said it himself. He will retire once he feels he is not up to the challenge anymore. That hasn't happened yet and Aston will respect his choice just like they did with Vettel's.

AR3-GP wrote:
11 May 2023, 03:11
Such a shame we've lost so many years of the greatest samourai having a broken sword with which he cannot fight. Only two teams have been successful in the modern era, exactly the two ones he didn't join. Talk about luck. They also blame him for leaving Ferrari but his logic that they were never going to win a championship has been proven to be right and still is as of today, and McHonda was a gamble that no one thought it could go as bad as it did. Thankfully he is getting part of what he deserves now, but honestly only a real championship fight will be enough. At least it is now a bit more likely to happen than before. We've got to hope Fallows is inspired!

McG

dren wrote:
10 May 2023, 19:56
KimiRai wrote:
10 May 2023, 09:28
Multiple sources have indicated to The Race that Honda will return to #F1 in a full capacity and commit to the new engine regulations in 2026 by partnering with current Mercedes customer Aston Martin.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/honda-f1 ... on-martin/
I hope that pans out to be true. The team is headed in a good direction.
It's a terrible fit. It's almost like if McLaren took Ferrari engines. The Mercedes is every bit as good as the Honda if not better still. All the engines are close to equal. It's the Mercedes powered cars that are dogs. Have a look at the great Honda engine in the Alpha Tauri doing absolutely nothing special. No one is in the Alpha Tauri thread singing about how great the Honda engine is.

Aston have good connections with Mercedes in the road car industry and it just works. Wouldn't be surprised if this is all BS.
F1 is dead.

diffuser

McG wrote:
11 May 2023, 04:12
dren wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
10 May 2023, 09:28
It's a terrible fit. It's almost like if McLaren took Ferrari engines. The Mercedes is every bit as good as the Honda if not better still. All the engines are close to equal. It's the Mercedes powered cars that are dogs. Have a look at the great Honda engine in the Alpha Tauri doing absolutely nothing special. No one is in the Alpha Tauri thread singing about how great the Honda engine is.

Aston have good connections with Mercedes in the road car industry and it just works. Wouldn't be surprised if this is all BS.
2026, the new engine regs will come. The first couple of years of new PU regs, there is an advantage to being a works team. The aero guys from the works team get consulted about everything. Non works team might be foruced in to early decision with not enough data. Maps will be volatile early on and not play favorable to non-works teams.

I don't see a problem with a AMR+Honda tie up.

abhi1200
abhi1200

https://www.racefans.net/2023/05/11/rac ... p-11-05-6/
The team’s technical director Dan Fallows says looking forward to continuing the development of this year’s Aston Martin AMR23 into its successor as soon as he can.

“We definitely want to start next’s year car as early as we possibly can. The game really for us is to make sure that we don’t sacrifice this year’s car,” he said.

“Inevitably it will be a form of evolution of this year’s car. So everything we can do to get data, to get updates on this year’s car will certainly inform it. But yes, we will be looking to start as early as possible.”

With no major rules changes confirmed yet for the 2024 season, the AMR23’s successor will be an “evolutionary step”, says Fallows. However he said the team “don’t want to be any less aggressive with the way we go about developing this car than we were going into this year.”

KimiRai
KimiRai

McG wrote:

The Race usually has decent credibility so I doubt its bs. Where theres smoke theres fire.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
11 May 2023, 04:48
McG wrote:
dren wrote:

The Honda PU is better than the Mercedes PU. More deployment. Your Alpha Tauri arguments don’t make sense. Even when Mercedes had the best PU by a mile in the beginning of the hybrid, Manor-Mercedes was still an utterly crap team.

Mclaren and Ferrari are market rivals. Honda and Aston Martin are not.
I wouldn't say Honda is better....it isn't really relevant, it will be a new PU after all, it will struggle with reliability at first.

@McG Honda have proven to be able to build a competitive PU. So, embrace it if it happens.

The risk with Honda is how long will they stay committed? Everything else is perfect.

dren

It would be a works team for Honda, so it would be a better fit for AM rather than taking on a customer unit.
Honda!

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Honda come and go in F1. The history tells us. So I bet AM+Honda will not happen. It could be Mclaren or AT(if AT abandoned by RB)

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Can we avoid getting personal please?

Also - Honda in this team thread?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

NAPI10
NAPI10

Any info on Imola upgrade details or estimated gains expected?
I find it quite strange, no one from AM talking abt estimated gains from the upcoming package. Either they r playing it down or the team is not expecting much improvement from this particular package.

Farnborough
Farnborough

They, AM, didn't shout it out about their car before the season started, bringing carefully considered design to the track and let that speak for them appears to be an intelligent approach, and much welcomed from me.

It's funny how all the hype people get into rarely delivers on performance. Wise heads seem to be living at AM currently.

KimiRai
KimiRai

NAPI10 wrote:
12 May 2023, 15:31
Any info on Imola upgrade details or estimated gains expected?
I find it quite strange, no one from AM talking abt estimated gains from the upcoming package. Either they r playing it down or the team is not expecting much improvement from this particular package.
Loose lips might sink ships. There's something but we will have to wait.

Farnborough wrote:
12 May 2023, 15:59
They, AM, didn't shout it out about their car before the season started, bringing carefully considered design to the track and let that speak for them appears to be an intelligent approach, and much welcomed from me.

It's funny how all the hype people get into rarely delivers on performance. Wise heads seem to be living at AM currently.
Well... they couldn't shut up about their car having great tunnel numbers, to be fair. Where do you think all the preseason rumours came from.

Farnborough
Farnborough

Comments about AM appeared mostly to come from other groups talking though, they themselves seemed more circumspect in my recall.

McG

CMSMJ1 wrote:
12 May 2023, 10:03
Can we avoid getting personal please?

Also - Honda in this team thread?
I specifically made that post to not be personal. Yes it had laughing emojis but so what. His post was laughable I'm sure you agree. Please don't delete any of my posts when I'm trying to educate someone who is clearly wrong.

Also it is on topic to talk about Honda here because of the claims that AM might use Honda engines. You leave the McLaren thread to go in different directions all the time so why not here. It's only a team thread.
F1 is dead.