2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

RED BULL RACING
Welcome back to the Official Oracle Red Bull Racing Podcast, brought to you by HP Poly. Chief Technical Officer, Adrian Newey,
joins Nicola Hume to discuss the RB19, how Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez have harnessed its incredible speed on track
and how the design process for our 2023 Formula One car started years ago.
Also, Adrian reveals how Christian Horner persuaded him to join the Team back in 2006.
The Power of Dreams!

Zynerji

Wouter wrote:
23 May 2023, 16:30
RED BULL RACING
Welcome back to the Official Oracle Red Bull Racing Podcast, brought to you by HP Poly. Chief Technical Officer, Adrian Newey,
joins Nicola Hume to discuss the RB19, how Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez have harnessed its incredible speed on track
Also, Adrian reveals how Christian Horner persuaded him to join the Team back in 2006.
Good interview!

organic

https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel ... z-23052411

Interesting article about Ricciardo at Red Bull

AR3-GP

Wouter wrote:
RED BULL RACING
I did really well on the sound test :wink:

napoleon1981

AR3-GP wrote:
25 May 2023, 01:51
Wouter wrote:
RED BULL RACING
I did really well on the sound test :wink:
I was surprised he couldnt tell the renault shitbox and the Honda apart. Particularly the Honda is quite distinct in sound.

AR3-GP

No pictures from Monaco?

Wouter

Red Bull dominates the 2023 Formula 1 World Championship. But now comes Monaco,
even Dr. Helmut Marko says: "We are not favorites in Monaco!"

05/25/2023 09:51 am
Video 09:36 mins
Video only in German available.

Interview with Helmut Marko in Graz. In brief:
We are certainly not the favorite here. The qualification is very important. Ferrari has always warmed up the tires quickly
and are fast in the slow corners. Fernando is always at the front. Our advantage that we normally have during races,
low tire wear and fast on the long straights, we don't have here. So everything will depend on the qualification.

https://www.motorsport-magazin.com/form ... vorit.html
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP

That doesn't sound optimistic....

Wouter

No, but he is realistic.
The Power of Dreams!

basti313

Wouter wrote:
25 May 2023, 14:05
No, but he is realistic.
Well...I don`t know...I think he sounds more and more like Toto.

I do not see Ferrari or Merc having any resources to spare to think about a Monaco setup more than necessary. RedBull is in a much better position. So I would definitely put my money on RedBull.

Straight line speed: We saw it in the past. If you have a monster of an engine (Ferrari in the past) it also helps in Monaco or Spore. You are running maximum downforce, so of course even short straights DO MATTER. So I think the DRS effect can not be underestimated, this is still a big plus.

Drivers: I think the big plus of RedBull is still Verstappen. The gap without the Verstappen effect is small and as said by Marco not relevant enough to beat Alfonso or Leclerc with cozy warm tires in Monaco. Now the issue is, that there is no Verstappen effect so far in Monaco. He either nails his car into the wall or does not nail the first lap in Q3. One could even say that in Monaco Verstappen qualifies like Hamilton...that is not where they should be if the nr2 driver just needs to park his car to get pole. Sorry for the bad joke, but it is what it is.

So I would say that RedBull can only beat themselves here.
Don`t russel the hamster!

organic

Well the weekend has not started and Max has already referenced/confirmed the deliberate nature of the incident from quali last year here.

AR3-GP

All's well that begins well :?

I'd say this weekend will be one to forget.

ME4ME

Red Bull are racers and surely they'd very much like to 1-2 this race as well. However they must also realize that Monaco doesn't matter to their season.

Best for them to just relax. No over-driving. No expensive Monaco-specific hardware. No crash induced cost or penalties. Just bank two top five positions with Verstappen and Perez and on to the next race.

If anything, pressure is on Ferrari, Mercedes and Aston Martin to win while they have the chance - not on Red Bull to win this particular race.

AR3-GP

ME4ME wrote:
25 May 2023, 20:29
Red Bull are racers and surely they'd very much like to 1-2 this race as well. However they must also realize that Monaco doesn't matter to their season.

Best for them to just relax. No over-driving. No expensive Monaco-specific hardware. No crash induced cost or penalties. Just bank two top five positions with Verstappen and Perez and on to the next race.

If anything, pressure is on Ferrari, Mercedes and Aston Martin to win while they have the chance - not on Red Bull to win this particular race.
We were told by George Russell that RB will win every race this season. Now RB must see it it ;)

Juzh

All they really need is for Verstappen to stop throwing Q3 sessions and they'll be on pole. Car is plenty good enough, even with leclerc factor probably giving ferrari a tenth or two on these tracks.